What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Heifer returns to Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfishy1

Interesting read...... Sorry though, that guy seems in denial..... He keeps saying he knows red heifers but none of them are perfect. Then he goes into what is perfect, and how that is impossible. However, we now have a perfect red heifer, by the definition given in the bible.

If guy truly believes that a perfect red heifer is impossible, then would he believe it to be a miracle if one is born?

and your source....... https://mosaicministries.homestead.com/ seems a little out there..... But then again, we are talking red cows and the end of the world. It's all relative I guess. :tiphat:

Genetic modifications =/= miracle. It’s science m8

W

Water-

The part that makes me wonder, isn't the claim of being able to dance on water and not get wet...... Yet what makes me wonder is why is the D capitalized in dance?:tiphat:

“I would only believe in a god who could dance.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More insults from a petty man......

I didn't take any book and do anything. I shared a story that was in the news. Sorry that triggered you.......

Who are these scholars that say the bible shouldn't be taken literally? You have some facts to share, or just poo pooing again?

Thanks for the additional round of insults. It really shows how afraid you are to even consider the fact that God exists. The fact that a news story about a red heifer has you so triggered, should be a warning sign for ya. If it makes you feel better, go ahead and keep personally insulting me. I am secure with my beliefs, and the world around me. :tiphat:

Petty is trolling my photo album and making rep comments.

Though what would I know, I live in fear of God.

I'm just not entirely sure which one.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
This has nothing to do with my statement. I would suggest using a bit more logical thinking when you're reading and posting information. ;)

So, you've seen the 30 documents this 'passage' was constructed from? You're obviously missing the point of the phrase "Politically influenced" and "Reader's Digest" version. The "Bible" was a tool constructed to control the non-reading masses. It is HEAVILY edited, often having nothing to do with actual events.

When you take it literally, word for word, you're doing yourself a disservice. This becomes quite readily apparent when you study religion as a whole, without focusing on any individual practices. The ambiguity and openness to interpretation are not exclusive to christianity.

BTW, for those who are wondering, I'm a big fan of Jesus. He was the most outspoken cannabis using individual of his time. (that we're aware of) You also have to give credit to a guy who was not religious and spent a great deal of time teaching people individual sovereignty, and how you should not sell yourself to society.

:tiphat:

G `day DC

And lets not forget the lil get together they had in Constantinople aka Istanbul in the 4th Century .

Bible was edited and parts excluded ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Well the thing is, it's been proved time and time again that sacrifice really does work and we know this instinctively.

..... for example, look at the recent story of those teenage boys trapped in the flooded out cave in Thailand.

.......... alla the parents prayed to God that if their lives were spared they would send the kids to a monastery to serve God forever.

And they did!:tiphat:

G `day CG

Buddha aint God .
He was a Hindu Prince ...

Standard practice in Thailand to do a week at the Temple as a rite of passage to adult hood .
Boys went to the Temple did some rituals . Back home now .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
What are you even talking about? You must know absolutely nothing about Christianity if you believe that...... The most famous prophecy that billions believe came true was the return of Christ, which was prophesied and written into text hundreds of years before Christ. They even foretold where he would be born, and how. Pick up the bible and read and you can see for yourself the astounding accuracy of the bible.

The bible is in fact so accurate, I think the bible was inspired by God, or written by time traveling humans. Never in the history of the world has there been a book that has stood the test of time and science. The bible, whether you believe in God or not, is the most impressive book ever written.

G `day OSG

Then Mohamed went up in the hills starved himself for a time .
What do you know ,Allah appeared and let him know Jesus was wrong and here`s the new updated version .

But then ... Allah came back to let Mohamed know he got some details wrong .

Talk about sheeple .

LOL .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Standard practice in Thailand to do a week at the Temple as a rite of passage to adult hood .
Boys went to the Temple did some rituals . Back home now .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thanks, I feel a lot better, the account I read said they were taken away to enter training to become monks, which is not my idea of a rescue. :tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
when done properly, no

G `day IGO

Properly ?
Is that the procedure where the Mohel puts the penis in his mouth ?

Was reading about a herpes outbreak in young males from a Mohel who was infected with herpes .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

igrowone

Veteran
Klompen;8377211 ... Important questions you need to be able to answer: ... 3) Before Yahweh was a singular omnipresent God said:
another 1 of my favorites
the wife question(as i saw it), who does god procreate with?
from the best intelligence on the matter, god did have female company
i mean you're an omnipotent male, and presumably straight, you are going to have what you need
but things got kinky after the wars with Babylon, shit didn't go to plan
and so the great rewrite happened, god lost his babe(s?)
i'd love to know the reasoning that went into that choice

Klompen

Leading scholar on the bible and doesn't believe in the bible.... yea, talk about a wasted life.......

Just like how I love to learn how to grow pot, from somebody that doesn't think pot should be grown..... Totally logical.:tiphat:

Some of the greatest experts on genocide have never engaged in genocide. Is it a waste of a life to study something that is part of our world and is helpful to understand? You still haven't answered my completely reasonable list of questions. If you can't even answer those questions how can you be so sure you know The Bible to be true?

Klompen

another 1 of my favorites
the wife question(as i saw it), who does god procreate with?
from the best intelligence on the matter, god did have female company
i mean you're an omnipotent male, and presumably straight, you are going to have what you need
but things got kinky after the wars with Babylon, shit didn't go to plan
and so the great rewrite happened, god lost his babe(s?)
i'd love to know the reasoning that went into that choice

Its always hard to assign mortal traits to an omnipresent and omnipotent being. Its like a root vegetable trying to explain astrophysics.

Status
Not open for further replies.