What's new

RAW Rolling Papers . . . busted!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zigzag is the original. I would call them the best.
OIP.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It was 1995.

I have never before nor since seen a bud that covered in red hair. It looked rolled in sugar.

My brother told me that I would only need a hit or two... I laughed as I doubted.. he rolled a pinner that would make the Pope laugh... Zig Zag KutCorners.

I love the idea behind the tuckable ends but hate the postal envelope glue.

To this day I cannot remember a better joint.

I use the silver pack zig zag if I can't find the white or blue pack. Actually I think the KutCorners are white and orange now...

Modianos back in the day and rizla silver rolls were fine.... I remember rolling with birch leaves faced on acid in the woods.

Corn husks and Bible pages lots of fun with picture pages time to get your pens and your pencils.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Craftsmen still serve a purpose.

Thank you for the KutCorners reminder!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Last edited:

Eltitoguay

I agree, they might be the best. But there is an older paper that still exists. I give you Pay-Pay!

Pay-Pay

View attachment 18869828
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Pay-Pay
Pay-Pay is the oldest brand of cigarette rolling paper in the world. Pay-Pay rolling papers were originally traded by Spanish sailors for cotton and tobacco ...

PayPayPair.png

Pay-Pay+6+%281%29.jpg
I think Pay-Pay ("Filipino fan" in Spanish) was the company that Raw bought...

I don't know the reason for it is the motto that the Raw containers bring here, so as not to be sold in the US. Perhaps the different legislation on container labeling?...:
IMG_20230726_100659.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ojd

Chuckee

I tended to swap between Rizla Blues, ZigZags or smoking papers for years, the thinner the better. Fast forward a good few years I also got caught up in the RAW hype and started using their papers. I always thought they were a bit harsher compared to what I had been used to but stuck with it before switching to the Mighty. Funnily enough I gave my last few books of papers and tips to my friend as I no longer use them. One things for sure - the power of modern marketing!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We used the cut corners. I dont remember the exact color?. We used the orange 1-1/4 a lot as well.
Project1.png

The new kind.. Zigzag has all kinds of stuff now we didn't have back then.
TotUPn28-33404.png

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm glad Mr. Zig Zag still looks the same, and they didn't turn him into Spuds McKenzie.