What's new

RAW Rolling Papers . . . busted!

awwc

Nah I don't think so. Maybe the hemp ones but based on the website they don't seem to use rice, so not likely they make the classic/black RAWs or Elements (another HBI brand).

Which would explain why the injunction specifically mentions "RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers" time and time again.

Iberpapel mill is in Benimarfull, 15km from Alcoy.
I belief they do work together in some kind of capacity, raw does not use their own raw material but iber does source and have machines for raw material aka trees and other plants. ''HBI'' Does refint it to their own style I think it's a small industry and everyone knows one another.

Again you are mentioning organic hemp etc. which is true. I think this is just an attack, HBI will most likely sue back I think.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I’m not a fan but, all the local shops roll their products in them as pre rolls... so I’ll have one here and there, normally as a freebie or something.. but never really enjoyed them… over the last 15 years or so I can say I’ve used far worse rolling papers.
Every time I’m at a head shop and glance over at the paper or wrap section I’m always blown away at how many products there are, fuckin walls of product!
I remember feeling Experimental one day and picked up a pack of some flavored papers… got home and opened them up and I swear it reminded me of that old Fruit Stripe Gum wrapper that had the zebra on the package lol.
as kids we would use the inner paper wrapper of Juicy Fruit gum to roll one up. Just gotta be carful unfolding it haha.
Remember the cherry flavored papers?

Edit - JOB 1.25 here. It’s what the gas station sells.

Rgd

Veteran
no product that comes from the paper industry is going to be good or healthy
I don't like paper rollong papers lol

lkee I said before..I smoke Glass clear rolling “papers" ...

I find them way better..and use nothing else..

it may be like sushi or olives...you like it or you don't

“organic cotton mallow”..sounds good..but is it..lol?

WingzHauser

Papers are papers. All the same. Rice or cellulose. Can't believe potheads are so gullible to think Raw owns a rolling paper factory.

Anyone know where Mammoth Ps rolling paper factory is?

20230531_105836.jpg

Same factory as Raw probably. But Raw smokes better. I can imagine the minds blown if potheads toured a shirt factory to find the same women sewing different tags into the same product.

I don't trust/like/condone anything popular in the Cannabis world. Not since Cookies. I know how things get popular since then. Telling the most lies seems to be the goal of many cannabis entrepreneurs.

WingzHauser

20230531_113451.jpg

Fanciest papers in my collection. Produced by a sidedoor distributor for Glasshouse Farms in California, who recently moved a warehouses of Marijuana to distro warehouses across the Southern US. All the Cannabis tests over 1% delta 9 thc yet the labs are not regulated so accountability is completely dissolved. You trust these types of people? Fake COAs to sell Marijuana as hemp? Nothing honest comes from within the cannabis industry. It's all lies. Hemp papers.. Wow. Is hemp hurd unique in any way? You might as well tell me your truck drivers wear tiedye.

Smoke the free papers. Rolling papers are the matchbooks for century 21. I haven't bought matches in ages either. Anyone have a match preference? Did not think so. End the brand worship potheads.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
It's not a specific brand i prefere it's more a type of paper. Ultraslim, smooth, slightly translucent and as thin as possible. I just like to roll with that kind of paper. The slimmest i found are smoking master at 37mm.

Ca++

ZigZag are cheap and cheerful, but I like Rizla Blue. Silver is okay. Red/Green are too thick. Blue is a nice weight, and rolled just once round, is manageable. However all papers add something unwanted. I just roll to take one out with me, so all I bring home is my lighter. I just want pipes and bongs really.

4maggio

Y'all talk about paper affecting 'taste'. I been burning in all various types of inhalation methods: papers, pipes, cigarette pack conversions, bongs, water pipes, one hitters and whatever ways possible that I've forgotten about. My conclusion is, now, after 10 years of vaping (mainly Silver Surfer and others) I've never tasted the papers.... only the initial taste of whatever you sparked it with (butane or fluid) along with the taste of the ash that is being created by the burning.. now don't get me wrong... I've been getting high for 60+ years, I still do provide and/or partake while in a social environment if a joint is being passed, I'll suffer:rolleyes: but a glass pipe or one hitter, I have to pass. Too much ash I'd/you'd be in haling, it's all I can taste.. last I checked inhaling solids isn't good for my/your lungs in the long run.. Stay buzzed

4maggio

and BTW I now use RAW pre-rolled cones (2-3 joints a month) and fill them my self.
I do now have a whole box of EZWDER 'double wide' papers that I'll never use. They are thick as can be but no one ever declined when I broke one out because of the paper.

goingrey

Y'all talk about paper affecting 'taste'. I been burning in all various types of inhalation methods: papers, pipes, cigarette pack conversions, bongs, water pipes, one hitters and whatever ways possible that I've forgotten about. My conclusion is, now, after 10 years of vaping (mainly Silver Surfer and others) I've never tasted the papers.... only the initial taste of whatever you sparked it with (butane or fluid) along with the taste of the ash that is being created by the burning.. now don't get me wrong... I've been getting high for 60+ years, I still do provide and/or partake while in a social environment if a joint is being passed, I'll suffer:rolleyes: but a glass pipe or one hitter, I have to pass. Too much ash I'd/you'd be in haling, it's all I can taste.. last I checked inhaling solids isn't good for my/your lungs in the long run.. Stay buzzed
Roll two joints. One with one paper, one with two stacked on top of each other. If you can't taste a difference... well then I don't know what to say (most people can).

Tasting butane on the other hand I don't experience, and it really should be tasteless/odorless. Must be some contaminated butane in your lighters or then it is the flint or something you are tasting? Zippo lighter fluid does taste absolutely horrible, I don't understand why anyone uses that stuff, it's like gasoline.

P.S. If you want to avoid getting hot ashes in your mouth when using a one hitter, hold it like a chillum.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
. LOL, this will do absolutely do nothing to Raw bottom line.. If you read about the minutiae of the case it's trivial. Benimarfull is a municipality in the comarca of Comtat in the Valencian Community, Spain, just 14.5 kilometers (9 miles) from the town of Alcoy. I don't use papers often. I smoke everything through my bong. In the end who cares lol.

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
. LOL, this will do absolutely do nothing to Raw bottom line.. If you read about the minutiae of the case it's trivial. Benimarfull is a municipality in the comarca of Comtat in the Valencian Community, Spain, just 14.5 kilometers (9 miles) from the town of Alcoy. I don't use papers often. I smoke everything through my bong. In the end who cares lol.
I just don't like that giggly little elf that runs the company. But I have some of their products, because who cares?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just don't like that giggly little elf that runs the company. But I have some of their products, because who cares?
lol, there is no such thing as the best rolling papers. All the top brands are all similar and also are deceptive. People buy the brands they like nothing more. RAW just happens to be better at their sales deception. It really makes no difference what we ea buy, The top brands are all similar. The elf didn't do anything other companies don't do. He just got called out on it and got caught.. It will have zero effect on his bottom line. Rolling papers seem to be more for social gatherings. I don't use them at all. I do have a case that has been on the shelf for years.
img_8329.jpg
THE ONES WE ALL SHOULD NEVER BUY ARE THOSE CLEAR PAPERS. Glycerin combustion is an issue because it releases acrolein and aldehydes—both known carcinogens.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
All papers could be considered similar in that they are all of a basic design.

Not any one is like another is also a very apt way to view it.

The best paper is the one you can use when you need it.

Latest posts

Latest posts