What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RAW Rolling Papers . . . busted!

led05

Chasing The Present
LMFAO

Sounds like a summary of the space the past 30-40 years, just insert whatever fairy tales, tall tales & hyperbole you’d like into a litany of Dubious characters mouths….Then roll the queue

In total, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois on January 31, 2023, permanently enjoined HBI International from communicating or otherwise implying — whether via marketing material or statements by personnel — any of the following:

• That HBI and/or RAW® contributes its funds or proceeds to a charitable entity/foundation dubbed the “RAW Foundation”
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are “unrefined”
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling paper adhesives are made from natural hemp gum
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are the world’s first or only organic (or organic hemp) rolling papers
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are made in Alcoy, Spain
  • That HBI International shall not include a packaging “stamp” using the word Alcoy or referring to Alcoy
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers utilize wind power
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are made from the center of hemp stalks
  • That HBI or its founder Joshua Kesselmen invented rolling paper pre-rolled cones
  • That OCB® Organic Hemp papers are knock-offs, “RAWnabees,” copies, or fake versions of RAW® rolling papers

EMPEROR CAVEAT

X15

I’m not a fan but, all the local shops roll their products in them as pre rolls... so I’ll have one here and there, normally as a freebie or something.. but never really enjoyed them… over the last 15 years or so I can say I’ve used far worse rolling papers.
Every time I’m at a head shop and glance over at the paper or wrap section I’m always blown away at how many products there are, fuckin walls of product!
I remember feeling Experimental one day and picked up a pack of some flavored papers… got home and opened them up and I swear it reminded me of that old Fruit Stripe Gum wrapper that had the zebra on the package lol.
as kids we would use the inner paper wrapper of Juicy Fruit gum to roll one up. Just gotta be carful unfolding it haha.

laszlokovacs

lol they for sure dont taste good enough for people to fangirl over them the way they do. It was always obvious dude was a lil pathological the way he got his Rawks off from all the praise but at the end of the day hes just a sleazy salesman. They have a picture of string printed on all their packs of papers their brand is straight up silly the whole aesthetic is odd.

Most papers got some detectable type heavy metal/garbage in them, I dont think raws really any worse or different.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a shock , I been using Raw organic papers and tips for as long as they have been around.
I order a box of papers and box of tips and so on when run out for years.

What's the next best papers to use then , what brand does everyone use ?

I used to use smoking Blue and smoking Silver

moose eater

As you may have read online in the last couple of days, RAW (HBI) has been successfully sued for false advertising and a whole list of complaints.

They can no longer advertise them as unrefined or that they use natural gum etc etc. It was all false.

See Ganjapreneur for more details.
Another illusion shot to Hell.....

"You just can't trust anyone any more."

Never used their papers. No loss at my house.

Just another corporation among hundreds or thousands, exposed for being the opportunists they are.

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
FTW

51X7drHIXJL._AC_.jpg

awwc

If you want the cleanest papers, use corn papers, sucks that they burn and taste so bad. Smoking is a close second, I know for a fact their papers really are not that bad, so is old school Mascotte/rizla (shame they don't burn quite right).

Had a talk with this guy yearssss ago, he is a straight up salesman and gives 0 fucks aboout his products in actuality. Honestly guys there are cleaner papers out there but smoking is smoking.