What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RAW Rolling Papers . . . busted!

goingrey

Is there anyone making premade cones similar to RAW, except with a paper like the Element?

I hate how the raw cones taste and smell, but I love the easy format of premade cones.
1703011988095.png

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will look these up as I respect your opinion on smoking. Elements won me over with OCB in there too I guess. RAW is good but I do not like the fakeness they are doing and that puts the whole show in doubt.

That picture of the mashed up Zig Zag pack brought back memories, it was a wallet essential. Some of the papers used back in the 70's were horrible, as if you tore a page out of a book and rolled with it bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Rgd

Phlavorjunkee

Veteran
I always thought RAW products were over rated. Though I've smoked a few thousand raw
" organic hemp"in my time ! I have bongs that I'll smoke out of at home once In a while, and a vape with whip,/bags which I like too . But Ive ALWAYS been a joint smoker! Still am.
Ive used all kinds of papers over the years.

Nowadays I ONLY smoke Filtered joints( hand rolled )or pre rolled CONES . 95%of the time.

Elements Rice papers, and Elements pre rolled cones are what I'm using now have have been for couple years now .

shithawk420

Veteran
As far as prerolled goes Cones are the best I've had but they are expensive.i don't buy prerolls but if someone has arthritis I can see why they might like them. I've seen these grinder machines lately and you put the cone in and then the weed and the grinder dumps in automatically.ill post a link if I remember

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I never liked cones. I do use the Raw tips and a simple rolling machine when I roll my 'giveaway' joints or the joints that I take to the bars at night. It's just so much nicer to have that 'built-in roach clip' that the cardboard tips provide.

At home, I hand roll regular old fashioned joints. And, I use a plain old alligator clip for the roach. LOL Old habits...

However, I am thinking of switching to cones for my 'giveaways' and 'bar' joints. At this point, I am rolling over 500 fucking joints a month. Gets to be a pain in the ass. I have been looking at some of the commercial cone fillers but between the machine and the cost of cones compared to papers..... I'm still on the fence about it.

I would love to find and automated joint ROLLING machine but it does not appear that such a thing exists. I have a 'tube stuffer' but, again buying tubes is a pain and expensive compared to papers.

goingrey

“Elements"..looks interesting.".just pack it in"
Yeah those are the "cones", other brands also make them (and Elements also makes regular papers).

Never tried any cones myself. Seems like it would be more difficult to funnel the weed into one of those than to put some on a regular paper and roll it up. But people have arthritis or other reasons for not being able to roll, so I like 'em on their behalf.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah those are the "cones", other brands also make them (and Elements also makes regular papers).

Never tried any cones myself. Seems like it would be more difficult to funnel the weed into one of those than to put some on a regular paper and roll it up. But people have arthritis or other reasons for not being able to roll, so I like 'em on their behalf.
most people cant roll what i consider good and these cones are single layer. dont see whats hard about just dropping weed in them. gotta make sure its finely ground and they cost a bit. I dont buy them but i can see buying the big ones a couple times a year

goingrey

most people cant roll what i consider good and these cones are single layer. dont see whats hard about just dropping weed in them. gotta make sure its finely ground and they cost a bit. I dont buy them but i can see buying the big ones a couple times a year
Yeah surely it's not difficult especially if ground fine..

But still, seems like the less convenient way to me.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah surely it's not difficult especially if ground fine..

But still, seems like the less convenient way to me.
I can roll very good joints but sometimes my hands cramp up on me.they got cheap electric grinders where you put the cone in then the weed and its grinds it in one piece of what I dont,cheap plastic machine for lack of a better word. Honestly I'm not trying to be a dick.you have to grind the weed anyway.how can rolling a good joint which takes skill be easier than taking a piece of paper with weed and letting it drop in the tube? I'm sorry I just fail to see the logic.doesnt matter.i don't smoke much these days anyway.i hope you at least can roll good joints.I will insist I roll the joint because I find most people don't know how to roll.sorry if I come across rude.not my intention

crimsonecho

never liked the after taste of raw it always left a sweet and chemical like taste in my mouth with tobacco and cannabis. i like these ocb ones they dont have any noticable taste ime.

Attachments

• C8B9FA6E-D227-4D90-8A68-57CB8EBA0482.jpeg
    C8B9FA6E-D227-4D90-8A68-57CB8EBA0482.jpeg
    571.5 KB · Views: 26

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The good part of cones is that you can make more than 1 at a time. The Bump Buddy does like 20 to 60. Some of the commercial vibrators can do 50 to 100 cones at a time.

So, your needs dictate your method.

Like I said earlier, for me, and what I smoke at home, I usually just roll joints. But for the hundred a month that I give away, rolling is getting harder. LOL With my little ZigZag rolling machine, I can roll about 20 to 30 joints in about 15 minutes.

Plus, cones require a super fine and dry weed to work. Nothing tastes worse than over dry weed.

:)

JMO

shithawk420

Veteran
The good part of cones is that you can make more than 1 at a time. The Bump Buddy does like 20 to 60. Some of the commercial vibrators can do 50 to 100 cones at a time.

So, your needs dictate your method.

Like I said earlier, for me, and what I smoke at home, I usually just roll joints. But for the hundred a month that I give away, rolling is getting harder. LOL With my little ZigZag rolling machine, I can roll about 20 to 30 joints in about 15 minutes.

Plus, cones require a super fine and dry weed to work. Nothing tastes worse than over dry weed.

:)

JMO
anyone can roll 30 joints in 10 minutes. Question is are they good?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
This is a shock , I been using Raw organic papers and tips for as long as they have been around.
I order a box of papers and box of tips and so on when run out for years.

What's the next best papers to use then , what brand does everyone use ?

I used to use smoking Blue and smoking Silver
Brother other than about 60 packs of papers from Ace over the years, I only buy Bumbu papers. They are recognized as the oldest company in the world from what I've read and heard.
They're my preferred papers for ease of rolling, toughness and lack of added paper taste.

They burn very even if you let them dry before lighting them.
Peace farmerlion
20231220_140054.jpg
20231223_154110.jpg
20231223_154210.jpg