What's new

RADICAL LST...White Domina x Qrazy Train by Nugbuckets

nugbuckets

few pics of my clones, which are coming along nicely, and one of my bonded mamas.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nugbuckets

it is about time to start talking about f-1 selection criteria.......you may think i am a little off, but the most important thing for me over everything else ...#1 growth structure.....i want thick stems, single cola dominance without a whole lot of off-shootong of the main stems...plants that are able to build a level canopy, and be almost completely self supporting, even with donkey dick colas.... i also want stout plants that don't stretch much, and can handle getting pounded outdoors without much added support. i also prefer smaller leaves, for less shading of under story buds.....but most important to me is larf.....or lack there of.....i loathe popcorn...i don't make bubble, just tincture sometimes...so i really have no use for buds un-worthy of a jar..... all of my moms must have a 15% or less larf factor....and two of my moms have 0%.....all nug, all day, all the way down to the last bud, and with good structure, comes good yield......you will get a better idea what i mean in a few weeks.......only after we reach preferable structure, can we begin to talk about the dank factor!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
it is about time to start talking about f-1 selection criteria.......you may think i am a little off, but the most important thing for me over everything else is growth structure.....i want thick stems, single cola dominance without a whole lot of off-shootong of the main stems...plants that are able to build a level canopy. i also want stout plants that don't stretch much, and can handle getting pounded outdoors without much added support. i also prefer smaller leaves, for less shading of under story buds.....but most important to me is larf.....or lack there of.....i loathe popcorn...i don't make bubble, just tincture sometimes...so i really have no use for buds un-worthy of a jar..... all of my moms must have a 15% or less larf factor....and two of my moms have 0%.....all nug, all day, all the way down to the last bud......you will get a better idea what i mean in a few weeks.......only after we reach preferable structure, can we begin to talk about the dank factor!

U know what u want and that is one of the reasons u are such a great grower. Good work brother!!!!!

I hate larf too. I want buds!!! The critical + was serious bud

nugbuckets

#2 density/calyx to leaf ratio.

rock hard nugs......along with good structure, usually comes good calyx to leaf ratio....not always of course, but often.....along with larfy bud, i don't enjoy trimming leafy bud, or smoking it for that matter, so it goes without saying that leafy bud is not what i am looking for. if you look at the bud above, you will notice that there is very little leaf at all....hells yeah....and like my mentor says..."you could shoot that out of a sling-shot, and it would hurt somebody!"......i also get great pleasure when someone looks at an ounce of my bud, and says....dude that can't be an ounce, it looks like a half......until they pick up a nug, and say holy shit! they are like rocks!
note: the nug above is 8 grams, and was grown under 400 watts...so there is also a lot to be said about a plant that performs well with less energy available to it.

W

Wookieefoot

Wow, Nug. Just went through every post. Your grow looks great. I'm sure you heard it a hundred times already but NICE CANOPY! ... hehe. Late to the show but I'm watching. :good:

nugbuckets

#3 Jar Appeal
lets face it, once you start growing dank, you are going to be dealing with herb that is pretty potent. and each strain affects everybody a little different anyway....i myself prefer herb that is motivating, anti- depressive/anxiety , pain-relieving, and inspirational, but of course sometimes i prefer to melt a little bit.......but one thing is for sure, if you start with killer genetics, you are bound to end up with something that is going to please someone, if not most.....and with a F-1, every plant is going to be slightly different medicine......so i don't worry too much about the potency.....chances are, it is going to be pretty intense meds.

...aroma/looks/flavor......yeah....i want to have the irresistable urge to eat my buds like candy......i like to hear my friends say they often crack open the jar, just for a smell.....i want to be able to squeeze myself into a jar, and take a nap in my buds, i always want to have that bitter-sweet felling you get when to take your bud scissors and mangle a perfect specimen for the bowl or fatty.........thinking, man that was almost too pretty to smoke........one of my all-time favorite things about growing is when indoor harvest is near, and i walk out into the cold winter air after having my nose buried in a cola, resin on the tip of my nose, and the cold air hits and amplifies the bliss 10 fold, and it makes me stop in my tracks, close my eyes, and take a huge breath of it's aromatic beauty....so intoxicating.....yeah, smell is so important....it is a lot like fine dining.....looks beautiful, and smells so excellent, your mouth begins to water, and you take your first taste, and your in heaven......
picture.php

Smokindogcujo

Nothing better than having someone crack open one of your jars and watching their face light up like a kid under the Christmas tree!

That wappa x QT looks killer! How did you like the QT? Qrazy Train right?

nugbuckets

Nothing better than having someone crack open one of your jars and watching their face light up like a kid under the Christmas tree!

That wappa x QT looks killer! How did you like the QT? Qrazy Train right?

dude, the Qrazytrain is epic! big indica stone, anti-anxiety, analgesic...big, rock hard, grape smelling/tasting buds.

picture.php

nugbuckets

this plant is #5....it has amazing structure, and i am very excited about it.....

picture.php

it was hard to get a good shot of the stems, but it is the first thing i look for....big, thick donkey-dick style stems, without any long, wire-like, secondary stems.....just "single cola dominance"......in a few days i will do my final pruning, removing any of the wiry stems, even if they are part of the canopy, i would rather give their space to the massive stems....it may drop my canopy "main bud" total by about 20% but i would rather have 70 donkey dicks, then 110 colas of varying sizes.....we call it "main lining", starting from the base of the plant, counting how many total colas a main branch is carrying, making sure that one main branch is not carrying more cola stems than the next.....that way the plant can equally distribute it's energy amongst all tops in the canopy.

#5 has classic "donkey" stems.....thick as a bic pen, all the way up, and stout node stems.

picture.php

picture.php

the plants were pollinated today, and some more ventilation was added, trichs are beginning to form......they are showing symptoms of very slight over-feeding....exactly where i want them heading into "mass" phase.

nugbuckets

DAY 18 Flower\

decided to do my major main-line prune today......took about 20% of the total foliage and small tops out, still ended up with 114 tops after the prune....about 14 on each bush, also added some 2x4's to level up the canopy, the girls average 22 inches tall, the pic of the two plants together are my favorite so far #5, and #6.....here are some pics....nugs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nugbuckets

week three already, and the ladies are doing very, very well....they look beautiful...getting their resin, and putting out some serious olfactory bliss....tropical fruit, black pepper, berries, and a splash of sandalwood/patchouli, deadhead mama funk...yum.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts