What's new

Racist cops protect racist zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
If Zimmerman was the one on the ground being pummeled, it doesn't mean that he wasn't the one who initiated the physical conflict.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly, I know what you know. which is only what you were fed by the media and what LE allowed to be released. So, I can surely not make an informed decision about what happened, it is really nothing to be worked up about until the REAL story is known.

Actually a lot of this information was from witnesses that the cops refused to even question. between all the sources it is very clear. If I was a on a jury I would already vote guilty.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well I for one wish the racism issue wasn't the driving force behind the reaction to this as the likely result will be that Zimmerman goes to jail. Many will feel good about themselves and pat themself on the back claiming to have brought about justice and all the while the real problem will go undealt with.

The real problem here isn't that the shooter might be racist. The real problem here is that he is allowed to carry a gun in public and while doing so he used that gun to shoot and kill someone. Where is the follow up to that action? Police who have a much greater right to carry and use a firearm and who have a job where they might be required to do so have to go thru all sorts of accountability and evaluation when they actually fire their weapons. So where is the evaluation for this guy?

Near as I can tell all this guy needed to do to get approval for his actions from authorities was to say he felt threatened. Yet nowhere in any account have I seen any evidence that clearly justifies the need for deadly force. Perhaps if all people who are allowed to carry guns had to really justify it when they actually use them and faced the possibility of losing the right to carry if they're deemed unfit or their reasons unjustified then maybe more people would think twice before using their gun?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I haven't seen anyone trying to "defend" Zimmerman. As I pointed out earlier, I think that it is really ironic that a bunch of people who hang out on a cannabis site are jumping on the media lynch-mob wagon when they know full well how factual the media is when reporting about pot. You all "know" what happened in your fantasy scenarios - well, I can think of about 50 different scenarios where, at worst, Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter. Yes, they all start with him having piss-poor judgment, but that is kind of a pervasive attribute amongst humanity. Personally, I prefer to deal with facts.

hes being investigated for a hate crime by the fbi to see if it is a hate crime

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...neighborhood-watch-volunteer-george-zimmerman

this is why people think it was racially motivated because ti is being investigated as such

when the notion of it being racially motivated gets people upset and defensive and using the "polluted media" as an end all it makes you wonder why such stark indifference?

no one here would tolerate that kinda behavior from a cop, being questions simply for walking home, yet some neighborhood watch douche probably had good reason to

ignore the cops and keep chasing the kid?

shoot an the same unarmed kid that was 100 pounds less than him?

all cause the kid was what, wearing a an imposing hoodie? or carrying a bad ass bag of skittles?

if there was nothing to hide why did it go un-investigated? why not have the police investigate so they can have proof of your innocence?

this is how small towns cover up crime in America

even the maker of the do not back down law says he does not qualify for its because he instigated with the kid

even better the dude is in hiding

your right there are no facts here painting any picture because the Illuminati controlled media taints everything

there are plenty of "media lies" i didn't reference like the 911 calls the dialog between he young man and his girlfriend or other information

but who are we fooling its all lies

unless the media was reporting something good about pot then they are on point

lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Well I for one wish the racism issue wasn't the driving force behind the reaction to this as the likely result will be that Zimmerman goes to jail. Many will feel good about themselves and pat themself on the back claiming to have brought about justice and all the while the real problem will go undealt with.

The real problem here isn't that the shooter might be racist. The real problem here is that he is allowed to carry a gun in public and while doing so he used that gun to shoot and kill someone. Where is the follow up to that action? Police who have a much greater right to carry and use a firearm and who have a job where they might be required to do so have to go thru all sorts of accountability and evaluation when they actually fire their weapons. So where is the evaluation for this guy?

Near as I can tell all this guy needed to do to get approval for his actions from authorities was to say he felt threatened. Yet nowhere in any account have I seen any evidence that clearly justifies the need for deadly force. Perhaps if all people who are allowed to carry guns had to really justify it when they actually use them and faced the possibility of losing the right to carry if they're deemed unfit or their reasons unjustified then maybe more people would think twice before using their gun?

what made him think this kid was suspicious?

what action?

he profiled him before he saw him commit a crime or he would have had a crime to report

what made that child so different that he could not be "a neighborhood kid"?

his hoodie? or his color? because he did not report to the police a crime in process only suspicion of one, suspicion for which the cause of has yet to be revealed

look at prisons and see how the dynamic of violent minds and racism play off of each other and give this scenario a good consideration and ask yourself how race wouldn't be a factor in the marginalization of this kid?

It wasn't being investigated as a hate crime initially,but after the outpouring of some more people who haven't a clue as to what took place or the motivation for it,now it is...so it must be?

Hurling insults doesn't bolster anyone's case in the least.I think I'm with rives in that ill prefer to get actual facts before passing judgement.

Some of you are as bad as the nuts that knock on my door asking me to pray to their God,just the flip side of the same coin.If you look for it I'm sure you'll find it.

AKDrifter

Actually a lot of this information was from witnesses that the cops refused to even question. between all the sources it is very clear. If I was a on a jury I would already vote guilty.
My point exactly. Your mind is already made up based on what you have seen on TV and in the papers, which very likely is not all the pertinent information.

I am not defending him, or condoning what he did. Merely pointing out that people are ready to string him up and nobody has all the facts yet. If he was wrong and the shooting was not justified they will prosecute him for murder, there is no way he is going to get out of anything.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Can you show me where the Sanford Police called the U.S. Justice Department?.

I can see how the prosecutors will not press charges if something is dealing with the police as they work together and this I have seen with my own eyes. They allowing a grand jury and the U.S. Justice Department handle the matter NOW after all the outcry but if this wasn't so widely known they would have done nothing.

It's right in the video. What's that about the prosecutors and police now? This case was not "dealing with the police." The prosecutors informed the police that they didn't have a manslaughter case based on lack of evidence and corroborating witness accounts. That's all.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
thefinger.jpg

article-0-1172611D000005DC-336_638x449.jpg

liger_dophins.jpg

planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston1.jpg

evolution_cartoon.gif

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
you guys don't trust the media but you trust the police and the cops to set it straight?

LOL IN THIS THREAD YOU DO

but im sure not in ones when the victim is a grower and the perp a cop

understanding human nature, having the capacity to take what people say, disseminating truth from fiction and come to logical observable conclusions is not all that difficult

at least its not for me

this can easily be turned into a debate of the probable based on what has been reported across a wide variety of media outlets with metrics assigned to calculate probabilities

doesn't need to be, the only reason i jumped into the thread was because people were saying making this racist is not appropriate and I AM SAYING that is delusion and denial

because if you understand it as i explained in the prison example the violent mind also gravitates to racism

and that this dynamic coupled with the reported circumstances in this case lend to the prospect that he made this kid an enemy before the confrontation

if you have a problem with that, that this guy might be racist then i ask you and all of you

why?

what is your proof that race wasn't involved and why do you care to stand your ground here and now on zimmermans behalf?

why

when any of you have a good answer for that ill take my hat from the ring

T

TribalSeeds

People wanna turn this into an issue about the shooter being racist, the fact is that doesn't matter. He should have been taken into custody regardless! The pigs wouldn't have treated the case the same way if it was a white kid murdered by a black neighborhood watchmen.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Building oneself into a state of frothing incoherence over imagined slights doesn't make them fact.

understanding human nature, having the capacity to take what people say, disseminating truth from fiction and come to logical observable conclusions is not all that difficult

at least its not for me

this can easily be turned into a debate of the probable based on what has been reported across a wide variety of media outlets with metrics assigned to calculate probabilities

Nor does this have anything to do with making anything factual. I'm amazed that you can justify to yourself that a logical conclusion and calculated probabilities have the slightest influence on determining what happened between two human beings.

what is your proof that race wasn't involved and why do you care to stand your ground here and now on zimmermans behalf?

why

when any of you have a good answer for that ill take my hat from the ring

What is your proof that racism was an element here? Preferring to avoid condemning someone until the facts are in is a basic tenet of all reasonable justice systems. Abstaining until facts are at hand is not to be confused with supporting Zimmerman. I think that your zenhood has slipped again.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Did you know that the Miami Herald reported that, in that community, there were eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting just in the past year? Did you know that an interviewee, Ibrahim Rashada (who happens to be black) indicated that the perpetrators were usually black? Of course it was about Trayvon being black. This thread's title is about the cops being the racists and helping Zimmerman out when it has been reported that they were seeking to arrest him on manslaughter charges before they were informed they had no case by the state. This isn't about Zim being a racist which he is said to have black relatives and neighbors that speak well of him.

T

Truthman

It's right in the video. What's that about the prosecutors and police now? This case was not "dealing with the police." The prosecutors informed the police that they didn't have a manslaughter case based on lack of evidence and corroborating witness accounts. That's all.

The video stated they WELCOMED federal help and they are were in touched with the department of justice and setting up a meeting NOT they called them BIG DIFFERENCE. It was the Family attorney who sent a letter to the U.S. Attorney General asking for a federal investigation.

Also, the detectives that the video was basically making statements form were from the Sanford Police and they said the prosecutors told them they didn't have enough evidence for a manslaughter case which is what they are going to say as to why they didn't charge Zimmerman but what I'm stating is Zimmerman obviously has connections with the police because he keeps getting away with doing dumb shit that has led up to this and the police work with the prosecutors as to what will and won't go to trial. You should know this if you are doing something illegal.

One witness already stated the police didn't want to take her statements and she came out on her own and said the police lied about the things she stated.

Witness Speaks Out In Trayvon Martin Case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cWwUAbbWnk&feature=related

mad librettist

Veteran
?

Racism became an issue not only because of Zimmerman's actions, but, as you say, racism became an issue because of the response to the shooting. Yes, you are right on that point.

We disagree on which "reaction" was racist. I say the cops letting this predator walk away uncharged was the racist reaction. If roles were reversed and Zimmerman were dead, do you think his killer would have slept in his own bed that same night?

People are talking about race in 2012 America because it is an issue that won't leave you alone if you are black. Talking about something that exists is not the same as making it happen.

Please, if you can refute the substance of what I'm saying, show me. But don't give me this bullshit about how I see racism because I want to, or that just by mentioning what I see I am causing it to happen. That's bullshit and everyone knows it, and everyone knows it is the public comment tends to go with out and out racism behind closed doors. As a member of the white people club I have heard plenty of things in private that never get said without checking over each shoulder.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
this has nothing to do with zimmerman a black kid or the media or racism on their parts

it has to do with a bunch of pot heads getting all upset about the word racist and concept of racism when in a foreign context

none of us know the shooter or the victim so why is there any personal vestment in the denial of any known catalyst?

no one answers that one NO ONE

answer that one and all the conflict in the thread is resolved

so what if its a racially biased attack, people do fucked up things for fucked up motives not fucked up things for random non apparent motives

doesn't make it any more or any less wrong or right it simply proves cause and effect

so once again why so many pants get bunched at the prospect of racism being a cause or an effect in this case?

lol

anyone?

mad librettist

Veteran
The video stated they WELCOMED federal help and they are were in touched with the department of justice and setting up a meeting NOT they called them BIG DIFFERENCE.

Also, the detectives that the video was basically making statements form were from the Sanford Police and they said the prosecutors told them they didn't have enough evidence for a manslaughter case which is what they are going to say as to why they didn't charge Zimmerman but what I'm stating is Zimmerman obviously has connections with the police because he keeps getting away with doing dumb shit that has led up to this and the police work with the prosecutors as to what will and won't go to trial. You should know this if you are doing something illegal.

One witness already stated the police didn't want to take her statements and she came out on her own and said the police lied about the things she stated.

Witness Speaks Out In Trayvon Martin Case
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cWwUAbbWnk&feature=related

This is why we still need federal intervention.

mad librettist

Veteran
this has nothing to do with zimmerman a black kid or the media or racism on their parts

it has to do with a bunch of pot heads getting all upset about the word racist and concept of racism when in a foreign context

none of us know the shooter or the victim so why is there any personal vestment in the denial of any known catalyst?

no one answers that one NO ONE

answer that one and all the conflict in the thread is resolved

so what if its a racially biased attack, people do fucked up things for fucked up motives not fucked up things for random non apparent motives

doesn't make it any more or any less wrong or right it simply proves cause and effect

so once again why so many pants get bunched at the prospect of racism being a cause or an effect in this case?

lol

anyone?

you don't understand the power of symbols? due to conditions that vary geographically with income. and even with lighter or darker skin tone, black people in this country endure psychic pain you and I do not. When something like this happens it reminds everyone that we are not all free.

That reminder is painful, and people with compassion, like many people here, feel sympathetic pain. It helps to talk about it here.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Building oneself into a state of frothing incoherence over imagined slights doesn't make them fact.

Nor does this have anything to do with making anything factual. I'm amazed that you can justify to yourself that a logical conclusion and calculated probabilities have the slightest influence on determining what happened between two human beings.

What is your proof that racism was an element here? Preferring to avoid condemning someone until the facts are in is a basic tenet of all reasonable justice systems. Abstaining until facts are at hand is not to be confused with supporting Zimmerman. I think that your zenhood has slipped again.

obviously im not incoherent because you claim to understand me enough to refute me

my analysis of the "facts" the multi media outlets present lead me to beleive that race was indeed a factor in his determining that this was not a child from "his neighborhood" and thus the catalyst for the subsequent confrontation and shooting

this is my hypothesis and have made and can make further claims to support it but like i said that's why i'm not in the thread

i'm here because the objection of racism as a potential cause is born from the bias of racism itself

its that fucking simple

this has nothing to do with anybody but me a bunch of racist pot heads on a canna board trying to fight tooth and nail to justify why they are defending against the use of the label of racist in the potential cause of murder when they are not the parties involved

why does racism matter to anyone here when we aren't part of the crime?

unless you bear the guilt or pain as a perpetrator or survivor of racism my conclusiveness should have no bearing on your desire to wait for facts

IN OTHER WORDS

there is no reason the concept of racial motivation should offend anyone

unless of course your a racist or a krunch bubble fan boy trying to defend his honor cant he cant troll me effectively on his own

Last edited:

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
The video stated they WELCOMED federal help and they are were in touched with the department of justice and setting up a meeting NOT they called them BIG DIFFERENCE.

Again, you must've missed the part where it was stated that they've been in touch "on their own" and set up a meeting. It is implied that the Sandford PD "got in touch with them" them and set up a meeting. It didn't have to be a call. It could've been an email, fax or other form of communication. But getting in touch with them is getting in touch with them.

You watch too much television. If he had something on them do you really think they wouldn't have either killed him or found away to lock his ass up forever? Instead, they're just gonna give him carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants and try to cover up his murders??? C'mon son.

Status
Not open for further replies.