What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R&D

Cactus Squatter

Something interesting I’ve noticed over 2 grows now with these particular phenos, one under CMH from seed and one under LED from clone, as well as a 3rd grow of the A5 x Panama and the Neville’s x Panama back under my CMH, is that for some reason the Zamaldelica x A5 cross has been much more tolerant of fertilizer levels both low or high. It just seems to be happy no matter what it gets, with only a little darkening of the leaves to show for it the soil’s a little hot. I was expecting the Panama side of the other crosses to be the easier one to grow.

island_organics

Moroccan x Lebanese male in early bloom
1C572E74-2F36-4467-A321-73C8FD94EB12.jpeg
A2138E03-CCB1-44A5-9727-87ACEDB17ECE.jpeg
1F189152-B77D-4E19-9819-6E5306CECC26.jpeg
80A0A127-ECB6-4CB7-A941-D7800A3848FC.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
Something interesting I’ve noticed over 2 grows now with these particular phenos, one under CMH from seed and one under LED from clone, as well as a 3rd grow of the A5 x Panama and the Neville’s x Panama back under my CMH, is that for some reason the Zamaldelica x A5 cross has been much more tolerant of fertilizer levels both low or high. It just seems to be happy no matter what it gets, with only a little darkening of the leaves to show for it the soil’s a little hot. I was expecting the Panama side of the other crosses to be the easier one to grow.

What’s the effect like on that Zam x A5??

Apologies if I missed the description 👍👍

island_organics

Moroccan x Lebanese. There’s a couple of plants that are nearly done, and the rest are in full bloom and looking great. A nice mix of aromas with floral and fruity, piney and spicy, and one plant that smells like haze that’s been dipped in engine oil which is possibly my favorite at the moment.
85107C1C-4382-44E8-9010-E889624E9F7B.jpeg
5F48B2F6-B0D7-48AD-BA23-E180375B4E1E.jpeg
0C6992AB-90D6-4A5C-B921-C25871FC6398.jpeg
08359D0F-2890-4657-BDE2-1BD40A05E701.jpeg
DE2D3E64-E209-470A-8606-82A05B2CC659.jpeg
7F84ACF2-E1A3-4D7F-9A8F-946FB9E91516.jpeg

Koondense

Veteran
it's looking bomb! can you please write a short smoke report of #1 and #2?

Hey wutwut,
I wrote a short sampling report in my grow thread:
"The Amnesia x Panamas are very tasty, different phenos but similar smelling. The early vaping samples give a long lasting effect, a bit thick and comfortable like lying on a big sofa. It's got a lot of Panama dreamy effect also, mildly psychedelic and the dissociative side from Amnesia. A very good evening herb. The room smells of incense when you go out and come back, if you stay in you don't notice it much.
But that's just early vaping of two buds in the lower canopy :) Gotta save some tops for summer nights.
"

I can add now the smell lingering in the room(pheno#1) has a strong frankincense component, it's a very pronounced resin smell just like in orthodox churches. I assume it comes from Panama as Pangi had a very similar smell. I love it but I prefer a less lazy effect overall, so would personally pick Pangi over this cross, however my friends prefer this one as it's more chill and less psychedelic.

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @island_organics for your interest in exploring the Moroccan x Lebanese F1 🥰 Most growers are usually into the most potent hybrids, so i really appreciate you chose this F1 for a spring grow, indeed great genetics for outdoor growing, love the balance of traits from both Moroccan and Lebanese in your plants. And congrats also for your green fingers, taking care so well of them, and for your discipline and constancy bringing the plants in and out every day.

You are going to find different THC/CBD ratios in your plants. Do you have the chance to test your plants at the lab ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So final weights of everything from this R&D run.

Zamaldelica x A5 16.1oz
flowered 14 weeks

Panama x A5 6.6oz
flowered 13 weeks.

Neville’s x Panama 3oz
flowered 11.5ish weeks.

A5 x Panama 3.2oz
flowered 13 weeks.

28.9oz total in a 4x4 tent, dual 315CMH and organic soil not including the little bit of larf that went into the hash pile. I think the only reason the Neville’s x Panama and the A5 x Panama didn’t yield more is the Zam x A5 grew like a mofo and dominated the tent like a giant psychopathic octopus. It was everywhere and wrapped around everything to try and contain it.

My entire house wreaks of a fruity Malawi kind of smell from having this Zam x A5 hanging up. 😂 she was a monster but thankfully fairly easy to trim.

Looks like Zamaldelica x A5 Haze stole the show :D @Cactus Squatter really nice yield friend :yes: so happy for you! Harvest must be getting to a great curing moment at this point ... What's your opinion on each one ?

Panama A5 Haze also gives me a very peaceful feeling, although it's quite narcotic psychoactivity for me. On the other hand, the lemony phenos of Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama) are really uplifting and energetic.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
full

full

Mine has been in the jar for about four months, also very bushy with horizontal branches and full of buds like flames.
In my case the ZamA5 is not very similar to my previous KA5.
This one smells of sweet carrot, flowers and incense, very delicate in comparison, maybe it shares some of that incense with KA5 which seems to me a little more fruity, meaty and leathery.
In terms of effects, also more subtle, progressive and joyful. The KA5 is more beast, intense and fast.
Now it is beginning to shine, although I will have it curing for at least two months before packaging and in the fridge.

Salu2

Makes me really happy to see talented and experienced growers like you @el mani enjoying with the outcome of the new Zamaldelica x A5 Haze hybrid :) That mix of fruitiness and kind uplifting effects from Zamaldelica elite with the leathery/incense and killer narcotic effects from A5 Haze gives the chance to really interesting and complex terpene combos and psychoactivities. The comparison with Killer A5 haze is on point, similar genetics but quite different outcome, being Killer A5 Haze much more rude both in effects and terpenes, while Zamaldelica A5 Haze is more refined, complex and kind for both effects and terpenes.
In my experience, these new super sativa hybrids ar at their best within the 4-6 months curing, after that they start to lose potency and terpenes, and highs mellow quite a lot.