What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R&D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I hope you guys forgive me my sloppy laissez-faire growstyle!
Here is my Honduras x A5Haze plant which was harvested 4 days ago. I gave it just two weeks veg and then put it in flower. As I just have 80cm height it was quite a challenge to grow it and I knew it. My curiousity was just too big to wait longer. Now I have two clones in flower, actually already since first of March.
I will post a smoke report, as always, after a bit of curing. During flower the buds smelled a bit citric, yet mainly stinky. I don't want to offend anyone, especially not @dubi, but it smelled really like a horse stable with some palo santo. I know it has nothing to do with roadkill skunk, but when I smelled the HA5H I thought, "hm maybe that's the stink some folks are talking about". I am really curious how the aroma turns out.

What does the Master @dubi say? It looks Honduras dominant to me.

View media item 18709070
View media item 18709071
View media item 18709069
The clones will receive more love, I promise.
CheersO
hehehehhe no worries @orangina i'm not offended and appreciate your feedback :LOL: Honduras (and hybrids) can deliver really disgusting woody organic smelling plants, going in the opposite direction modern sativa/indica hybrids terpene profiles have been bred for. How are the terps evolving through the curing ? What about the effects ? Your plant looks indeed Honduras dominant in plant and flower structure, although at closer look there's also that unmistakable brownish A5 Haze touch. How are the clones doing ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your 2 Amnesia Haze x Panamas have been grown to perfection @Koondense 👌 and also deserve a mention in this thread. Although i'm not a fan of Amnesia (i prefer Jack Herer and Kali Mist), i knew the outcome of the cross with Panama would be great and of interest of many growers, hence some seeds were produced and released as a test. Excellent commercial potential in the Amnesia Haze x Panama cross as well.

island_organics

Thanks @island_organics for your interest in exploring the Moroccan x Lebanese F1 🥰 Most growers are usually into the most potent hybrids, so i really appreciate you chose this F1 for a spring grow, indeed great genetics for outdoor growing, love the balance of traits from both Moroccan and Lebanese in your plants. And congrats also for your green fingers, taking care so well of them, and for your discipline and constancy bringing the plants in and out every day.

You are going to find different THC/CBD ratios in your plants. Do you have the chance to test your plants at the lab ?
I smoked a lot of good Moroccan and Lebanese hash in the 80’s so i’ve always wanted to grow both varieties and seeing you made a cross using both i had to try it. Very beautiful and vigorous plants with interesting aromas.
I have enough strong herbs and wanted to try some cbd rich plants and make some hash with them. I haven’t sent anything for testing but it would be interesting to see what the different plants contain. All my testing is done through rigorous smoking of big spliffs 😁

I’m harvesting the two earliest plants tomorrow and the others are looking like they’ll go another couple of weeks.

0E7FD252-EC5C-42B3-A768-88E783D379BC.jpeg
D1502FE2-8E7A-4E71-9026-7FF83F4138B1.jpeg
FD7BF464-806F-41D0-9151-C3307F34709D.jpeg
23201a59-4771-4eaa-97e4-23f43dfdddd6-jpeg.18845425

d7a51427-7ee1-4860-9edf-556790f5d23b-jpeg.18845427

Attachments

• 23201A59-4771-4EAA-97E4-23F43DFDDDD6.jpeg
    23201A59-4771-4EAA-97E4-23F43DFDDDD6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 733
  • D7A51427-7EE1-4860-9EDF-556790F5D23B.jpeg
    D7A51427-7EE1-4860-9EDF-556790F5D23B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 753

Cactus Squatter

Looks like Zamaldelica x A5 Haze stole the show :D @Cactus Squatter really nice yield friend :yes: so happy for you! Harvest must be getting to a great curing moment at this point ... What's your opinion on each one ?

Panama A5 Haze also gives me a very peaceful feeling, although it's quite narcotic psychoactivity for me. On the other hand, the lemony phenos of Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama) are really uplifting and energetic.

They’ve cured up very nicely indeed 😃

This Zamaldelica x A5 is very Malawi feeling but with a gentler back end to it. I don’t get a hard knock out crash from it coming down like with the straight Malawi. It’s an awesome late afternoon, forget the day but still get some stuff done around the house and not fall asleep smoke for me. Good, warm energy. It tastes and smells amazing! Like a fruity Malawi/zamaldelica smell with a little incense. Super loud smelling. Open a jar and it definitely turns some heads.

The Panama x A5 is very positive, uplifting and psychedelic. It has a few times done the “sounds become colors” kind of thing and I often see things move out of the corners of my eyes that aren’t there when smoking it. Extremely incensy smelling. Not exactly the “church” incense, but more on the sandalwood side. Modern smokers wouldn’t have the slightest idea I was smoking weed if I hit this around them. It’s very positive and a great wake up hitter for morning walks. It really accentuates the way morning light plays on tree leaves. This particular one does throw a few nanners at the end of flower and occasionally gets a slight touch of bud mold but not bad.

The A5 x Panama is a straight up Stoney, couch locking, put ya to a nap smoke. My hammock weed.

The Neville’s x Panama… this is a weird one for me, at least this second pheno. 😂
Pheno 1 was very positive and uplifting strong energy. Very social. More foxtailed structure
Pheno 2, the one I did indoors and have 3 runs of finished now, is very strong and has lots of energy to it, but with a heavier feel to the high than the other pheno. It really hits my wife hard and is great for ending a stressful work day for her.
I find I have to be in the right frame of mind to smoke this one. If I’m frustrated or pissed about something I’ve found this one kind of amplifies it and makes me kind of a sarcastic asshole. At least according to my wife 😂 A funny sarcastic asshole, but she said if she didn’t know my personality she’d think I was straight up just being prickish.

I have also had an indoor aphid issue the last couple grows I’ve been fighting. They don’t like the zamaldelica x a5 at all and leave it alone, and barely touch the Neville’s x Panama. The Panama x a5 they seem to only go at the leaf tips. The A5 x Panama however takes a beating from it.

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

Well, due to almost every non feminized seed I planted this year for my outdoor run deciding to be male, I replaced them with some more R&D seeds! Yay!!!

I had fusarium hit me last year (figured out that’s what hammered my neighborhood) so I’m running in all new bags and new soil that wasn’t exposed to last year. We also had a huge increase in storm activity and all of my big plants got beaten to death and broken apart repeatedly, so instead of growing monster plants in 30 gallon bags, I’m going to run in smaller bags and go for smaller more easily secured plants. I’ll be using other plants in my garden to help shield them from the high winds I’m expecting.

Purple Zamal x A5 - already 2 weeks old and in its bag loving the sunshine.
Super Congo F1 - germinating
Zamaldelica x A5 - germinating

We’ll see how they like the high temps.
They’ll be running alongside some Pangi, Bangi, Purple Satellite, Honduras and hopefully a mountain gold if I get a female.

island_organics

Well, due to almost every non feminized seed I planted this year for my outdoor run deciding to be male, I replaced them with some more R&D seeds! Yay!!!

I had fusarium hit me last year (figured out that’s what hammered my neighborhood) so I’m running in all new bags and new soil that wasn’t exposed to last year. We also had a huge increase in storm activity and all of my big plants got beaten to death and broken apart repeatedly, so instead of growing monster plants in 30 gallon bags, I’m going to run in smaller bags and go for smaller more easily secured plants. I’ll be using other plants in my garden to help shield them from the high winds I’m expecting.

Purple Zamal x A5 - already 2 weeks old and in its bag loving the sunshine.
Super Congo F1 - germinating
Zamaldelica x A5 - germinating

We’ll see how they like the high temps.
They’ll be running alongside some Pangi, Bangi, Purple Satellite, Honduras and hopefully a mountain gold if I get a female.
I have the same issue here with high winds and storms and also now grow smaller plants. Had a small tornado rip through the garden years ago that took a tree down which half crushed an 8ft Panama in late bloom. That shits not good for the stress levels!

If you run some lacto bacillus serum through the soil that had fusarium it’ll clean it up very effectively.

Also you shouldn’t have any issues with Ace’s genetics and high temperatures outdoors. We get very long hot summers here and the plants don’t skip a beat. Happy growing ✌🏼

Cactus Squatter

I have the same issue here with high winds and storms and also now grow smaller plants. Had a small tornado rip through the garden years ago that took a tree down which half crushed an 8ft Panama in late bloom. That shits not good for the stress levels!

If you run some lacto bacillus serum through the soil that had fusarium it’ll clean it up very effectively.

Also you shouldn’t have any issues with Ace’s genetics and high temperatures outdoors. We get very long hot summers here and the plants don’t skip a beat. Happy growing ✌🏼
Yeah, so far the high temps haven’t been a problem for most of the ACE strains the last few years.

I’ll definitely get a batch of LAB rocking and get after those older pots with it. I use them for chard and beans this year.

Felice

Morning!
See here my 3 Honduras x A5 from Ace's R&D section:

B909B420-3FB9-442C-A69D-BF139E928613.jpeg

They have just finished 6 weeks since flip and are grown from clones and are in tiny pots. Hope the stretch stops now, I'm running out of height for girl N2. When they stop they'll get some bigger pots.

Transition to flower was very slow, the first 4 weeks nothing besides stretching and now they're slowly developing pistils. Funnily the stretchy one (I assume Honduras leaning) has the more articulated "buds" at this point in time.
But I'm new to growing these type of Sativa's indoors, so what do I know.. ;)

E279EB7D-5317-490C-B6A0-6E688C0EBC78.jpeg

Attachments

• 616616AB-DCAA-4F55-A4E6-221C19222BEE.jpeg
    616616AB-DCAA-4F55-A4E6-221C19222BEE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
  • B4B3D2A8-88B4-4436-A143-34DDAAC54956.jpeg
    B4B3D2A8-88B4-4436-A143-34DDAAC54956.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I smoked a lot of good Moroccan and Lebanese hash in the 80’s so i’ve always wanted to grow both varieties and seeing you made a cross using both i had to try it. Very beautiful and vigorous plants with interesting aromas.
I have enough strong herbs and wanted to try some cbd rich plants and make some hash with them. I haven’t sent anything for testing but it would be interesting to see what the different plants contain. All my testing is done through rigorous smoking of big spliffs 😁

I’m harvesting the two earliest plants tomorrow and the others are looking like they’ll go another couple of weeks.

View attachment 18845422 View attachment 18845423 View attachment 18845424
23201a59-4771-4eaa-97e4-23f43dfdddd6-jpeg.18845425

d7a51427-7ee1-4860-9edf-556790f5d23b-jpeg.18845427
Love it @island_organics friend :love: They show mail cola columnar Moroccan structures, but with more yield and resins coming from Lebanese genetics and F1 hybrid vigor. Did you have the chance to give them a try ? What about the results from the lab?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
They’ve cured up very nicely indeed 😃

This Zamaldelica x A5 is very Malawi feeling but with a gentler back end to it. I don’t get a hard knock out crash from it coming down like with the straight Malawi. It’s an awesome late afternoon, forget the day but still get some stuff done around the house and not fall asleep smoke for me. Good, warm energy. It tastes and smells amazing! Like a fruity Malawi/zamaldelica smell with a little incense. Super loud smelling. Open a jar and it definitely turns some heads.

The Panama x A5 is very positive, uplifting and psychedelic. It has a few times done the “sounds become colors” kind of thing and I often see things move out of the corners of my eyes that aren’t there when smoking it. Extremely incensy smelling. Not exactly the “church” incense, but more on the sandalwood side. Modern smokers wouldn’t have the slightest idea I was smoking weed if I hit this around them. It’s very positive and a great wake up hitter for morning walks. It really accentuates the way morning light plays on tree leaves. This particular one does throw a few nanners at the end of flower and occasionally gets a slight touch of bud mold but not bad.

The A5 x Panama is a straight up Stoney, couch locking, put ya to a nap smoke. My hammock weed.

The Neville’s x Panama… this is a weird one for me, at least this second pheno. 😂
Pheno 1 was very positive and uplifting strong energy. Very social. More foxtailed structure
Pheno 2, the one I did indoors and have 3 runs of finished now, is very strong and has lots of energy to it, but with a heavier feel to the high than the other pheno. It really hits my wife hard and is great for ending a stressful work day for her.
I find I have to be in the right frame of mind to smoke this one. If I’m frustrated or pissed about something I’ve found this one kind of amplifies it and makes me kind of a sarcastic asshole. At least according to my wife 😂 A funny sarcastic asshole, but she said if she didn’t know my personality she’d think I was straight up just being prickish.

I have also had an indoor aphid issue the last couple grows I’ve been fighting. They don’t like the zamaldelica x a5 at all and leave it alone, and barely touch the Neville’s x Panama. The Panama x a5 they seem to only go at the leaf tips. The A5 x Panama however takes a beating from it.
Hi @Cactus Squatter loving the positive feedback from you and other growers here on the new Zamaldelica x A5 Haze, loud complex fruity candy incensey terpene profiles from Zamaldelica and A5 Haze, with the Malawi and A5 Haze very strong and long lasting effects, but kinder, more pleasant and up from Zamal A.

I'm surprised because our test comparisons between Panama x A5 Haze and A5 Haze x Panama are quite the opposite than your experience, being the Panama A5 Haze a true killer of heavy incense, and very strong psychedelic effects that turn out very narcotic at the end, more suitable for late afternoons, while the A5 Haze x Panama tended to be more citric Panama dominant, but so so in outcome, potency, terps and character, neither improving Panama or A5 Haze. That's why we only finally released Panama A5 Haze as the superior version of the two.

Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama) is a very strong, loud lemony smoke, good for day time if you have high tolerance and want to be boosted in an overpowering way. Iit's excellent, although it can be too much if overindulged, high lasts at least 3 hours, and despite her strong energy some minds can be easily lost with her.

Glad to know you are currently growing more Zamaldelcia A5 Haze, and the new Super Congo and Purple Zamal x A5 Haze along with newer classics such as Panama x Bangi Haze, Honduras, and Purple Satellite and Mountain Gold from dear @vermontman ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Morning!
See here my 3 Honduras x A5 from Ace's R&D section:

View attachment 18853993

They have just finished 6 weeks since flip and are grown from clones and are in tiny pots. Hope the stretch stops now, I'm running out of height for girl N2. When they stop they'll get some bigger pots.

Transition to flower was very slow, the first 4 weeks nothing besides stretching and now they're slowly developing pistils. Funnily the stretchy one (I assume Honduras leaning) has the more articulated "buds" at this point in time.
But I'm new to growing these type of Sativa's indoors, so what do I know.. ;)

View attachment 18853995

Thanks @Felice for your interest on giving a try to the new Honduras A5 Haze :)
Guess in such small pots they did stop stretching not longer after that, guess they must be heavy on flowers now more than 1 month and half later. How are currently doing ?

Cactus Squatter

Hi @Cactus Squatter loving the positive feedback from you and other growers here on the new Zamaldelica x A5 Haze, loud complex fruity candy incensey terpene profiles from Zamaldelica and A5 Haze, with the Malawi and A5 Haze very strong and long lasting effects, but kinder, more pleasant and up from Zamal A.

I'm surprised because our test comparisons between Panama x A5 Haze and A5 Haze x Panama are quite the opposite than your experience, being the Panama A5 Haze a true killer of heavy incense, and very strong psychedelic effects that turn out very narcotic at the end, more suitable for late afternoons, while the A5 Haze x Panama tended to be more citric Panama dominant, but so so in outcome, potency, terps and character, neither improving Panama or A5 Haze. That's why we only finally released Panama A5 Haze as the superior version of the two.

Super Panama Haze (Nevil's Haze x Panama) is a very strong, loud lemony smoke, good for day time if you have high tolerance and want to be boosted in an overpowering way. Iit's excellent, although it can be too much if overindulged, high lasts at least 3 hours, and despite her strong energy some minds can be easily lost with her.

Glad to know you are currently growing more Zamaldelcia A5 Haze, and the new Super Congo and Purple Zamal x A5 Haze along with newer classics such as Panama x Bangi Haze, Honduras, and Purple Satellite and Mountain Gold from dear @vermontman ;)
I think the A5 x Panama I grew inside just happened to lean heavily towards the Panama red side and may have been an outlier pheno of that cross. It puts everyone into super lazy time.

There have been a few sessions with the Panama x a5 that I can feel the more narcotic side of it come on, but usually we’ve been vaping it at lower temps due to the incredibly uplifting and semi psychedelic feel it brings on. It does the whole “lifted up by my head” kinda thing.

I’m really excited to do another run of them sometime and see what comes out. The terps and bud quality has been great on both, but I definitely agree so far on choosing the Panama x A5 over the opposite cross. It’s a much more unique and exciting smoke to me. So far I haven’t had a tolerance build up with it either.

plant_omnivore

Figured I would add in my two euros for the Honduras x A5 Haze cross in the R&D section. I have always been intrigued by these genetics and liked the Honduras I grew out previously.
Please ignore the colouration, I was unable to feed these plants for a bit.
The flowers are voluminous, even at this early stage and have a very hops like structure to my eye.
The smell when touched is as if someone dug a huge orange carrot out of the ground and then broke it in half and stuck it under your nose.
At about day 60 of flower.

Attachments

• 2023_22_12_Honduras_a5_2.jpeg
    2023_22_12_Honduras_a5_2.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 88
  • 2023_22_12_Honduras_a5_1.jpeg
    2023_22_12_Honduras_a5_1.jpeg
    695.2 KB · Views: 86

Lebanizer

Moroccan x Lebanese. These are about five weeks old and have been getting twenty hours of light each day. Kept outdoors until sunset and then brought inside under a 400w metal halide. I topped them once to give four main branches. They were re-potted four days ago and have been left outdoors since then. Day length here is just over twelve and a half hours, so short enough to trigger flowering although starting on Monday they’ll be brought into a dark shed each night for twelve hours to bloom properly.
View attachment 18825887
Well well well... What do I see here ? A nice chunk of Trichocereus Bridgesii ! Trippin' ballz dudeness :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

El Timbo

Are you smoking them individually or mixed? I was thinking that traditional hash is usually a mix of lots of plants.