What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R&D

Cactus Squatter

So final weights of everything from this R&D run.

Zamaldelica x A5 16.1oz
flowered 14 weeks

Panama x A5 6.6oz
flowered 13 weeks.

Neville’s x Panama 3oz
flowered 11.5ish weeks.

A5 x Panama 3.2oz
flowered 13 weeks.

28.9oz total in a 4x4 tent, dual 315CMH and organic soil not including the little bit of larf that went into the hash pile. I think the only reason the Neville’s x Panama and the A5 x Panama didn’t yield more is the Zam x A5 grew like a mofo and dominated the tent like a giant psychopathic octopus. It was everywhere and wrapped around everything to try and contain it.

My entire house wreaks of a fruity Malawi kind of smell from having this Zam x A5 hanging up. 😂 she was a monster but thankfully fairly easy to trim.

goingrey

So final weights of everything from this R&D run.

Zamaldelica x A5 16.1oz
flowered 14 weeks

Panama x A5 6.6oz
flowered 13 weeks.

Neville’s x Panama 3oz
flowered 11.5ish weeks.

A5 x Panama 3.2oz
flowered 13 weeks.

28.9oz total in a 4x4 tent, dual 315CMH and organic soil not including the little bit of larf that went into the hash pile. I think the only reason the Neville’s x Panama and the A5 x Panama didn’t yield more is the Zam x A5 grew like a mofo and dominated the tent like a giant psychopathic octopus. It was everywhere and wrapped around everything to try and contain it.

My entire house wreaks of a fruity Malawi kind of smell from having this Zam x A5 hanging up. 😂 she was a monster but thankfully fairly easy to trim.
Congrats, that's a great yield from two 315's.

Koondense

Veteran
Amnesia x Panama
PanAm_earlyflow.jpg

PanAm2_earlyflow.jpg

They're a bit different, the stigma structure + density and resin type seem to differ but not by much.
Delightful sharp citrus from #2 which is my favorite so far. The #1 feels less intense, maybe a bit more woody. I did not yet examine them enough, was at spannabis and left the plants a bit alone... during the weekend they'll get some easy pruning and final adjusting before the rest of flowering.

Cheers

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Amnesia x Panama, resin monsters
PanAm_midflow_resinmonster.jpg

PanAm2_midflow_beast.jpg

They smell similar, the top one seems to be more Amnesia by the looks(?), smells of intense lemon cheescake. The second one is a bit sharper, like Limoncello with lime.
I hope the clones survive or I'll have to pop more seeds, definitely keeper plants.

Cheers

Last edited:

island_organics

Moroccan x Lebanese. These are about five weeks old and have been getting twenty hours of light each day. Kept outdoors until sunset and then brought inside under a 400w metal halide. I topped them once to give four main branches. They were re-potted four days ago and have been left outdoors since then. Day length here is just over twelve and a half hours, so short enough to trigger flowering although starting on Monday they’ll be brought into a dark shed each night for twelve hours to bloom properly.
49A9D04D-06EB-4B69-A8BD-1E6E751BAC81.jpeg
901FB0A5-7540-48DE-8719-D9C5BF15017F.jpeg
3A44985C-2201-49B1-B48C-6F0EAF3D15F8.jpeg
258E66F8-38CA-41C3-9DB6-6F14B5D56A75.jpeg
72FA67E3-29AF-4E46-8A1F-ED36B5825722.jpeg
010D9100-0CDB-48CF-92FD-6CFD57620D7E.jpeg
68162D16-85D6-4D8C-8D6E-B18402A11494.jpeg

revegeta666

Moroccan x Lebanese. These are about five weeks old and have been getting twenty hours of light each day. Kept outdoors until sunset and then brought inside under a 400w metal halide. I topped them once to give four main branches. They were re-potted four days ago and have been left outdoors since then. Day length here is just over twelve and a half hours, so short enough to trigger flowering although starting on Monday they’ll be brought into a dark shed each night for twelve hours to bloom properly.
View attachment 18825887 View attachment 18825888 View attachment 18825889 View attachment 18825890 View attachment 18825891 View attachment 18825892 View attachment 18825893
Lovely little hashplants :canabis: I don't think you need to bring them inside so soon, you should be able to leave them outside until late april - early may without issues no? The difference from 20 to 12 is so exrteme that they should take a long time to start caring about the lengthening days. Or did you have flowering issues with this in previous years?

These are my own hashplants by the way (Maple Leaf x ace's Lebanese). They are quite lanky and scraggly like their dads. Coincidentally last night I took away the light they had to prevent them from flowering so this is day 1 I guess.
IMG_20230401_121010.jpg

Edit - I just realised this is the R/D thread and not the ace crosses thread. 🧐 Sorry about that.

Last edited:

island_organics

Lovely little hashplants :canabis: I don't think you need to bring them inside so soon, you should be able to leave them outside until late april - early may without issues no? The difference from 20 to 12 is so exrteme that they should take a long time to start caring about the lengthening days. Or did you have flowering issues with this in previous years?

These are my own hashplants by the way (Maple Leaf x ace's Lebanese). They are quite lanky and scraggly like their dads. Coincidentally last night I took away the light they had to prevent them from flowering so this is day 1 I guess.
View attachment 18825896

Edit - I just realised this is the R/D thread and not the ace crosses thread. 🧐 Sorry about that.
You’re probably right, i was thinking about how long i could leave them out to save on some legwork but i want them done by the end of May ish so there’s a clear deck for the full season plants. I might leave one or two out to see how they perform under the increasing day length.

Cactus Squatter

View attachment 18825896

Pretty sure we’re all baked enough most of the time to not notice or care 😘
Lovely plants!

orangina

Veteran
I hope you guys forgive me my sloppy laissez-faire growstyle!
Here is my Honduras x A5Haze plant which was harvested 4 days ago. I gave it just two weeks veg and then put it in flower. As I just have 80cm height it was quite a challenge to grow it and I knew it. My curiousity was just too big to wait longer. Now I have two clones in flower, actually already since first of March.
I will post a smoke report, as always, after a bit of curing. During flower the buds smelled a bit citric, yet mainly stinky. I don't want to offend anyone, especially not @dubi, but it smelled really like a horse stable with some palo santo. I know it has nothing to do with roadkill skunk, but when I smelled the HA5H I thought, "hm maybe that's the stink some folks are talking about". I am really curious how the aroma turns out.

What does the Master @dubi say? It looks Honduras dominant to me.

View media item 18709070
View media item 18709071
View media item 18709069
The clones will receive more love, I promise.
CheersO

Last edited:

goingrey

Here is my Honduras x A5Haze plant which was harvested 4 days ago. I gave it just two weeks veg and then put it in flower. As I just have 80cm height it was quite a challenge to grow it and I knew it. My curiousity was just too big to wait longer. Now I have two clones in flower, actually already since first of March.
I will post a smoke report, as always, after a bit of curing. During flower the buds smelled a bit citric, yet mainly stinky. I don't want to offend anyone, especially not @dubi, but it smelled really like a horse stable with some palo santo. I know it has nothing to do with roadkill skunk, but when I smelled the HA5H I thought, "hm maybe that's the stink some folks are talking about". I am really curious how the aroma turns out.

View media item 18709070
View media item 18709071
View media item 18709069
CheersO
Very nice! Is that 96 days from flip or pistils (or seed)?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽

View media item 18709070
View media item 18709071
View media item 18709069
CheersO

Nice plant and interesting terp profile!

I just had to stop in and say, that is not even remotely close to what ppl are referring to when speaking on "RKS" or just Skunk as I say and know it in Kentucky... That would be more along the lines of garlic, onion, burnt rubber, wet dog and coffee all wrapped up in animal musk with a nose burning nauseous punch.

Latest posts

Latest posts