What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Improvising into 2022 - with Koon

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Roadkill, sorry for late response :)

POGxHK harvested
POGxHK_harvest.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks like i missed the action in this thread this year ;) Pleased to catch up @Koondense friend!
The 2 Amnesia x Panama look great as expected :D How are their scents now they are ripening ?
How was the outcome of the Green Haze x Bangi Haze ? Did you like it enough ? Curious also about this one!

Hope you are having a great spring time!

Koondense

Veteran
Welcome back @dubi :)
This thread is not as continuous as I would like, but I'll try my best to keep it active..

Next seeds ...
- A cross of OaxacaPanama fem and AmnesiaOG male by Karma. Got two seedlings, just in case
- Zamaldelica Auto 2x, one of two just popped after 2 days, their fate is still not fixed, maybe they'll both go outdoors, or just one...or none... we'll see.
- SuperMalawiHaze, will pop 2 seeds in a month or maybe sooner...

The Amnesia x Panamas are very tasty, different phenos but similar smelling. The early vaping samples give a long lasting effect, a bit thick and comfortable like lying on a big sofa. It's got a lot of Panama dreamy effect also, mildly psychedelic and the dissociative side from Amnesia. A very good evening herb. The room smells of incense when you go out and come back, if you stay in you don't notice it much.
But that's just early vaping of two buds in the lower canopy :) Gotta save some tops for summer nights.

Green Haze x Bangi Haze was far from being grown properly but I liked the effects and aromas. The bud structure was quite airy but still had some weight. She smelled spicy, had some garlic inside along with some tumeric or curry paste, mixed with the hash and incense side. An interesting combo of smells, not very reminiscent of cannabis actually.
The effect was at first speedy, active and thought provoking, later it became calmer and more meditative/aware. Zero heaviness, seems to be high ceiling which is as expected.
The plant was stretchy and vigorous so next time will need some more planning and canopy management.

From this and last year varieties I'm probably most fond of Golden Tiger and will grow the last seed I have in autumn probably. But first SuperMalawiHaze, waiting in line for quite some time.

*that OutbackHaze x KC also keeps popping in my mind a lot, maybe too much ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Every time I start thinking about which seeds to pop, I get this rush like ... gotta pop them all, yolo :)
So here it goes...

Ace
Super Malawi Haze Fem
Outback Haze x Kali China Fem
Erdpurt Fem

Others
LimeMadness x BlackLime#2 Fem
Haze Special(KC Brains) Reg
Rishi Kush(Mandala) Reg

These plants don't have a fixed fate, I will keep them in veg until I see how things will go during the season. The Erdpurt is 75% destined to go outdoors.
Assuming they all sprout and grow healthy, not the case with Zamaldelica AFs, both seeds popped but failed to survive some bacterium infection. So the Erdpurt is the substitute plant.

Hoping for a mild summer with not extreme heat and some rains :)
ElNino will maybe help...

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Just for piece of mind I added three single seeds to soak...
New Caledonia, Sheelawathi and OriginalHaze x SilverBud.
All regulars.

Why the yolo attitude?
A friend passed away last week, I had in mind to give him a plant for this season. Gave him many seeds in the last 10 years, he was an outdoor guerrilla grower, a very kind and free spirit. In his honor I hope to grow a female New Caledonia or(and) Sheelawathi plant outdoors in the area he usually did.
See you on the other side my friend.

Cheers

OZZ_

Veteran
Just for piece of mind I added three single seeds to soak...
New Caledonia, Sheelawathi and OriginalHaze x SilverBud.
All regulars.

Why the yolo attitude?
A friend passed away last week, I had in mind to give him a plant for this season. Gave him many seeds in the last 10 years, he was an outdoor guerrilla grower, a very kind and free spirit. In his honor I hope to grow a female New Caledonia or(and) Sheelawathi plant outdoors in the area he usually did.
See you on the other side my friend.

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your friend Koon! What a great way to celebrate him.

Best of vibes sent your way 🤙🤙🤙

Koondense

Veteran
Summer update,
some seedlings made it, some didn't.
Erdpurt is gone, SuperMalawiHaze also but I'm soaking another seed right now.
The NewCaledonia looks interesting, waiting for showing some maturity, I have a feeling it's a male but not sure yet.
Rishi Kush(2x) and Haze Special are females :)
OutbackHazexKC is very nice, feels a well balanced hybrid in veg.
Sheelawathi had some mutations in seedling stage, the stem split very early and made it look like it was fasciated but it's growing ok now. Not mature yet but I sense it's a she.

Sheelawathi
Sheelawathi_veg.jpg

KC Brains Haze Special
HazeSpecial_veg.jpg

Cheers

sublingual

some seedlings made it, some didn't.
Erdpurt is gone, SuperMalawiHaze also but I'm soaking another seed right now.
How?
Seed propagation is usually controllable, I mean, everything is right there in a small space in which to work.
Peroxide is a great cleaner for seed starting. From soaking the seed to leaching the media it can help control pathogens.

Koondense

Veteran
It happens all the time, not all seeds are always viable and some went through a lot to come in my hands.
Also I don't store them in a fridge so there are quite a chance they don't make it.
Anyway...
Here are some other confirmed ladies

OutbackHaze x KaliChina fem
OutBackHazeKC_Veg.jpg

NewCaledonia reg, looks female and crazy :)
NewCaledoniaVeg.jpg

and one of the two Rishi Kush ladies
RishiKush.jpg

It's crazy hot and will stay like this for some more weeks.
Stay cool and take care.

Cheers

sublingual

Seeds and the plants that produce them are amazing. I have always loved to grow from seeds whether chiles, basil, or cherimoyas. You can't do that anymore with grocery items. Habanero peppers in the produce will not reproduce themselves, I tried, and they grew a bell pepper.
Anyway, if you want to hear my theory of propagation: preservation more involves growing and pollination than storage. Sure, storage and retrieval are important, but, good growing skills and reproductions are prior to that step.

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you @dubi
Yes they are all females, both NC and Sheelawathi look interesting in a different way. If I would not know what genetics they were, I would think Sheelawathi looks like Thai and NewCaledonia ... well she looks like very exotic stuff from a pacific island :)
Awaiting the flowering and explore their growth.
Happier times ahead

Cheers

early_hominid

Lovely plants and thread @Koondense . What is your opinion of the Rishi Kush now that you have harvested it? I am just a couple week away from harvesting 7 RK females and I can't find much information about them

Latest posts

Latest posts