What's new

R&D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about this outdoor season grow @Cactus Squatter It would important to identify the type and source of the fungus to avoid similar problems in future outdoor grows.

Anyway, super happy and excited to hear you are starting as we speak such good new sativa hybrids for your upcoming indoor grow. Just finished a test for Nevil's Haze x Panama and A5 Haze x Panama and i like a lot the results!

Cactus Squatter

Sorry to hear about this outdoor season grow @Cactus Squatter It would important to identify the type and source of the fungus to avoid similar problems in future outdoor grows.

Anyway, super happy and excited to hear you are starting as we speak such good new sativa hybrids for your upcoming indoor grow. Just finished a test for Nevil's Haze x Panama and A5 Haze x Panama and i like a lot the results!
I trashed several fabric pots worth of soil from the outdoor. I lost so many pepper and tomato plants to it it was crazy. My neighbors lost their whole garden to it also. Not sure if it’s from the same thing but we’ve started noticing trees around the hood dying off branch by branch just like my plants did.

I honestly don’t know if I’m going to do an outdoor next year now. We had so many dust storms this summer that half my flower weight would have been dirt, then this fungus plus the dude I caught looking over my back wall that got to meet my dog the wrong way.
As we speak a walk of dust is blowing through, while sky is browned out and maybe 50ft visibility.

I ended up buying a new 5x5 tent for indoors and already have some Kali China, China Yunnan, a zamaldelica x KaliChina, and a Persian Prince from Khalifa vegging and about a week or so away from getting flipped. I won’t be able to grow the monsters I can outside, but I can make sure it stays completely clean.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Cactus,
Sad to hear it, sounds like it's a bad environment for OD ganja, I hope you manage to bring them to a great finish indoors. My advice would be to have some air filtration for the tent, I always put some fleece/synthetic wool over the inlet duct, if you can afford HEPA in the room it would be another step further in preventing fungus to come near your plants.
Clean air is a must in a harsh environment like yours.
Wishing you and your plants all the best!
Cheers

Cactus Squatter

Hey Cactus,
Sad to hear it, sounds like it's a bad environment for OD ganja, I hope you manage to bring them to a great finish indoors. My advice would be to have some air filtration for the tent, I always put some fleece/synthetic wool over the inlet duct, if you can afford HEPA in the room it would be another step further in preventing fungus to come near your plants.
Clean air is a must in a harsh environment like yours.
Wishing you and your plants all the best!
Cheers
I currently run a hepa filter in the room as well as intake covers on my ducts.
Outdoors here is usually fine, last years run was insane. I had almost 8lbs of killer a5 haze plus a bunch of other great stuff. This year was just a combination of insane weather and the weird wilt/mold thing. Win some, lose some.
I’ll probably still run a couple plants outdoors next year.

power puff

Indeed Nevs x panama and A5 x panama are both top notch, both very different cats though.
Let it cure for at least three months and it is way stronger than fresh.

Cactus Squatter

Indeed Nevs x panama and A5 x panama are both top notch, both very different cats though.
Let it cure for at least three months and it is way stronger than fresh.
Definitely. I let all my sats go to 3 months now before I sample them and I usually don’t really get into them until 5-6 months. My Panama x Bangi haze was only so-so until around 5-6 months and then all of a sudden it became one of my favorite smokes. Such a night and day difference in it after a good cure.

Cactus Squatter

wow the smell on the zamaldelica x A5…
I flipped to 12/12 on the 22nd of Nov and she’s already bonkers smelling. The awesome mango carrot zamal smell plus just a heavy funky weed smell. There’s barely even a few pre flowers on her…
I can’t wait to see these girls flowering indoors when they really get going.

Cactus Squatter

We’re almost to 4 weeks since 12/12 flip.
The Panama x A5 and the A5 x Panama are a little ahead of the others, with the Neville’s x Panama just a little behind them. The Zamaldelica x A5 is still barely just getting past preflowers stage. Glad I stuck the Zam in a back corner of the tent so it can sit happy till ready.

The A5 crosses show a really funny pistil growth shape to me. Very stubby, rounded tips. Both of these as well as the A5 x Panama and Panama x A5 I ran outside this year showed this same stubby pistil structure.

I also sampled a little of the Neville’s x Panama from my outdoor grow. Very gentle, a little floaty feeling and very relaxing without being foggy at all.

A5 x Panama
3929F7EA-BA4B-4E09-89BE-AC8FF34A7BC3.jpeg

Panama x A5
8FA1885A-BAA4-4BEE-86D4-C2D75EF749EE.jpeg

goingrey

We’re almost to 4 weeks since 12/12 flip.
The Panama x A5 and the A5 x Panama are a little ahead of the others, with the Neville’s x Panama just a little behind them. The Zamaldelica x A5 is still barely just getting past preflowers stage. Glad I stuck the Zam in a back corner of the tent so it can sit happy till ready.

The A5 crosses show a really funny pistil growth shape to me. Very stubby, rounded tips. Both of these as well as the A5 x Panama and Panama x A5 I ran outside this year showed this same stubby pistil structure.

I also sampled a little of the Neville’s x Panama from my outdoor grow. Very gentle, a little floaty feeling and very relaxing without being foggy at all.

A5 x Panama
View attachment 18793536

Panama x A5
View attachment 18793537
Really unique pistils yeah, look like some kind of corals.

goingrey

When I think Panama pistils I think something like this beauty from @island_organics

Breadwizard

Unrelated line, but I saw those fat stubby pistils on a BSHW line as well, only time I've seen it quite like that before. I wonder what side it comes from.

Cactus Squatter

I was referring to the "coral pistils", like the one I posted and @Cactus Squatter shows in his R+D crosses.
What he’s saying is the photo you posted doesn’t look like the pistils on my plant. Your photo shows pointed tips on them. The pistil tips we’re talking about on my plant are very rounded at the tips, and in some cases have a bunch of smaller fuzz points coming off of them.
When you look at mine, especially in person they’re straight up blunt at the end with zero taper to them.