What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran
”real haze lovers judge herb according to the effect”………
now we getting somewhere……what been saying about many ….like the original BSHW….
ganj on……
Sup Unc

Great to see you posting

Agreed senor Nectar

But my generation can not distinguish Thai from Colombian by taste because we have not experienced the Imports of yesteryear

Considering you post and are No doubt one of the Very very very few ( maybe one hand or 2 on the entire Net ) posting on the Net who has experienced the Santa Cruz Original Haze and tended crops

What is your thoughts on your Genetics Origins ?

Can you briefly share your experiences From Santa Cruz to the Original Haze strains today available that you have Grown ,( example I know you’ve Grown Ace purple Haze ) which Is Colombian dominant vs Thai dominant

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

harvestreaper

Veteran
I’m also growing out Madmac Original Haze Repro from proseeds , I believe the first Repro

I love this look here , it’s interesting how the lower buds Fill in compared to tops it seems common

Which Haze line do you think this pheno is?

Considering your experience with both THH and the other varieties , I’m curious your thoughts on Growth comparison?

We All have discussed the Effects & taste/ Aromas of THH vs other Original Haze lines

I’m curious to know your opinion
( & all others ) and others what is the difference in growth ?

We should be clear There is No versus , it’s just comparing if Thai & Colombian traits are present … But we should have a better understanding of what The true lineages are of our building blocks such as Haze

I’ve seen some pics of plants referred to as old Thai stick types , foxtail type flower on shorter more compact Plants

What does Thai bring to Haze that makes it stand out ( Soo apparent) to the Nevils haze hybrid lovers that see Thai and the others who swear Thai is present in other Haze lines ?

1luvbigherb
good to hear you going through a few of those to bigherb let us know how you get on ,no vs here never was ,,,the difference in the haze lines growth ?/ todds and toms faster veg growth shorter wider leaves more resin broader base growth reminiscent of indica genes but still very different to each other,, the mac repro showed how i always remembered hazes and typical sativas and was also like the seedsman generally speaking super typical sativa types etc,, flo times seem similar across the board i have very little experience of thh i had one pack of f2s from macs repro , i had 3 phenos all nice i wanted to run all 3 few more times but due to security issues lost all but the one im posting thh f2 6 which was the most "thai" pheno mango type longest flowering lowest yeilding i have 6 of her running as we speak and one outside and ill decide what i think of her when i done with those i bred all 3 to my mango laos male and to a mm oh male ,,the plant im currently posting is from the todds 3 pheno i posted on here a lot , the typical "columbian" end of spectrum according to others , she throws her good qualities to her grandchildren in other crosses ,,i have 3 of that cross in flo all different all showing a clear structure of the mm repro male but the one i posting shows her mum in bud structure to ,,other 2 are weeks behind ,,,,the whole bottom up ripening seems common with sativas indoors it was hempy who pointed it out to me and i make him right ,,.,
20231012_091348.jpg

todds pheno 3
20231012_091250.jpg

macs x todds 2
20231012_091259.jpg

mac x todds 7
20231012_091309.jpg

mac x todds 18
20231012_091334.jpg

thh f2 6

kokomarin

20231016_173909.jpg

20231013_154752.jpg

Othxohxoh90 vs nl5hybrid
Cuts vs seedplants
20231014_141239.jpg

Madmacs two smoh repro,and the best plant is again johnny chicago othxoh with pure tropical genepool what I run.whole genepool is late and slow flowering,but high from well finished buds is what I like.
20231016_174016.jpg

Autoxoh,15weeks in flowering mode

bigherb

Veteran
Harvestreaper

Your opinion and you sharing your experiences is greatly appreciated . Beautiful pics you’ve been posting , the difference in phenos and similarities to others are interesting .

I understand it’s all personal preference and variety is the spice of life , Haze is that special spice

I don’t believe a Haze line that flowers quicker in general to be the Best / purest Source

1luvbigherb

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well unkle @Sam_Skunkman
this is the result of an cross between a selected Iranian semi-auto with my best OHz female reversed...
results are like you told me... even better...
the OHz gives such vigour... never seen before :)
ok good landrace will also do this... but with the haze female i'll know the potency & high...
my goal is still to make a sativa dom that finish end september till mid october and has this full uplifting long duration high... sprouted on may first ... and begin june outdoors... first started flowering mid august ... latest begin september... never mind they getting so huge... i'lll mean nearly all made the 4 meter mark... because the iranian was just 1 meter outdoors... it's fascinating to see what OHz does to those... IA had also fungus issues in late flowering... the cross has no issues @ all... outperformed all commercial strains i've grown side by side... do i'll love the outcome... :) outdoors is where you can see what those genetics can do...
they made it through storm and rain...

Iranian Auto x OHzS1 (reversed female)
IMG_6132.jpeg
IMG_6229.jpeg

the only one who looked like the mother... 1 meter and sativa dom...
IMG_7518.jpeg

harvest day
IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg
IMG_7770.jpeg

right side AK47 ... not good for outdoors compared...
IMG_7795.jpeg

love those 4 meter bangers... and such nice budding too... yield is crazy... took me 3 hours to harvest...
IMG_7812.jpeg
IMG_7814.jpeg
IMG_7805.jpeg

plan is now if the high is there and consistent ... to select the first flowering girls in winter and do S1 ...
many many thx for all those breeding lessons...
it all worked out as you predicted... :)
get hazed'
M.:smoker:

EnjoyingLife

Smokes like magic.

Not racy, not paranoid...but High energy. Puts me in a mental head space that enhances colors, sounds, and ideas. 2.5hrs easy...4hr top on the high. The high stacks ina great way without making me too loopy.

Spice, pepper, and savory notes.

Shit is what I needed.

On to this African Silk, Midnight Buzzsaw
Malawi Gold ..and Malawi from Ace.
Who is African silk from?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
hello,
well unkle @Sam_Skunkman
this is the result of an cross between a selected Iranian semi-auto with my best OHz female reversed...
results are like you told me... even better...
the OHz gives such vigour... never seen before :)
ok good landrace will also do this... but with the haze female i'll know the potency & high...
my goal is still to make a sativa dom that finish end september till mid october and has this full uplifting long duration high... sprouted on may first ... and begin june outdoors... first started flowering mid august ... latest begin september... never mind they getting so huge... i'lll mean nearly all made the 4 meter mark... because the iranian was just 1 meter outdoors... it's fascinating to see what OHz does to those... IA had also fungus issues in late flowering... the cross has no issues @ all... outperformed all commercial strains i've grown side by side... do i'll love the outcome... :) outdoors is where you can see what those genetics can do...
they made it through storm and rain...

Iranian Auto x OHzS1 (reversed female)
View attachment 18906099 View attachment 18906100

the only one who looked like the mother... 1 meter and sativa dom...
View attachment 18906101

harvest day
View attachment 18906093
View attachment 18906091 View attachment 18906092

right side AK47 ... not good for outdoors compared...
View attachment 18906094

love those 4 meter bangers... and such nice budding too... yield is crazy... took me 3 hours to harvest...
View attachment 18906096 View attachment 18906097 View attachment 18906098

plan is now if the high is there and consistent ... to select the first flowering girls in winter and do S1 ...
many many thx for all those breeding lessons...
it all worked out as you predicted... :)
get hazed'
M.:smoker:
I see you are keeping busy if you make and then find an elite version of the new hybrid and grab the best elite female clone for others to use for production you will do your self proud and help many others enjoy a great creation, glad you love O Haze as much as I do. -SamS