What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Dime

Pure single source hemp

Attachments

• th-2743967086.jpg
    th-2743967086.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 57

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
How about you jusy grow Sam's haze skunk: 0 skunk 0 haze. Becuase I have. He gave out a wack of freebies. By no means are they shitty. Just the name should be changed

Then grow jack herer or nl haze. Some if not most phenos smell like 100% haze. If not enhanced by hybridization.

proof is in the plants. Not folklore lol

mm
I grew sam's haze x skunk, and I bred with it too...Very hazey, and very skunky..Full on haze leaves and skunk sawteeth, and the daughters ranged from incense and church to roadkill and flowers, one of those daughters still gets kept around these parts as "roadkill haze" and the father was a skunk haze and mother a simply irresistable from chi, sweet skunk (probably a nlhaze cross) crossed with piff s1 (probably nlhaze) and its all skunk and all haze in these huge 2L soda bottle buds that you can smell far away walking up to her. Full on church, armpits, dead animal and flowers...that haze skunk mixed/outcrossed very well with other haze hybrid lines, and with skunk lines. Jack herer and NL haze trace back to haze A and C males and anything they touched was gold, and they bring all the haze terps combinations to the table, so not really a good compare of yours. Sams haze x skunk comes from a completely different generation of haze seed, but still the haze was strong in them. I grew some jack crosses and NLhaze crosses that run I tested the haze skunk and the haze was strong in all of them, but most in the NLhaze and skunk hazes. Proof in the plants as you say.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Grow original haze and then grow any haze with northern lights added. You can 100% taste what nl did to haze. So using any nl x haze or similar to discuss pure haze is kinda bullshit.
100%..Though I like what the NL added! Gimme that bugglegummy musky sweet addition to the sweet limes, or church incense or that metal shop or leather shop, or wet dog terps, all I get from haze, all having the presence in the room when lit..I love the way NL rounds that off and adds that complexity and mouth feel to the haze.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100%..Though I like what the NL added! Gimme that bugglegummy musky sweet addition to the sweet limes, or church incense or that metal shop or leather shop, or wet dog terps, all I get from haze, all having the presence in the room when lit..I love the way NL rounds that off and adds that complexity and mouth feel to the haze.
The only way to know it....is grow it 😀

mm

Dirt Life

Veteran
IMHO.. there is nothing wrong in loving Nev Haze... quite the contrary.. haze hybrids are some of the best smoke available in seedform today, whether it be well established breeders to the hobbyist who loves haze hybrids and shares their work.. but, you can not compare un-hybridized haze to crosses... and I'm talking Nevil Tom hill posi seedsman flying dutch to SamS... haze is haze and everything else is hybrids.. but all can be great.

Last edited:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Had a little setback between weeks 9 & 10.. I left my light on 24/0 lighting for 6 days...

With that said, no herm tendencies @ all... no sacks, no bananas, no pods. There was no re-vegging either which surprised me. I screwed up, and they got through it pretty good, although it seems plant 2 has some problems with some of her fan leaves.. the variegated parts of the leaves started to dry up, get crispy. It happen after my fuck up, seems to not have gotten much worse this last week.

Anyways, back to the plants... Todd's Original Haze @ 11 weeks...

Plant 1 -

full

full

full

full

Plant 2 -

full

full

full

full

full

Dirt Life

Veteran
My Todd's haze are now beginning week 13, and plant 1 I've noticed has started to develop a more stinky aroma. When I move the plant, which disturbs them, I get a very hazy skunky stink. She still has tropical type fruit aromas, along with the woody, earthy haze, but, she definitely has a stink with it now. She doesn't permeate it, but, rub the buds, and its there, no question.

Plant number 2 still smells exactly like artificial fruit mix and still reminds me of old Flintstones vitamins.. I'm still in the middle of watering my plants, so I only have pics of plant 2 right now. Ill post the updated pics of plant 1 in the next few hours.

@harvestreaper, I'm loving your Todd's x's! They all look very hazy! :canabis:

AG Haze (Todd) - Plant 2 @ 13 weeks...

full

full

full

full

full

And on a side note, I just recently went through hempy's closed haze thread, and read that RCC did the selection in Todd's haze, which I forgot about... found that interesting