What's new

Quantum Boards

Koondense

Veteran
Kelvins are for approximations, nanometers are for specific wavelengths and analysys.

Cheers

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Admittedly I know next to nothing about QB. But Monday I ordered an HLG 550 V2 and it arrived yesterday. Just wanted to let anyone considering this light know that you can get it through the month of October (while supplies last) for 25% off. The sale price was what had me choose this light over going the route of another COB panel.

First impression was to be impressed with how thin the profile is. Yet not so wild about how exposed everything is compared to the sealed build of my PLC panel. And yes, I am impressed with the amount of light it throws - blindingly bright!

Extremely pleased with the service/communications through LED Grow Lights Depot. I placed my order the first day of the sale in the early morning hours. 20% off is automatically applied at checkout. Placing the order put me on their mailing list. Later in the day I received an email announcing the sale and also saying you could enter a code at checkout and take an extra 5% off. I made contact and asked if too late to apply to my order... "nope, no problem, let me take care of that for you"... excellent service all around.

Cannot wait to see if the claims of matching a SE 1000w HPS are true!

Robney

Admittedly I know next to nothing about QB. But Monday I ordered an HLG 550 V2 and it arrived yesterday. Just wanted to let anyone considering this light know that you can get it through the month of October (while supplies last) for 25% off. The sale price was what had me choose this light over going the route of another COB panel.

First impression was to be impressed with how thin the profile is. Yet not so wild about how exposed everything is compared to the sealed build of my PLC panel. And yes, I am impressed with the amount of light it throws - blindingly bright!

Extremely pleased with the service/communications through LED Grow Lights Depot. I placed my order the first day of the sale in the early morning hours. 20% off is automatically applied at checkout. Placing the order put me on their mailing list. Later in the day I received an email announcing the sale and also saying you could enter a code at checkout and take an extra 5% off. I made contact and asked if too late to apply to my order... "nope, no problem, let me take care of that for you"... excellent service all around.

Damn that's awesome about the sale and the excellent service! I'd believe their claims, the lights are really good.

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
I just added another 600w to bring the total to 3100w over a 4x16 area...hoping to get the temps up to 80 this winter.

iBogart

Veteran

I had my reservations about the exposed nature of the 550 build, but I heard they got a new waterproof 550 v2 coming soon, hence the sale most likely.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Damn that's awesome about the sale and the excellent service! I'd believe their claims, the lights are really good.

What I’ve seen so far from others leads me to believe you’re right! Yes, customer service is very important and lacking nowadays in so many service oriented fields, sadly.

I had my reservations about the exposed nature of the 550 build, but I heard they got a new waterproof 550 v2 coming soon, hence the sale most likely.

I was back and forth between this light and waiting for the PLC-6.3. So had been reading other forums and whatnot. Apparently the 20% sale is offered every so often. Not a new thing. But seeing it go on sale and realizing I will need a new light before mid November, when the 6.3 is to be released, made it a no question buy.

I do have reservations about the open build as well, but then it’s not really any different from the majority of DIY builds I have seen. And don’t remember now where I read it, but someone else mentioned it and one of the replies was to say something along the lines of ‘as long as you don’t water your plants from above your lights there should be no problem.’ ;)

But in comparison my PLC-420 is more of a tank. :biglaugh:

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image I just added another 600w to bring the total to 3100w over a 4x16 area...hoping to get the temps up to 80 this winter.

Impressive room knuckles! Those girls are obviously happy. Look at them pray to the light! Lovely stuff. Looking forward to the show!

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
picture.php

120W one, pretty cheap with Sink & Driver around 100€
( Don't worry, it hangs lower then on the picture :) )

So i thought about putting 4 of these 120W ones into 1m² space each, any thoughts? over or underpowered on 1m²?

Goats

View Image

120W one, pretty cheap with Sink & Driver around 100€
( Don't worry, it hangs lower then on the picture :) )

So i thought about putting 4 of these 120W ones into 1m² space each, any thoughts? over or underpowered on 1m²?

rewriting this as i misread what you wrote.

do you plan to use them to veg and flower? for veg you would probably be just fine with 1 of those in a 1m² area, but for flower that's only 13w/sq ft. i would suggest 2 of them for that space for flower.

Last edited:

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
rewriting this as i misread what you wrote.

do you plan to use them to veg and flower? for veg you would probably be just fine with 1 of those in a 1m² area, but for flower that's only 13w/sq ft. i would suggest 2 of them for that space for flower.

you was roght with what you said! :)

1 of those for veg ( 80x80cm ) and 4 of em for bloom ( 1m² ) :)

REALPOTency

Veteran
Hi,
this is my first flower with QB
80x80 with 480w + 50w old school gd+osram
the only can tell you is pure fucking efficiency,
the light distribution is perfect,
the heat is alot less than cob cree,
in the 80x80 with cob cree only can put to 360w and is 7-10°c more,

i put in the 20days a extra 50w old school led panel gd+ osram, more than light for some extra heat degrees, here is spring but cold now,

my last 8 years i grow with only led and recommend qb is the best now,
led Samsung midpower LM now is the the best choice, no more word,

OZZ_

Veteran
Thinking about getting a HLG 550 V2 to replace my hps setup but keep hearing after 2-3 years there’s a 50% degregation in light? Is this true? Pretty pricey even at the $875 sale price if so. Never used an led before so I’m nit sure if this is factual or not??

Koondense

Veteran
...but keep hearing after 2-3 years there’s a 50% degregation in light? Is this true?...I’m nit sure if this is factual or not??

Never heard such claims and I doubt it's true.
Until there's a guy measuring it, it's pure fantasy.

smilley

Veteran
I have been researching quantum boards and cobs for a while now and finally ordered this from China.

It cost $461CAD delivered and will probably take a month to get here in Alberta. I'm hoping it will replace my 600hps with a yield improvement. It seems to have similar specs to the HLG 550 V2. Money is tight for me so I couldn't afford $1170CAD for the real thing. I'll report back when I have it up and running.

REALPOTency

Veteran
picture.php

this is my 2 run with QB, from cut,
i think is the better way for the light distribution, much more yield than from seed,

here is summer now and reduce alot the high temps, the plants look very healthy, the buds are small but pure rock hard,
for my experience the ambients with high temperatures is more apropiate for QB work, less temp ambient try with COB or mix

my firts grow qb, was from seed, high resin and very powerful but low yield for the lowers temperatures, qb is pure light efficiency
thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts