What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quantum Boards

Robney

I’m not butt hurt about it Robney.

Sometimes a well placed fuck can make it seems so, but honestly I was just playin’ with you. After all this time online a lot more than that to get me truly riled

Hahaha well I'm glad it was all in jest! Had me goin for a minute! Chi, you've probably seen and smoked everything under the sun, so what is your honest opinion of cookies?

Robney

plants look great under the QBs.

where'd you get your 2.0 from if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you Goats! I got the 2.0 straight from the source. I'm assuming you're asking due to the purpling that isn't normally seen in OGKB 2.0 photos, the quantum board seems to bring out the different colors of herb, I've never had gg4 or ogkb 2.0 purple at all under my hps (hortilux super hps) and that set up ran cooler that the LED set up did, so I think something about the spectrum (I had a 3000K HLG board) can really bring out the different aspects of a cut.

Bmac1

Veteran
I believe it was my last hps run before switching to cmh that i had a glue plant that had some purpling. Pretty sure it was just a branch or two. In hindsight, maybe it was closer to the intake. Ill see if i can find a pic.

picture.php

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Hahaha well I'm glad it was all in jest! Had me goin for a minute! Chi, you've probably seen and smoked everything under the sun, so what is your honest opinion of cookies?

It's an interesting plant, strong for sure and an interesting nose

The yield needs improvement though.

i currently run "real" hlg quantum boards next to some clone from china and what i can say straight away
is that whatever they sold me from china is definitely not the real deal even though it looks the part.

hlgs boards put out far more ppfd at the same distance and given from how things look they rock!

hi,
stynkydinky what QB clone you buy
is from kingbrite??

yo buddy bo its by meiju and its really solid, however you have to get way close to it like 20cm to really get 1000ppfd whereas the quantums can do that at like 45cm.

still not complaining really though, as they seem to work their part but lets see and find out!

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I've been on the fence about led lighting. I currently use a single ended 1000w hps, but wanna switch it up and try led lighting. Was looking at a fluence spydrx plus, but these quantum boards have a really got my attention..Thinking about grabbing the 600h...

Gotta a few questions for the quantum board users..The OG's:D

1. How does the yield truly compare to a 1000 watter?

2. Does it really cover a 5x5 or is that stretching it?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

OP

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I never ran 1ks but have run 600w HPS. I have two HLG 550 (v1 and v2) and they're just amazing. Much less heat and just a ton of light.

The yields are higher and so is the quality. The HLG 550 completely covers a 4x4 and will probably cover a 5x5 as well. The new version 2 light has new diodes that are even more efficient and it only pulls 480 watts at the wall. HLG has a new light coming out soon called the Elite which from what I've heard will be a monster. According to Steve from HLG they have some testers using the HLG 550 and yielding 2 grams/watt. GrandMasterLevel's most recent run he hit 1.46 g/watt.
I can't say enough about them other than quantum boards with Samsung diodes are amazing.

-Funk

Robney

Chi- I'd agree with all that. Though there are some other cookie cuts out there that can yield better with the same strength and extremely similar nose, like ogkb 2.0.

Thanks for sharing FunkBomb! I can't really speak to anything beyond a comparison to a 400 watt. I ran a 260 watt hlg board, only pulls 230 at the wall, in a space that was a little bigger than what they suggested (they suggest 2x3 for flowering and I did a 2.5x3.5) and I was just a little bit under a 1 g /watt with gg4, sour dubb, and ogkb 2.0, so I think if they say it would work for 5x5, I'd think it would.

I don't mean to derail this thread, but if we're talking about comparisons... I just switched my 400 watt hps out for a 315 cmh, and the different is night and day. Everything is yielding more and calyxes seem noticeably more swollen. Little bud spots that I thought would be small half g popcorn nugs or larf are turning into fat lil 2-3 g nugs. I can't really believe it performs so much better than a 400 watt hps. And have you seen this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352859 ? This dude did one of the best side by side comparisons I've seen and he found the 630 watt cmh to outyield a 1000 watt hps. Seems like the days of hps for flower are over. I guess the real question now is cmh vs led

so far the fake quantum board from china is working quite well,
not big fat buds but a lot of them.

they told me shit as far the par readings went but thats what you have a quantum sensor for,
so measure and hang lower.

blackone

Veteran
I've got a 4'x7' flower room, where I usually run 1000W - 1*600W + 1*400W.
I'm wondering if 6 QB V2 - around 720W - would be sufficient? It's only around 25.71W/sf but should be pretty much equivalent to 30W/sf of older generation diodes?

G

Is the quality of the finished product on par with a 315?
What size board would be ideal for a 100cmx100cm (39" x 39")

Robney

Is the quality of the finished product on par with a 315?
What size board would be ideal for a 100cmx100cm (39" x 39")

Hey outcold! Great to see you around! Finished product is absolutely on par with what a 315 cmh produces. I just pulled down some ogkb 2.0 that was under a 315 and I still have some ogkb 2.0 from my quantum board run (both cut at 80 days), and the differences between the two are so small its hard to say one is better than the other, both are very, very strong though the high is slightly different (ogkb 2.0 has a kind of sativa rush followed by a heavy body high, all of it filled with euphoria, though the sativa side can be a lil too racy at times so you might feel a lil crazy) so, to me, the cmh seems to bring out more strength in the sativa side while not being too racy, and the body high doesn't seem as strong at toward the end, where as the quantum board has a strong sativa high (can be kinda racy) follow by a strong body high. Under the cmh, ogkb 2.0 has tons of cookie terps with a nice splash of og underneath leading to a cool lime flavor in the mix too, under the quantum board, the ogkb 2.0 seemed to favor the cookie terps and while there was a lil og splash in the background, it was much less noticeable and the extra lime flavor wasn't present, but don't let me saying it was lacking the lime flavor to be a negative thing, ogkb 2.0 under the quantum board is absolutely delicious, and in my opinion tasted like an amped up Forum cut of cookies vs Forum cut under hps.

Damn am I good at blabbering about herb... bottom line, quantum board finished product is equal to cmh finished product. I can't speak to how exactly they compare in yield (I have a feeling cmh might beat it out, but I don't know), but in terms of what you're smoking on, cmh and quantum are equal, and any difference between the two are the most minute differences that really just come down to personal preference.

So I ran the 260 watt HLG quantum board in a 31x40 space, and while it did well, I can't help but feel like having some more power in there would have given me a better yield, fatter calyxes. And my space is slightly bigger than what their website suggests for that particular board, so I'd just go with what they suggest for that size.

Sign

I have both a 260qb and a 315. The cmh has an increased water uptake on plants. Buds are hard and resin is packed on. Qb does almost the same and energy usage is much lower. At equivalent watts I think the qb would outperform the 315 by a large margin but I've never run side by side with equal variables.

G

Hey outcold! Great to see you around! Finished product is absolutely on par with what a 315 cmh produces. I just pulled down some ogkb 2.0 that was under a 315 and I still have some ogkb 2.0 from my quantum board run (both cut at 80 days), and the differences between the two are so small its hard to say one is better than the other, both are very, very strong though the high is slightly different (ogkb 2.0 has a kind of sativa rush followed by a heavy body high, all of it filled with euphoria, though the sativa side can be a lil too racy at times so you might feel a lil crazy) so, to me, the cmh seems to bring out more strength in the sativa side while not being too racy, and the body high doesn't seem as strong at toward the end, where as the quantum board has a strong sativa high (can be kinda racy) follow by a strong body high. Under the cmh, ogkb 2.0 has tons of cookie terps with a nice splash of og underneath leading to a cool lime flavor in the mix too, under the quantum board, the ogkb 2.0 seemed to favor the cookie terps and while there was a lil og splash in the background, it was much less noticeable and the extra lime flavor wasn't present, but don't let me saying it was lacking the lime flavor to be a negative thing, ogkb 2.0 under the quantum board is absolutely delicious, and in my opinion tasted like an amped up Forum cut of cookies vs Forum cut under hps.

Damn am I good at blabbering about herb... bottom line, quantum board finished product is equal to cmh finished product. I can't speak to how exactly they compare in yield (I have a feeling cmh might beat it out, but I don't know), but in terms of what you're smoking on, cmh and quantum are equal, and any difference between the two are the most minute differences that really just come down to personal preference.

So I ran the 260 watt HLG quantum board in a 31x40 space, and while it did well, I can't help but feel like having some more power in there would have given me a better yield, fatter calyxes. And my space is slightly bigger than what their website suggests for that particular board, so I'd just go with what they suggest for that size.

Hey Robney,
Good to see your still active! I'm on a break but gearing up for a personal grow by mid '19.
I appreciate the detailed perspective between the two lights. It really has me excited about where the industry currently is with LED. Yield will be secondary and the qualities you describe with the LED sound, well intoxicating!
I'm hoping to get some of that 2.0 to play with when I'm up and running... cough:biggrin:

Robney

Hey Robney,
Good to see your still active! I'm on a break but gearing up for a personal grow by mid '19.
I appreciate the detailed perspective between the two lights. It really has me excited about where the industry currently is with LED. Yield will be secondary and the qualities you describe with the LED sound, well intoxicating!
I'm hoping to get some of that 2.0 to play with when I'm up and running... cough:biggrin:

Hell yeah man, these quantum boards are awesome. Pretty wild having just one light for veg and flower. And they last so long too! Hopefully you get that 2.0, that is some amazing flower! Chunky has done some awesome breeding with her and his cookieboi male, you should check out some of his stuff.

EcoNepenthe

COBs ROCK!!! But, were I to invest again...QBs and Pucks are the way to go. Just my opinion.

Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!! :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts