What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras x Panama feminised

OZZ_

Veteran
Well I was hoping for a male from the 2 regulars but instead got a full blown male from the fems.
So now I have two A22 Panama x Honduras ladies one Purple Honduras x Panama female and one male ha ha.
Not what I was expecting but hey beggars cant be choosers ha ha.
I am hoping to get some pure Honduran pollen to use on the girls so I will collect the males pollen and dust selected buds on all three.

But for now things are going well all girls showing preflowers and well into stretch.
The 2 biggest girls have been topped as well as the male which I dug up and moved to its own pot so I can remove it when needed.

In the pics all plants on the left are regs and the right the fems.
Plants have been on 12/12 since seed and are under 11/13 since 2 weeks ago they will stay this way until harvest.

First up the male Purple Hond x Panama that has been cut in half to slow down flowering and re potted.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Excellent Tang.... let the games begin!

:skiiing: :good:

Tangwena

Veteran
Excellent Tang.... let the games begin!

:skiiing: :good:
Thank brother I was peaking all day on the 2 year old cob of the A22 cross man the peaks of euphoria were so intense I was getting lost in the feeling wow!
Overdosing on this stuff at least you'd die with the biggest ear to ear smile.
The undertaker would need to sew your mouth closed to stop the smile ha ha.
Cant wait to see what this mix produces.

Tangwena

Veteran
99 virgins

99 virgins

Today I was peaking on some Mulanje x Mal/Ethiopian cob when this arrived like manna from heaven.
Beautiful Honduras pollen which I used on 2 branches of each of the 3 pheno's i have going.
All Ace stuff of course.
The offspring should be something very very special.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 2 flower

Week 2 flower

This is week 2 of flower calculated from first flower formation not flip.
The plants are on 11/12 after being on 12/12 from germination to reduce stretch.
The buds I pollinated with Honduras pollen seem to have taken also the buds I have pollinated with the Purple Honduras x Panama male pollen are def pollinated as the pistils are withered quite noticeably.

I have clones of all 3 phenos that I will pollinate separately with the Purple Honduras x Panama male as these are my last seeds of that pack.
Hopefully the pollination of a few buds on the main grow will not switch off the flowering as sometimes happens.
So far they dont seem to have stopped flowering so fingers crossed for buds and seeds.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
The plants are on 11/12 after being on 12/12 from germination to reduce stretch.
The buds I pollinated with Honduras pollen seem to have taken also the buds I have pollinated with the Purple Honduras x Panama male pollen are def pollinated as the pistils are withered quite noticeably.

I have clones of all 3 phenos that I will pollinate separately with the Purple Honduras x Panama male as these are my last seeds of that pack.
Hopefully the pollination of a few buds on the main grow will not switch off the flowering as sometimes happens.
So far they dont seem to have stopped flowering so fingers crossed for buds and seeds.

View Image View Image View Image

Looking good brother, hope the plant gods bless you with loads i of both seeds and buddage.

I’ve heard peeps say that the minute pollen touches a female plant it causes them to be less resinous than sensimilla plants. What’s your thoughts on that?

Tangwena

Veteran
Ha Ha Ha thats a good one brother bound to get a few feathers ruffled with the answer hey?
So far in my sweet short life (joke) the strongest kick ass tripping balls highs I ever had smoking were all seeded ha ha.
But that was long ago and I've been chewing cob since then so there is no comparison.
the cobs wipe me out so much no matter the strain they are all the best when I'm on them ha ha.
Seriously though the mix of hormones and oils present in lightly seeded buds is the only way I know to get really high, pure bliss the taste.
Whats your experience with seeded bud?

Then theres the added bonus as you mull a joint up, to have a few seeds from a one off gifted bud, when it blasts you into space, you then have options best gift ever.

Chewing on some sun grown Mulanje cob so theres a sense of supernatural coming on ha ha.

OZZ_

Veteran
Ha Ha Ha thats a good one brother bound to get a few feathers ruffled with the answer hey?
So far in my sweet short life (joke) the strongest kick ass tripping balls highs I ever had smoking were all seeded ha ha.
But that was long ago and I've been chewing cob since then so there is no comparison.
the cobs wipe me out so much no matter the strain they are all the best when I'm on them ha ha.
Seriously though the mix of hormones and oils present in lightly seeded buds is the only way I know to get really high, pure bliss the taste.
Whats your experience with seeded bud?

Then theres the added bonus as you mull a joint up, to have a few seeds from a one off gifted bud, when it blasts you into space, you then have options best gift ever.

Chewing on some sun grown Mulanje cob so theres a sense of supernatural coming on ha ha.

Wouldn’t expect any less in an answer from you brother Tang haha... I haven’t noticed much difference in clone plants when lightly seeded myself, when compared to the same clone grown without seeds. Then again there are some times I can remember that seeded bud wasn’t very resinous in general, but it could have just been that specific strain as I never ran the clone again so not much of a comparison. But there are those highly experienced folks that say without a doubt it decreases resin.... So I’m on the fence and not really sure what to think to tell you the truth. :biglaugh::D

Tangwena

Veteran
Wouldn’t expect any less in an answer from you brother Tang haha... I haven’t noticed much difference in clone plants when lightly seeded myself, when compared to the same clone grown without seeds. Then again there are some times I can remember that seeded bud wasn’t very resinous in general, but it could have just been that specific strain as I never ran the clone again so not much of a comparison. But there are those highly experienced folks that say without a doubt it decreases resin.... So I’m on the fence and not really sure what to think to tell you the truth. :biglaugh::D
Yes exactly seedless is more bud and therefore usually a lot more resin from the extended flowering so there is that.
Heavily seeded bud sucks for sure as there is mainly just seed husks but lightly seeded has a nice taste they are both good i wouldn't knock a bud back because of a few seeds thats for sure.
When its that hard to pick it cant be all bad hey?

SolarLogos

View Image View Image View Image

I'm glad the pollen arrived and pistils withered, are you getting seeds yet? Pods starting to swell? That would be the best news brother. I hope he is a worthy male, he should be, he has all the boxes checked off.
The highest I've ever been was always off of imported weed in the 70's and early 80's. Imported weed was always seeded. I noticed the same thing as you Tangwena, overly seeded bud is terrible, nothing to smoke and I've never had a great high from it, but lightly seeded bud was great. Having visited and spoken with cannabis farmers in both Mexico and Jamaica, they seed out the crop for 3 main reasons: More weight for importing, seeds for next grow, and shortening flower time. In both Jamaica and Mexico, they cut back the males and only leave a few here and there, so as not to overly seed the crop. They felt there was value in lightly seeding, but knew not to over-seed the crop. A lot of the growers, however, had no idea how to choose a good male, so just randomly cut down males.
Looking forward to see how those (PanxHon)xHon turn out. Great work you're doing Tang!

Tangwena

Veteran
I'm glad the pollen arrived and pistils withered, are you getting seeds yet? Pods starting to swell? That would be the best news brother. I hope he is a worthy male, he should be, he has all the boxes checked off.
The highest I've ever been was always off of imported weed in the 70's and early 80's. Imported weed was always seeded. I noticed the same thing as you Tangwena, overly seeded bud is terrible, nothing to smoke and I've never had a great high from it, but lightly seeded bud was great. Having visited and spoken with cannabis farmers in both Mexico and Jamaica, they seed out the crop for 3 main reasons: More weight for importing, seeds for next grow, and shortening flower time. In both Jamaica and Mexico, they cut back the males and only leave a few here and there, so as not to overly seed the crop. They felt there was value in lightly seeding, but knew not to over-seed the crop. A lot of the growers, however, had no idea how to choose a good male, so just randomly cut down males.
Looking forward to see how those (PanxHon)xHon turn out. Great work you're doing Tang!
Thats the wisest most well thought out and backed up by experience overseas answer ever brother.
AND yes there are already little seeds growing and swelling here and there. I will be hoarding them like diamonds as there are not many but enough for another generation thanks my friend much love to you brother.
Stem rubs on all three are exciting all different but all very enticing. My Christmas will be spent sniffing those buds as they start to fill out and dreaming of their offspring.

Tangwena

Veteran
Polination success

Polination success

Its been 2 weeks since I dusted select buds with Solars Honduras pollen and also some with the Purple Honduras x Panama male I was lucky enough to get by accident ha ha.
Life cant get any better now seeds are swelling here and there and the plants are still flowering like mad.
By end of January with any luck I will have some big ass colas to cob into magic for visits to the other dimensions ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 4/5 of flower

Week 4/5 of flower

Still at least 8+ weeks to go this is still the first flush of 3 of flowering.
I had to remove the front plant to lift the lights up to their maximum height they are as high as they can go now.
Was a good chance to defoliate and adjust the back 2 plants that I cant normally reach.
I should have topped the front one as I did the back 2 but it started out smaller now its turned into a raging monster.
On the plus side it should have some huge colas by the time its done and I like the fuel aroma.
First pic shows the back 2 Panama x Hond on the left and Purple Honduras x Panama reversed on the right both smelling awesome.

picture.php

index.php

Fronk

Still at least 8+ weeks to go this is still the first flush of 3 of flowering.
I had to remove the front plant to lift the lights up to their maximum height they are as high as they can go now.
Was a good chance to defoliate and adjust the back 2 plants that I cant normally reach.
I should have topped the front one as I did the back 2 but it started out smaller now its turned into a raging monster.
On the plus side it should have some huge colas by the time its done and I like the fuel aroma.
First pic shows the back 2 Panama x Hond on the left and Purple Honduras x Panama reversed on the right both smelling awesome.

View Image

Second pic is the monsters top up close outside the cabinet

View Image

3rd and 4th pic is all 3 back in the cabinet after a bit of defoliation and slight bondage. With and without lights on.

View Image
View Image

You had to have been there man. I'm high whats your excuse?

Can’t see your pictures.

Tangwena

Veteran
4 to 5 weeks flower

4 to 5 weeks flower

Now i can see them but maybe not anyone else.
You will have mentally fit them into the narrative ha ha. Totally wasted thats probably why ha ha.
First pic is the girls all back in the box.

Second pic is a close up of the one I removed to take the pic of the two at the back a Panama x Honduras regular

The two in the back of the box in the third pic are from the left Panama x Honduras regular and on the right the Purple Honduras x Panama reversed.

final pic is the girls with the LED's back on

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice sativa girls! I love you work Tang or i say hobby:D Those spears looking full of fire!:good:
Early days yet my friend I'm hoping for some huge clubs by harvest if my previous grows of this strain are anything to go by.
Ace makes the goodies.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Tangwena after 1 month of flowering! :)

I remember sending you 2 different Honduras x Panama regular lines, maybe the male came from these seeds ? Never found males in Honduras x Panama fem version.

Tangwena

Veteran
Looking great Tangwena after 1 month of flowering! :)

I remember sending you 2 different Honduras x Panama regular lines, maybe the male came from these seeds ? Never found males in Honduras x Panama fem version.
Yes anythings possible between my old age and being high ha ha.
Either way its awesome as now you guys no longer send to Australia I have to make my own seeds.
I'm super happy to be able to cross the male to all three different pheno's.
They are all worthy of growing on their own, thanks to you being so generous I have no need to grow anything else ever ha ha.
The Malawi x Ethiopia is another of the dream team, well pretty much anything I have grown from Ace is really, you have good genetics.
I came to IC looking for knowledge and found so much more I found you and Ace I need nothing else.
This Purple Honduras and Panama fem and the Panama x Honduras are some of the best weed on the planet for cob curing, terpy, tasty and potent as all hell just love it. Big thanks to you brother i owe you big time.
You can see from the diary they had preflowers on the 4/11 so flowering would have started maybe a week before they are on steroids for sure.

Common Sense

Hi folks,

mind if I join in?
Here is my second grow (after the Kali China and Orient Express premiere).

This is day 23 at 11 hours light, 13 hours dark cycles

Honduras x Panama fem

main shoot

there is a Zamaldelica fem in the front left, Honduras x Panama in the back right

Zamaldelica

I only have a 60x60x160 cm tent, so probably one of those tropical sativas in their 16 l Root Pouch bags would have been enough, but I could not decide which one, so 2 had to go in. Here is the setup, picture taken at day 18 of 11/13

To keep the size down and use the available space, I decided to do a lot of LST and keep them in very small pots during veg time.
Started each seed in 200 ml seedling soil in simple 500ml yoghurt cups, adding about 100 to 150 ml of normal potting soil after about 10 days. They still became root bound in no time, so they moved to 1 L yoghurt cups after roughly 2 weeks where I started to tie them down as much as possible.
Of course, they became root bound in the 1 L pots again soon, but I wanted them to stay small, yet reach some maturity. After 4 1/2 weeks of veg time in 18/6 h, I switched them to 11/13, still in the 1 L pots. After 8 more days they became increasingly difficult to manage as I could see their sensitive reaction to higher fertilser doses or not watering every day. Therefore I decided to move them to their final 16 L bags. Still doing as much LST as possible (never pruned).
So now after more than 3 weeks in flower, things are looking really good and I decided I let them go upwards from here as they have almost filled out the squares. I hope to have kept them low enough so far (see setup above) while still providing enough veg time to have them matured a bit more.
We'll see if the head space is enough.
Both have been incredibly fun to work with so far.. Also this time, no fungus gnats.

I will keep you updated.