What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras x Panama feminised

Tangwena

Veteran
Fantastic :)
Extra height,high temps,skills and you've made the strain yours
Tripping on weed is a 'lifestyle' ,challenging at times,but so rewarding
Thank you my friend for inspiring this "newbie"
Considering I nearly killed them with no watering during our heat wave it shows how strong the genetics are that they bounced back so well.
I am sure once I remove the dead leaves ect the buds will make some nice sticky cobs and slabs of buds once cured.

Tangwena

Veteran
Great Harvest!
Thanks go to Aces genetics my friend i did everything wrong this grow and they still came through.
i would have loved to wait another week but life gets in the way of growing and even a little early this cross shines once sweat cured.
In 12 months these will be dynamite I can tell.
I made a cob from some a while ago a lot younger than this and it was my favorite euphoric high better than the older buds cobbed the same way so these are going to kick ass once cobbed and aged a few months.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Outstanding result and well done! Certainly is a challenge growing in those temperatures.

Tangwena

Veteran
Outstanding result and well done! Certainly is a challenge growing in those temperatures.
Hi my friend the plants actually love the heat if I keep them watered.
I left them for 3 days at 40c plus without additional water thats what burnt the leaves so bad once I reduced the power of the LEDs and hand watered every day to help the blumats who couldn't keep up they were loving it.
I dont usually have a problem with the heat these are tropical plants after all. The warm temps seem to make them terpy and oily.
The big calyx pheno is dripping with oils and resin the smell is crazy good.
I will def be growing the seeds from her again the aroma is insane

Tangwena

Veteran
Cobbing

Cobbing

I have been making 2 to 3 oz cobs I have so much buds ha ha.
I reckon close to 2 lb in buds from those 3 plants.
Once I have dried the 12 cobs I made I will weigh them and get a dry weight ha ha.
For now here are some pics of one cob I made so you get the idea.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SolarLogos

Congratulations on another beautiful harvest. As always, I've really enjoyed the show. You're too humble brother; regardless of temps and blumats keeping up with the water, you just harvested some nice fat greasy colas that wouldn't have happened if those plants weren't loving your care. But I do agree with you on the genetics, it's really hard to go wrong with just about any of Ace's hybrids, they are all excellent.

Enjoy your fishing trip and best of luck, I'll be looking forward to pics of this years fishing.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats Tangwena! Another classic bountiful harvest of yours! :D Excellent development despite the small space and high summer temps.

The way you have taught us how to make cobs will be always a reference for the cannabis community, thanks for opening our minds with new methods of enjoying the flowers of our favorite plant :ying:

Tangwena

Veteran
Congrats Tangwena! Another classic bountiful harvest of yours! :D Excellent development despite the small space and high summer temps.

The way you have taught us how to make cobs will be always a reference for the cannabis community, thanks for opening our minds with new methods of enjoying the flowers of our favorite plant :ying:
I could never have done it without you and Aces generosity my friend. I would never have had access to the wonderful seeds you guys have produced you have really opened my eyes to what can be achieved through good selection and breeding.
You have been a very important influence in my life these last few years. I will be forever in your debt god bless you my friend.

Common Sense

Congrats on this beautiful harvest, comrade! My HxP seems to be finishing as well, what great genetics! One of these days I will try to make cobs like you do.

MallardDuck

I hope your harvest brings you much joy. Those spears are huge and look very resinous! Please share how the cobs look/turn out, the whole fermenting process is very interesting to me, perhaps because of my proclivity towards sauerkraut and kimchi :) Congratulations friend!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I was planning on leaving them another week but the weather is forecast to be hot in the high 38c 15% RH phew not that I'm worried about the plants but I leave for a month fishing trip at the end of next week.
A window of cooler weather has opened up 33c for the 9.5 hour drive to my fishing camp end of next week. It has been 39 to 40+ which makes for a drive through hell.
So this will give me time to dry and cob the buds before I leave.

The harvest was a lot more than I was anticipating (thanks Dubi ha ha)
Honestly I dont need this much pot ha ha.
I had to hang the buds in my grow box in 3 layers so the carbon filters can take the edge off of the amazingly strong smell.
I had 3 rows hanging from fencing wire it wont take long to dry with 15% RH and forecast 37 to 39c temps ahead for a week.
Perfect for cobbing though nice and dry and hot it will sweat naturally no need for heating ha ha.

Here's some pics. I will do close ups of the 3 bud types while cobbing them in a few days time.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Nice done! congrates for the harvest. really some beast strains. :good::good:

Tangwena

Veteran
Do you get the aromas,of what you have consumed, coming through your skin?
Most probably i used to get that on acid big time but you tend not to notice your own aroma as much as others do.
I had some 2 year old Panama x Honduras today God i love the high makes me feel alive and full of incentive to get heaps of things done all the while feeling so crazy good out of it.
The effect cobbed and chewed is priceless to me ha ha its like being young hung and full of come again ha ha gold class effects.

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice done! congrates for the harvest. really some beast strains. :good::good:
Yes LED's are great for tight spaces but the buds grow very differently from CMH or sun grown at least in my grows.
But we have to use whats best in the given situation and the Quantum boards are great light sources and heaps less space used by the lights.

Tangwena

Veteran
I hope your harvest brings you much joy. Those spears are huge and look very resinous! Please share how the cobs look/turn out, the whole fermenting process is very interesting to me, perhaps because of my proclivity towards sauerkraut and kimchi :) Congratulations friend!
Will do I have heaps to play with thanks to this grow.

There are a few things I want to try to do to reproduce some of the more colorful aromatic cob cures i remember scoring in my youth in Central Africa. There were so many cures limited to specific areas and even specific villages its crazy.
They are not all the same all over, some master curers produced fantastic cobs that only became available in very limited quantities and for very short periods of time if you had the right contacts or were in the right place at the right time, real gems of the curing art.

woolybear

Veteran
I've grown a few monster sativas like this, but haven't found one to my liking.

At $37 USD for 3 fem seeds, this might be a fun project as it may turn out that one of my tents is all males!

Also, I need a monster yielding sativa to do cobs. I never get enough weed to cobb!

Tangwena

Veteran
I've grown a few monster sativas like this, but haven't found one to my liking.

At $37 USD for 3 fem seeds, this might be a fun project as it may turn out that one of my tents is all males!

Also, I need a monster yielding sativa to do cobs. I never get enough weed to cobb!
How much weed do you need?
I got 10oz off of one Purple honduras x Panama on my previous grow with no trouble at all. 12/12 from day one reducing to 10/14 by the last weeks.
On average you need between 1 and 2 ounces per cob to cure it effectively.
If your not getting enough buds from your sativas maybe your growing the wrong strains or your technique may need to be modified to suite them.
Ace is a good place to start most all their strains are bread for high returns if fed enough food and light.
This last grow was stuffed up by myself but I still got way over a pound I haven't weighed them as they are still slightly moist but right now I'd say at least 2 lb of buds moist.
You only need an ounce or two to try it. But saying that not everyone can get it right its an art and like most arts some people are better at it than others so its always going to be a risk the first time until you get the feel for it.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Yes LED's are great for tight spaces but the buds grow very differently from CMH or sun grown at least in my grows.
But we have to use whats best in the given situation and the Quantum boards are great light sources and heaps less space used by the lights.
Curious if you could expand on this a bit. How did they differ from each other? I guess I am wondering if there was much difference in the high you experience from different light sources, if any?