What's new

Purple Haze x Malawi

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Do you use any bloom nutrients terpene?

I use Botanicare's pure bloom soil mix. Usually I eyeball about 1/3-1/4 of the recommended dose. I only do this when the plants start looking light in color. It should probably also be mentioned that certain Ace lines are light in color anyway, so baby steps with the feeding. I also like to foliar with epsom salt (about 1 tsp in a liter) when the plants show magnesium deficiency.

Past that, my super simple soil mix:
Fox Farm Happy Frog
Earthworm Castings
Rock Dust
Dolomite Lime

I only started adding the rock dust recently because of how much bigger I've started vegging plants. My stems are about thumb thickness in a 3.5 gallon pot instead of a 10 gallon pot like I used to.

I grabbed my old Hanna meter from back in the hydro days to see exactly what the nutrient value of the water was. I was hovering at 800ppm (1.6EC) in the bottom of the Purple Haze Malawi x Napalm bucket, but decided to start with a fresh mix of 1000ppm (2.0EC). My "mix" was tap water with botanicare bloom and a dash of epsom salt.

I figure thats about as hard as it needs to be pushed, but we'll see in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

OlDirtyHuman

PHxM1
picture.php

PHxM2
picture.php

Both have been flowering for about 6 weeks.

Terpene

Veteran
Looking pretty hazey with the stretch on those tops!

Here's 6.5 weeks of purple haze malawi x napalm:
picture.php

OlDirtyHuman

The stretch happened after they got fed some grow nutes. #1 was looking hungry so I fed both of them and then I got the leaf curl and a little growth spurt. Lesson learned. They are getting 1/4 strength Big Bloom and a little Tiger Bloom for another month or so. I figure they have at least 2 months left. #2 has probably double the resin and stinks in a piney oily kind of way that seems very potent.

Is this the first time you've grown out the cross Terpene? Looks very nice at 6.5 weeks.

Siever

Veteran
The stretch happened after they got fed some grow nutes. #1 was looking hungry so I fed both of them and then I got the leaf curl and a little growth spurt. Lesson learned. They are getting 1/4 strength Big Bloom and a little Tiger Bloom for another month or so. I figure they have at least 2 months left. #2 has probably double the resin and stinks in a piney oily kind of way that seems very potent.

Is this the first time you've grown out the cross Terpene? Looks very nice at 6.5 weeks.

perhaps #1 will catch up. If 've seen this more than once.

early_bird

Veteran
Thanks for the great pics OlDirtyHuman. Did the girls stretch much while flowering ?

I have started a few PHxM seedlings, can´t wait for the girls to grow big :)
But wanna give them a long vegi before.

OlDirtyHuman

Thanks early bird,

I flipped them after a week from seed and topped them so they have stayed quite small. I fed them both some nitrogen while flowering and that stretched the buds out considerably. Be very careful with the veg nutrients. I think I have haze leaning phenos too so the buds aren't very dense. Probably going to reveg these when they're done and let them get bigger if I can find the space.

@ya

Thanks for the great pics OlDirtyHuman. Did the girls stretch much while flowering ?

I have started a few PHxM seedlings, can´t wait for the girls to grow big :)
But wanna give them a long vegi before.

Mine has tripled is size flipped at 16 in. and now its 49 in., this strain is looking awesome.:)

Terpene

Veteran
ODH - I see you're running screw in LEDs. :biggrin: Cut the plastic covers off and you'll get about 50% more light out of them.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

See post number 5, 6 & 8. Any old dremel, saw or rotational cutter will work. They become much more directional bulbs instead of glowing lanterns.

Here's my purple haze malawi x napalm cross at chop (9.5 weeks of 11/13 under the sliced screw in LEDs)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OlDirtyHuman

Those PHM x Naplam's look real impressive.
I just got the leds to add some red light. I'm using two 105w cfl's on the plants primarily.

OlDirtyHuman

PHM1

PHM2

Almost 13 weeks now. Traded out the cfls for a 400w hps and went to 11/13. #2 has a few really stretched out branches so I cut a couple to clone. The first one rooted very easily in seed starter mix.

early_bird

Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi, Flowering Day 20 under 11,5 hours of light.

No sign of flowering till now.
I guess the Purple Haze is strong in this one :)

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ODH - I see you're running screw in LEDs. :biggrin: Cut the plastic covers off and you'll get about 50% more light out of them.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

See post number 5, 6 & 8. Any old dremel, saw or rotational cutter will work. They become much more directional bulbs instead of glowing lanterns.

Here's my purple haze malawi x napalm cross at chop (9.5 weeks of 11/13 under the sliced screw in LEDs)

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hi Terpene! :)

Looks a bit like some Golden Tiger phenos ... but damn! 9.5 weeks of flowering and ready! Looks like the touch of indica influence helped a lot to tame the other tropical sativa part of the hybrid. Great job! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts