What's new

Purple Haze x Malawi

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

About 7 weeks flowering now. Pollinated a few buds with zamaldelica and definitely got some seeds growing.

K

KapnobataiZ

Its in PHxMLW feminized thread.. feminezed crossed with regular wil result what?

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Um, what? :chin:

Feminized plants (mother plant treated with a solution to make the resulting generation female aka S1) produce herms at the same rate as any M/F line - very low. Crossing feminized plants to standard M/F lines with pollen from a male will also produce the same rate of herms as any standard M/F line - very low.

If any plant throws a herm in flower and that pollen touches the plant it came from, the resulting seeds will have a higher instance of herm, but generally produce decently normal buds with very few herm flowers on them in my experience. When people talk about herm generations, they usually mean plants that are stressed, then inbred continually through stress. This process was used way back (more or less unsuccessfully) for feminized lines before modern methods were developed.

If any plant throws a herm in flower and that pollen touches another plant (not the same plant - for instance a PHM x Zamaldelica) those beans are whats known as an R1 and will be almost entirely female and have a very low instance of herm in my experience.

You can cross R1 to S1 or M/F without any issue as well. As an example, here is an R1 line I created called "Jacket" which is (P91 x Princess Diesel) x Destroyer. The initial cross was male Destroyer x female P91/Princess Diesel, but the second, more or less feminized generation (shown here) was the result of R1 breeding.
picture.php

Herms are generally more environmentally dependent. Plants that have a tendency to herm generally will do so in stressful, less than adequate conditions. Light leaks, nutrient deficiencies, pest outbreaks, lack of water, etc. can all push plants that have a tendency to herm over the limit.

early_bird

Veteran
The Harvest of Purple Haze x Malawi #1 was an pleasant surprise, i got a very good yield from the topped plant.

Here is my chrismas tree shaped Purple Haze x Malawi #3 at flowering day 39 of 11/13.
The plant grows from clone, first 19 days in 1 L soil and then transplanted to 6L pot.
Leaf yellowing seems to be very common by this strain, no matter what i do.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Purp Haze x Malawi - Rest in Pieces

Purp Haze x Malawi - Rest in Pieces

Hey, intrepid travelers!!

Here's a quick bud shot of my recently harvested Purp Haze x Malawi. There's a bit more about her and her hard life in my other thread. She's a beaut and -having sampled her- she's in a neo-psychedelic class all her own. Magical!! Will definitely run her again!

Attachments

• PHxMal Bud3.jpg
    PHxMal Bud3.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 51
  • PHxMal Bud6.jpg
    PHxMal Bud6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 48

hailand3r

Terpeno, thanks for the explanation.
i got the same experience,

- always i have planted seeds from a herm polinized by herself got lots of herm.
but if one herm polinize another female plant the seeds came normal rate M/F and Herm ...

what you can not do is revert by quimical ways a female clone in a male and take that polen to polinize a feminized plant., because you will got lots of herm.

but i think: if one standart male plant who have little herm pistils polinize a feminized plant the coming seeds will be normal rate M/F herm.

i'm doing that at this time, got one big male of PCK who tragically show some pistils, and take this male to polinize PH x M fem... i think the seeds will bring normal rate M/F - and low Herm..

what you think?

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Terpeno, thanks for the explanation.
i got the same experience,

what you can not do is revert by quimical ways a female clone in a male and take that polen to polinize a feminized plant., because you will got lots of herm.

but i think: if one standart male plant who have little herm pistils polinize a feminized plant the coming seeds will be normal rate M/F herm.

i'm doing that at this time, got one big male of PCK who tragically show some pistils, and take this male to polinize PH x M fem... i think the seeds will bring normal rate M/F - and low Herm..

what you think?

Have you tried using Colloidal Silver at 240ppm to produce fem seeds from a fem plant? If done BEFORE flowering starts, the chances of success are higher.

Um, what? :chin:

Feminized plants (mother plant treated with a solution to make the resulting generation female aka S1) produce herms at the same rate as any M/F line - very low. Crossing feminized plants to standard M/F lines with pollen from a male will also produce the same rate of herms as any standard M/F line - very low.

If any plant throws a herm in flower and that pollen touches the plant it came from, the resulting seeds will have a higher instance of herm, but generally produce decently normal buds with very few herm flowers on them in my experience. When people talk about herm generations, they usually mean plants that are stressed, then inbred continually through stress. This process was used way back (more or less unsuccessfully) for feminized lines before modern methods were developed.

If any plant throws a herm in flower and that pollen touches another plant (not the same plant - for instance a PHM x Zamaldelica) those beans are whats known as an R1 and will be almost entirely female and have a very low instance of herm in my experience.

You can cross R1 to S1 or M/F without any issue as well. As an example, here is an R1 line I created called "Jacket" which is (P91 x Princess Diesel) x Destroyer. The initial cross was male Destroyer x female P91/Princess Diesel, but the second, more or less feminized generation (shown here) was the result of R1 breeding.
View Image

Herms are generally more environmentally dependent. Plants that have a tendency to herm generally will do so in stressful, less than adequate conditions. Light leaks, nutrient deficiencies, pest outbreaks, lack of water, etc. can all push plants that have a tendency to herm over the limit.

I work for a successful seed breeder and its my responsibility to cover R&D during testing before we release anything. We mainly focus on regs but we do have a lot of Fem offerings as well (the European demand). I know for a fact we have much higher rates of hermies when doing Fem crosses from just watching many new varieties getting made and tested. We have only 1 variety that is an S1 and iv actually never seen a herm with it yet in all the tests. This doesn't lead me to believe that any Fem cross of any sort is not likely to produce herms. Iv seen it 1st hand for years with thousands of seeds

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I been futzin with PHM on and off for over a year.. due to my restrictions and shortcomings 5 seeds, 2, mort, 3 too fuggin big for my little tent.. I popped 2 more, the first was another monster (in retrospect) the second was buried in the back of the veg tent but was much smaller. Due to a recent interest in GG#4 and crosses I was going to and did put them in the bin but the little one PH1, looked at me and I was hooked on her symmetry and long thin leaves.. shes in for the next run.. cant wait.. thanks terp.. good info provided here..:tiphat:
shes a seed plant popped 3/28/16 put into veg on 3/31/16.. I already have her in clone but here is what she looks like, first is the one from being out in the bin, second trimmed up some, third one one of the branches .. it will be in the next run.. PH2-bin..

EDIT: Forgot the pics.. AH!

Attachments

• PHM 001.jpg
    PHM 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 25
  • PHM 002.jpg
    PHM 002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • PHM 003.jpg
    PHM 003.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

OlDirtyHuman

picture.php

At 12 weeks flowering from clone. I think I'll give it another week. Just finished off the buds from the sister of this plant and really enjoyed it.

early_bird

Veteran
Purple Haze x Malawi Monster, Flowering Day 72 from clone in 6L of Soil. Actually 10 hours of light.

Maybe i screwed something up with to much nitrogen, lower buds looking already ripe, upper buds are far from ready and have almost no resin.
The stretch huge, i put the plant under 11/13 light schedule and it continue to grow for about 8 weeks (+/-).

Holeshot

PH X KM

PH X KM

Purple Haze x Malawi Monster, Flowering Day 72 from clone in 6L of Soil. Actually 10 hours of light.

Maybe i screwed something up with to much nitrogen, lower buds looking already ripe, upper buds are far from ready and have almost no resin.
The stretch huge, i put the plant under 11/13 light schedule and it continue to grow for about 8 weeks (+/-).

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1621421&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1621419&thumb=1]View Image
[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50881&pictureid=1621420&thumb=1]View Image
[/url]
Hey mate, what light is it under?Looks like it has had light leaks or not enough light. Or maybe just a little mutant.! Or needs way longer , I've had plants like that before. They never really finished and were very foxtailed like that.I have a PH X M a few weeks under 11/13 and she is just started to show sex. Very haze Dom looking.

Latest posts

Latest posts