What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Reviews of Romulan Genetics, Romulan BX1

Dankdad64

A pretty decent room, they replaced seeds.Im keeping them going. I'm on 18 hrs and have autos (Walter White) 4 and 4 Romulan. You can not mix the 2 plants up. I was told it's my fault.... believe me I have a lot tied up in this room and did not mess up. My autos are not flowering just Romulan. About a month and a half old. 2- 720 watt full spectrum lights. G Floor Horticultural flooring.A actual built grow room.
Here's Walter White no mixing up with Romulan

Attachments

• PXL_20240308_005915373.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240308_005915373.MP.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240308_005921172.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240308_005921172.MP.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 30

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I mean, honestly…….. I can’t think of anything, but it being Romulans fault. I’ve personally, never seen a plant auto, unless it had some lineage of an auto which Romulan genetics never lists, so it would be extremely accidental if so. However, the regrettable thing is, if this does happen to be their fault then there’s a serious problem with this line that people need to know about. At this point friend just let them flower and hope you get some good bud.

I myself have been having difficulty with their gear germinating, and or producing mutants seedlings but I haven’t shared my report yet. I’m hoping the company just sends me some more.

Last edited:

Dankdad64

I mean, honestly…….. I can’t think of anything, but it being Romulans fault. I’ve personally, never seen a plant auto, unless it had some lineage of an auto which Romulan genetics never lists, so it would be extremely accidental if so. However, the regrettable thing is, if this does happen to be their fault then there’s a serious problem with this line that people need to know about. At this point friend just let them flower and hope you get some good bud.

I myself have been having difficulty with their gear germinating, and or producing mutants seedlings but I haven’t shared my report yet. I’m hoping the company just sends me some more.

Oh believe me I was careful and even if mix up you can tell Walter White from Romulan.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Oh believe me I was careful and even if mix up you can tell Walter White from Romulan.
Oh I don’t doubt you. I’m starting to have doubts about the line myself. I’m still going to run any females I get and dump some Sinai pollen on them, tentatively.

Dankdad64

Oh I don’t doubt you. I’m starting to have doubts about the line myself. I’m still going to run any females I get and dump some Sinai pollen on them, tentatively.
I was lucky 4 Romulan planted 4 females.Breeder replaced pack and Brothers Grimm sent a package plus extras

Attachments

• PXL_20240309_181058767.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240309_181058767.MP.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 39

Abdthi1966

Premium user
So yours isn't flowering yet?
Oh gosh no. I ran a few of his communion and then tried popping 12 Bx1 and all but three runts or so were duds and the company replaced the pack. Right now I have 3 healthy bx1 seedlings but others didn’t do so hot. I don’t think it’s me because I popped them side by side with RSC Sinai and I got 10/12 healthy germination.

Update, company offered me a refund and I opted to take it.

Last edited:

Dankdad64

I picked up these seeds for a steep price after drooling over the pictures they have and reading some of Jakes stuff on the forums. I’m actually growing two of his communion right now, and they are putting off an interesting putrid smell at the moment which is a pretty decent sign of quality.

Anyways, I’ve looked around for a while and can’t seem to find any specific grow reports on the BX1 and was curious if anyone’s grown it. If I’m going to pop then I’m going to have to run males for seed as well (due to the price of course) and want to make sure it’s worth the time right now. Thanks for the input.
How's it going?

Abdthi1966

Premium user
How's it going?
Through patience and persistence I have managed to save 5 BX1 that were suffering earlier in life and now they seem to be on their way to recovery. The other Sinai seedlings and a few other bx1 got alittle moist I guess and I had a couple with mold so I sprayed with copper funcide. Never had anything like that happen before, and the lids had been off the starting trays for a week before it showed up with little water. Oh well, most of them are fine anyways. Im babying everything and will start a journal in a few weeks.

Dankdad64

Through patience and persistence I have managed to save 5 BX1 that were suffering earlier in life and now they seem to be on their way to recovery. The other Sinai seedlings and a few other bx1 got alittle moist I guess and I had a couple with mold so I sprayed with copper funcide. Never had anything like that happen before, and the lids had been off the starting trays for a week before it showed up with little water. Oh well, most of them are fine anyways. Im babying everything and will start a journal in a few weeks.
All 4 doing good here.... just the early flowering issue.

Piff_cat

Romulan is based on Korean landraces. The latitude of Korea is above 30 and can impart semi auto traits .
This can range from age related bloom inducement in plants inheriting strongest semi auto gene.
Another portion of progeny will be sensitive to dark period and easily tipped to bloom. Piff s2 has done this to me.
Semi auto which don't self induce at age, can be kept in veg at 24 but induce at 18
I'n some plants lower light levels(far red esp) will induce bloom while bright won't.

If you decipher which semi pheno you have it can be very advantageous yield wise to have female that can be kept in veg indefinitely but also trigger bloom under 18 hrs light

Dankdad64

I know nothing but can provide some pictures, crawled in and pulled Roms out for better pictures. 2 are topped and 2 are not. Super sticky and stinky.

Attachments

• PXL_20240316_173343727.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240316_173343727.MP.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20240316_173028408.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240316_173028408.MP.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240316_173003122.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240316_173003122.MP.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240316_172825614.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240316_172825614.MP.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 27

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Romulan is based on Korean landraces. The latitude of Korea is above 30 and can impart semi auto traits .
This can range from age related bloom inducement in plants inheriting strongest semi auto gene.
Another portion of progeny will be sensitive to dark period and easily tipped to bloom. Piff s2 has done this to me.
Semi auto which don't self induce at age, can be kept in veg at 24 but induce at 18
I'n some plants lower light levels(far red esp) will induce bloom while bright won't.

If you decipher which semi pheno you have it can be very advantageous yield wise to have female that can be kept in veg indefinitely but also trigger bloom under 18 hrs light
Hey mate, there’s a lot of different offerings named Romulan, and the one both of us are referencing has no history of Korean genes in it.
From the breeder, who supposedly has a familial link to the original strain-creator, as well as being the current holder of one of the original clones has stated plainly: Thai x Colombian x Mexican x Afghani. So perhaps your referring someone else’s Romulan. Jake is more expansive on the topic on another forum, easy to find, and you could read all about it.

browntrout

Veteran

Semi auto Piff!! Damn a Northern growers dream. How abundant were these early trigger phenos?

Piff_cat

Semi auto Piff!! Damn a Northern growers dream. How abundant were these early trigger phenos?
Piffcoasts pc3 clone which is a piff s2 selection is what id call sensitive she went into flower at 18/6 in a low light environment. There's been several other short flowering piff clones found in piff s2 x cbh and when hypbrids ran cbh s2 they found a pheno called el squato which probly a recombinant pheno from non haze side.

There's an age related micro RNA 156 whose presence blocks the bloom cycle. When a seed is first popped it must cycle out it's 156 before flower can start and once 156 is gone the red light sensors pick up longer nights and flower begins.
So if a seed pop is vegged until it shows pistil that's when the 156 is gone. Lower starting level of 156 = faster flower.
However there's direct relationship between 156 genes and trichome density. This may explain why haze loses desirable traits in a hybrid with shorter flower time. The crossing has brought down the 156 levels.

Latest posts

Latest posts