What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Reviews of Romulan Genetics, Romulan BX1

Prs2xs

@Perdido hey man how are the girls?

Quick update on the Romulan germination. Only got 8 out of 12 seeds. Two mutants didn’t survive the initial crack and the others didn’t come up. Had a great set up as well, so that’s alittle disappointing. But who knows how old the stock is or how well it was kept. I’m hoping for 4 and 4 and get a nice variety for the open pollination run.
Who did you purchase the seeds from, and how long ago??

Abdthi1966

Premium user
The breeder Jake from his site. Been sitting on them since last summer so not very darn long and they’ve been stored in an ammo can in a dark cool place with all of my other seeds. Might have just been a bad batch but I didn’t keep the breeder slip so I don’t really have a leg to stand to complain. But since I’m going to be making a new round of BX1 seeds with what I got I’m not sweating it too much, other than to tell people my results of course.

Prs2xs

The breeder Jake from his site. Been sitting on them since last summer so not very darn long and they’ve been stored in an ammo can in a dark cool place with all of my other seeds. Might have just been a bad batch but I didn’t keep the breeder slip so I don’t really have a leg to stand to complain. But since I’m going to be making a new round of BX1 seeds with what I got I’m not sweating it too much, other than to tell people my results of course.
I got the last available pack from Mandala-I hope the germination is good

Perdido

Romulan #4 (harvested on day 69 after 12/12) got to the test yesterday - but it's far too strong for me.
So strong I was sure I am going to quit smoking weed today.
The high is surprisingly clear, you can sit and type, but your arms feel too shaky. Pressure is building up in your eyes and your head. Your thoughts start wandering, reading or watching a good demanding movie is quite impossible.
I mean it's a real good smoke first, the taste is great, the smell is great - very fresh, pine tree plus fresh things like eukalyptus, and some almost skunky smell is in the room, when you have left the bag open.

I'll give Romulan #2 one try today, maybe she is not that brutal. I mean I'll keep Romulan and I will surely get curious again one day, but #4 was not really a pleasant experience.
Also interesting for me was how much stronger she got in the last 2 weeks. I smoked a sample two weeks earlier when it looked really nice already - a big difference. I am not new to late harvesting, I have seen was it does to the effects, but here it was wild.
I don't ever want to get used to such weed again, I know that happens to me quite easily. After 2 weeks you get so used to the dosage and the brutal high you don't want a Sativa anymore.

Romulan is maybe the best weed for people with a high tolerance but not for softies like me.

Romulan bud - Kopie.jpg

Have pity on me, I just lit the pipe with #2.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Romulan #4 (harvested on day 69 after 12/12) got to the test yesterday - but it's far too strong for me.
So strong I was sure I am going to quit smoking weed today.
The high is surprisingly clear, you can sit and type, but your arms feel too shaky. Pressure is building up in your eyes and your head. Your thoughts start wandering, reading or watching a good demanding movie is quite impossible.
I mean it's a real good smoke first, the taste is great, the smell is great - very fresh, pine tree plus fresh things like eukalyptus, and some almost skunky smell is in the room, when you have left the bag open.

I'll give Romulan #2 one try today, maybe she is not that brutal. I mean I'll keep Romulan and I will surely get curious again one day, but #4 was not really a pleasant experience.
Also interesting for me was how much stronger she got in the last 2 weeks. I smoked a sample two weeks earlier when it looked really nice already - a big difference. I am not new to late harvesting, I have seen was it does to the effects, but here it was wild.
I don't ever want to get used to such weed again, I know that happens to me quite easily. After 2 weeks you get so used to the dosage and the brutal high you don't want a Sativa anymore.

Romulan is maybe the best weed for people with a high tolerance but not for softies like me.

View attachment 18957216

Have pity on me, I just lit the pipe with #2.
Well you got me curious about exploring the line. The second communion pheno ended up being pretty tasty but the weight was horrible. Your phenos sound interesting to me as I’m a big Sativa guy.

I have 8 of the little Romulans going so I’m glad to hear some positive reports. What was the yield like?

Perdido

#2 wasn't that hard but still too hard! Now I have to go back to #4 again, see if it's true ...
Test smoking is serious business.
The yield was okay, plus 50 Gram per plant which fits 12 x sqm. Can't say exactly because of the seeded branches, which I harvested later. It could yield more, i switched too early.

CrushnYuba

I never got my romulan cut back! Had the original cut and it was great. Dark heart was supposed to be selling it. It never happened or i missed it. How do i get my rom cut back?

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I never got my romulan cut back! Had the original cut and it was great. Dark heart was supposed to be selling it. It never happened or i missed it. How do i get my rom cut back?
Well you would have to go through his S1s or Bx1s and find a keeper or wait for some else to reproduce some stock. I’ll have some seed from this next run by early summer technically but it will be mostly for breeding stock. Some friends and I are taking the nicest Romulan male and then crossing it to a sweet Oregon Blueberry female (Old DJ cut) which will eventually be available for seed. That should have some fun phenos to pick through.

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I will say, if anyone orders Romulan genetics stock they should go through his website. My 12 pack went mutant and they replaced it no questions asked. The most recent batch is currently germinating with 5/6 tails showing in under four days

Prs2xs

I ordered mine through Mandala - I am confident that they would stand behind the product if any problem. Rom Gen will not ship to Canada unfortunately

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I ordered mine through Mandala - I am confident that they would stand behind the product if any problem. Rom Gen will not ship to Canada unfortunately
Wait…he won’t ship to Canada? I thought he was Canadian himself and the strain is originally from up there.

I don’t really have any experience with Mandala but I just put an order in a few weeks ago for like 200$ and am still waiting. Something about postal delays the last time I checked but they seem legit either way

Prs2xs

Wait…he won’t ship to Canada? I thought he was Canadian himself and the strain is originally from up there.

I don’t really have any experience with Mandala but I just put an order in a few weeks ago for like 200$ and am still waiting. Something about postal delays the last time I checked but they seem legit either way
It's been a while since I tried ordering from Rom Gen- last year I think- they would not ship to Canada, so I have been using Mandala (awesome service).

Dankdad64

Most certainly friend! If you have Romulan Bx1s going, keep this thread updated with your progress I would love to see it. The more reviews for a cultivator the better.

In fact I would love to see more.
I have the Romulan Bx1 going into flower at a month and a half acting like a auto_On 18 hrs....Help

Dankdad64

I will say, if anyone orders Romulan genetics stock they should go through his website. My 12 pack went mutant and they replaced it no questions asked. The most recent batch is currently germinating with 5/6 tails showing in under four days
Did it flower early, started at about a month and a half on its own.Wjay did yours do?

Dankdad64

I had bad ones too.

Dankdad64

I’m headed to bed at the moment but post some pics and some details about the grow conditions. Super interesting @Dankdad64
A pretty decent room, they replaced seeds.Im keeping them going. I'm on 18 hrs and have autos (Walter White) 4 and 4 Romulan. You can not mix the 2 plants up. I was told it's my fault.... believe me I have a lot tied up in this room and did not mess up. My autos are not flowering just Romulan. About a month and a half old. 2- 720 watt full spectrum lights. G Floor Horticultural flooring.A actual built grow room.

Attachments

• PXL_20240312_000524998.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240312_000524998.MP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20240312_000512582.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240312_000512582.MP.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20240312_000246088.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240312_000246088.MP.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240311_011836879.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240311_011836879.MP.jpg