What's new

Post your Reviews of Romulan Genetics, Romulan BX1

Perdido

My 3 Romulan Ladies are still looking strong and healthy, its day 45 after switching, and it looks like two more weeks ...
The trichs are something, he?

20240108_Romulan_02 med.jpg

20240108_Romulan 2, 4_02 med.jpg

20240108_Romulan 2, 4_med.jpg

Abdthi1966

Premium user
My 3 Romulan Ladies are still looking strong and healthy, its day 45 after switching, and it looks like two more weeks ...
The trichs are something, he?

View attachment 18943791

View attachment 18943789

View attachment 18943790
It looks great thus far. On another note, thats a pretty thick canopy, do you personally defoliate at all during flowering? I’m just curious what the little buds inside the canopy look like. I had some pretty obnoxious fan leaves from the communion that I had to trim occasionally which looks alittle like yours. Communion is a Romulan offspring so it makes me wonder. I’ll be popping ten of mine the tuesday after next. So I’ll try and liven this thread up at some point haha. Thanks for updating.

Perdido

I’ll be popping ten of mine the tuesday after next. So I’ll try and liven this thread up at some point haha.
Cool, I'll be watching!
thats a pretty thick canopy, do you personally defoliate at all during flowering?
Only once in the second week of flowering. But yeah, after that I left them to themselves. Also I want to see their different phenoes.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Cool, I'll be watching!

Only once in the second week of flowering. But yeah, after that I left them to themselves. Also I want to see their different phenoes.
Right on. That’s one of the reasons I’m looking forward to open pollinating all ten. They will only be three gallon pots most likely but I should get a ton of seeds for varying projects, including some future pheno hunting.

OleReynard

I picked up these seeds for a steep price after drooling over the pictures they have and reading some of Jakes stuff on the forums. I’m actually growing two of his communion right now, and they are putting off an interesting putrid smell at the moment which is a pretty decent sign of quality.

Anyways, I’ve looked around for a while and can’t seem to find any specific grow reports on the BX1 and was curious if anyone’s grown it. If I’m going to pop then I’m going to have to run males for seed as well (due to the price of course) and want to make sure it’s worth the time right now. Thanks for the input.
Where'd these come from, I've been looking for some

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Where'd these come from, I've been looking for some
Romulan Genetics, you can buy them straight from the breeder on his website. On another note, there is still limited info in my opinion, though I will say there have been some encouraging reports from exoticrobotic thus far, and we should get a smoke report from perdido soon. Personally I would just wait before spending the 150$ until there’s a few consistent reports. That’s just my two cents.

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Nice mate, looking wicked. This is a smidge off topic but check out this communion (week or so left) from the same breeder. It even has some Romulan in the lineage. Yield isn’t exceptional but it’s smells tasty, like grapes and sweet tarts.

Attachments

• IMG_7080.jpeg
    IMG_7080.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7051.jpeg
    IMG_7051.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62

exoticrobotic

Here is my favourite from the Romulan f2s.

It grew most like the mother with largest calyxes ( mother looked a lot like yours @Perdido ). Probably the smallest yielding out of the F2s but ready 1 or 2 weeks earlier than the others. It went pink towards the end.

IMG_2561.jpg

Here's a small lower bud from her. Nice slightly sour lemon taste.

Instant mood elevation and grin. Nice and up.

IMG_2723.jpg

Have smoked a lot of her, luckily found 1 seed in a bud.

A Romulan BX1 F2 S1 :dance013:

:rasta:

Last edited:

Perdido

communion
Now, thats a nice plant.
Cool to introduce her here.
I am curious for a smoke report too, the advertisement of this Romulan descendant is promising (as always): "Deep relaxation without sleepiness or lethargy. A calm and comforting dulling of your senses, coupled with a sensational euphoria that feels a bit like visiting Nirvana."
my favourite from the Romulan f2s
beautiful bud structure.
And it went pink, really?
Have you kept cuttings?

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Now, thats a nice plant.
Cool to introduce her here.
I am curious for a smoke report too, the advertisement of this Romulan descendant is promising (as always): "Deep relaxation without sleepiness or lethargy. A calm and comforting dulling of your senses, coupled with a sensational euphoria that feels a bit like visiting Nirvana."

beautiful bud structure.
And it went pink, really?
Have you kept cuttings?
I’ll keep ya updated brother. If I like it enough I might explore Bx-ing the line since I’m open pollinating a bunch of Romulan next round anyways.

I might try a reveg on this mother but if not I’ll save some rom male pollen then seek out the best male from the F1s to cross back to original Communion stock. I think you could get close and create a regular seed version that people would like.

exoticrobotic

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Do you have something to look at the trichomes? They look great but I’m having the same thing with my communion gal from the same company. Everything looks ripe and ready and ten weeks but I’m still cloudy. I spent like 20 bucks on a little wifi camera that’s helped me look at them. Otherwise they look dank brotha

Attachments

• 2024-01-20-12-09-23-839.jpeg
    2024-01-20-12-09-23-839.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 2024-01-19-15-13-27-839.jpeg
    2024-01-19-15-13-27-839.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Fisnished or not?
Romulan Genetics says 10 weeks flowering time.
I am at 58 days.
Isn't this one fully ripe?
Whats your opinion?

View attachment 18949482

View attachment 18949483

Only one lady out of three is a bit later, but she suffered from broad mite at the time of the switch

View attachment 18949486
Isn

It looks ripeish :biggrin: , but you're at just over 8 weeks flower at day 58 and the description says 10 weeks.

I had one that looked ready at 8 weeks ( the pic above ) but the rest of the f2s all took 10 weeks.

I left the one that looked ready in 8 weeks for 2 extra weeks so i could chop them all at the same time and it did swell a bit from there.

i'd wait another 2 weeks :biggrin:

Nice flowers :rasta:

Perdido

it did swell a bit from there.

i'd wait another 2 weeks :biggrin:
That came just in time!
I am on my way from work to my Groom and was about to MAYBE cut it down.
The breeders had this plants for years and they seem serious, so ten weeks they should take.
It's my first indoor grow since the nineties and I don't remember myself being so indecisive.
But it's fun anyhow.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I know that feeling man I’ve been itching to cut this communion girl town man but I don’t want to miss out

Abdthi1966

Premium user
@Perdido hey man how are the girls?

Quick update on the Romulan germination. Only got 8 out of 12 seeds. Two mutants didn’t survive the initial crack and the others didn’t come up. Had a great set up as well, so that’s alittle disappointing. But who knows how old the stock is or how well it was kept. I’m hoping for 4 and 4 and get a nice variety for the open pollination run.

Attachments

• IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited: