What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Reviews of Romulan Genetics, Romulan BX1

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I picked up these seeds for a steep price after drooling over the pictures they have and reading some of Jakes stuff on the forums. I’m actually growing two of his communion right now, and they are putting off an interesting putrid smell at the moment which is a pretty decent sign of quality.

Anyways, I’ve looked around for a while and can’t seem to find any specific grow reports on the BX1 and was curious if anyone’s grown it. If I’m going to pop then I’m going to have to run males for seed as well (due to the price of course) and want to make sure it’s worth the time right now. Thanks for the input.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I picked up these seeds for a steep price after drooling over the pictures they have and reading some of Jakes stuff on the forums. I’m actually growing two of his communion right now, and they are putting off an interesting putrid smell at the moment which is a pretty decent sign of quality.

Anyways, I’ve looked around for a while and can’t seem to find any specific grow reports on the BX1 and was curious if anyone’s grown it. If I’m going to pop then I’m going to have to run males for seed as well (due to the price of course) and want to make sure it’s worth the time right now. Thanks for the input.
Maybe you can tell us more about those strains. I'm interested too.

exoticrobotic

I’ve looked around for a while and can’t seem to find any specific grow reports on the BX1

I grew five of his BX1 under leds in a cold November last year. I got one female and four males.

She stalled due to the cold but i got 1/2 oz of seeded bud from her.

The BX1 bud was nice enough to convince me to grow out the F2s.

Not a BX1 grow but here's a link to a BX1 F2 grow https://www.icmag.com/threads/just-a-quickie-jakes-romulan-bx1-f2.18128070/

I'm about to screen sieve a bud of it :smoker:

Abdthi1966

Premium user

The quotes are meant to signify that this is not a true backcross. Using clone cut F1 Romulan female (kept alive and in Romulan Genetics family since the 90's) and crossing it to a male Romulan F4, the newest version of Romulan "Bx1" has been bred.

The goal was to slightly improve both versions while meshing them together in one cultivar. The result is beyond Romulan Genetics expectations. If you've grown regular seed Romulan, clone cut, or S1 seeds, you will find these are better in every way. In some ways it's subtle, but others are more drastic.

Romulan is extremely potent, with an excellent trichome production. Excellent bag appeal, and is very pungent.

It is a very easy strain to grow overall, fairly resistant to most issues growers deal with.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Nice just brother. Those looks cool. I was thinking growing Spanish queen and Romulan together

exoticrobotic

I picked up these seeds for a steep price after drooling over the pictures they have and reading some of Jakes stuff on the forums.

They work well for anti anxiety, stress and pain relief and it's a fun high.

Yeah, they're expensive but i suppose a lot of work and time has gone into preserving them and bringing them to us to grow.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
They work well for anti anxiety, stress and pain relief and it's a fun high.

Yeah, they're expensive but i suppose a lot of work and time has gone into preserving them and bringing them to us to grow.
The communion are only in week three of flower but they are looking good. I pollinated one of them with a destroyer x jarillo pollen for fun as well. The two communion are in front.

Don’t get me wrong I’m fine with paying for good seeds, I just kind of bought them impulsively without much research. Seems like the consensus is positive thus far. I’m just surprised there aren’t more diary’s around.

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpeg
    IMG_6817.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 76

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Hi, I am trying.
2023 I tried to make a selection outdoors - only two males were worth keeping. All females had bad luck.
Now I am trying them indoors to find the motherplants and reproduce my own stash of Romulan seeds.
Pictures from Day 33 from the latest batch of Romulan "Bx1" Standard.

View attachment 18938914

View attachment 18938915

View attachment 18938916
Thanks for the pics mate, hopefully the seed run is successful for you. I would love to hear about the smoke when you’re done. I will be open pollinating some next grow myself.

Great looking plants @Perdido

If they're as good as the f2s i grew you'll be nicely satisfied. They are a solidly potent smoke.

Not knock your socks off potent but enough to satisfy a chain smoking long time stoner :rasta:

They really start to bulk up after the 5 weeks mark.

I'm glad i've got another 5 of the bx1s left.
Hey Exotic, did you find the whole, “ceiling-less effect”, to be accurate in the smoke?

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
This thread is shaping up to be a proper review for the strain with three plus reviews and mine coming up next year. I appreciate these specific threads for helping people making informed decisions. Personally, it’s good to have a lot of info if you’re spending 150$ on ten seeds. Not that I didn’t buy them blindly to begin with but that’s not that point of the matter haha.

If there are any other consumers out there who’ve grown this please come and share!