What's new

Pose2B clone grow by Onavelzy

onavelzy

Veteran
Just advice on whether the plants looked ok to start flush or not. I went ahead and did it a couple of days ago.

onavelzy

Veteran
you got good frosty flowers...you done good!

Thx Star. I'm happy with how it's gone. I was sure I'd screw it up some where along the way, but there haven't been any non-recoverable incidents. Just a few more weeks: flush, dry, cure, then see what it turned out to be

onavelzy

Veteran
Day 60

Day 60

I'm sorry for not updating more. I've been tied up trying to get my next round of plants, up potted, cloned and sexed.

There's not a whole lot going on with the plants being flushed in the tent right now (about day 9 of flush). The Adubbs show the most overt fade. The GG4's have shown the least color change. I added in a chelating agent to the reservoir to see if it would help leech any residual nutes from the coco.

I'll put up a couple of pics. I'll try and do a more complete update on Monday.

Here's the current canopy view:

picture.php

Adub part of the tent

picture.php

A GG4 shot

picture.php

Kaya, she doesn't look that dark in real life but always seems darker in the pics

picture.php

A Dubtech 7 cola

picture.php

I had to start stringing up branches and heads because the weight of the heads were making them bend down and sometimes pulled a head out of the net.

All right, it's late and I have a long day tomorrow, so I'll be back in a couple of days.

Take care,

Ona

onavelzy

Veteran
Day 62, first cut: F' it, it was sumpin to do

Day 62, first cut: F' it, it was sumpin to do

We took down the first plant today, one of the Adubs.

My son had first honors:

picture.php

Everyone else was convinced it was time because of the degree of leaf color change. I asked them to check trichomes for me (i'm color blind and my resolution ain't that great either). They're looking with their naked eyes and going "yeah, there's lots of amber here." They just want to smoke some free pot, lol.

Here's the initial pile of limbs, pre wet trim of the larger leaves

picture.php

here's the line up after the initial wet trim by my better half, who it turns helped pay her way through college trimming on the Big Island many years ago.

picture.php

I need to get squared up with trimming gears. Wasn't really planning on doing anything until later this week but they really wanted to do something so I said F' it and gave the lad the scissors.

He took one of the fresh cut secondary buds over to his LAN party tonight. That should be fun to try and light up

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Looking great Ona... Your in for a treat my friend.... Nothing beats smoking your own... It's truly a rewarding experience.... Just try not to go as far overboard as I have....... I'm smoking myself silly...

onavelzy

Veteran
Thx Aspen.

I hadn't seen you around the site as much. I figured you've been busy with the new projects.

Go on and get silly with it. That's why you grew it right? Make it last until the next crop come out though!

onavelzy

Veteran
Day 64, All good things come to an end

Day 64, All good things come to an end

We took down three more plants last night and I've decided to pull the remaining two tonight. The Kaya and the smaller of the two GG4's hadn't changed color much but I need to move on and put some other plants in the tent as soon as possible.

Even without a lot of yellowing, there has been some leaf loss due to drying out so I figure they're pretty close. I think all of the strains are typically 63 day plants and these were grown under a CMH bulb, so I'll take the risk on the last two and pull them

Here's the harvest so far:

picture.php

The GG4 was a slap in the face reality check:

picture.php

I've seen dandelions with bigger heads. I'm really disappointed with what I have so far but, they survived, so I'm not pulling out hair or sacrificing first born sons (yet).

The Adubs did good work, compared to the rest

picture.php

The Dubtech 7:

picture.php

Lol, it was a funky looking plant from early veg and remained so through to harvest. Bulky looking heads but very airy and leafy unfortunately

I still have the smaller of the two GG4's. The heads may be bigger than the other GG4 though. We'll see tonight.

The Kaya, a gift from my first get together with the San Diego's Finest Cuts crew, is definitely turning real dark now. Some yellowing too but the main suggestion of being done is there's a fair amount of dried out leaves in there. If it's not right, I've got some clone backups, so I will definitely run it again.

Had fun the last two nights pulling these. Got the fam involved. By yesterday,though, my oldest had had enough. She texted from her room in the other end of the house that the smell was becoming overwhelming and she was starting to get nauseated. We were all like,

tumblr_inline_olcqweC5Ur1tmey96_500.gif

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Looking good sir. I'm surprised that your kids have a problem with the smell - I would have used it as a cologne as a teen / twenty something if I was given the chance.:laughing:

What is your lighting regimen in flower? I ask cause the Malawi(and all sats for that matter) will tend to do better in 11/13 as 12/12 usually means extended flowering times.

Another thing to consider is the huge difference in size / vigor of the Malawi. You may want to divide your screen into two heights or put your hybrids / indicas on platforms (paint cans, buckets, 4x4s etc) so they don't get dwarfed by the mammoth plants you're about to be dealing with.

onavelzy

Veteran
What is your lighting regimen in flower? I ask cause the Malawi(and all sats for that matter) will tend to do better in 11/13 as 12/12 usually means extended flowering times.

for my currently flowering clones, I used a DE 630 CMH bulb and ran it 12/12.

For the Malawi and Yeti Fuel seedings (the latter a Loompa cross of his headband with AJ's ECSD), I have vegged under 24/d of the LED bulbs.

I planned on going 12/12 while I see how the two strains grow and stretch in flower phase. Right now, they have fairly equal vigor and height. If anything, the Yeti's have been more robust. But then again, they aren't showing any signs of mag def, etc.

Another thing to consider is the huge difference in size / vigor of the Malawi. You may want to divide your screen into two heights or put your hybrids / indicas on platforms (paint cans, buckets, 4x4s etc) so they don't get dwarfed by the mammoth plants you're about to be dealing with.

I know Malawis can explode but I already made the mistake of starting these two strains together instead of going monocrop. I'll just see to what degree i can suppress excessive growth with LST, B&D and non-stop recordings of Yanni concerts from youtube.

I also don't yet have sex showing on the cuts I put into 12/12. If I get high %'s of females from these 12 plants, I might need some adoption help.

Rather than use a net, I'm considering using one kind of cage or another per plant. B4URTIME used peony stands for each pot in his ridiculous GG4 room.

picture.php

picture.php

I'd probably need to figure out how to do a second layer, maybe use a tomato cage that is taller

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice Terpene. SDFC's rock!

Ona

Last edited:

saitama

Bang up job for a first grow man. You should be proud of yourself. My first grow was with gg4 and it wasnt even smokable. Had to process it all.

onavelzy

Veteran
Bang up job for a first grow man. You should be proud of yourself. My first grow was with gg4 and it wasnt even smokable. Had to process it all.

Thank you Saitama. I don't know what these will end up like in terms of smokeability but we'll find out. As I said in your thread, if I could grow like you are doing, I would be proud as all get out. You and the other master growers here help make it so much easier for new folks like me to succeed.

Ona

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
for my currently flowering clones, I used a DE 630 CMH bulb and ran it 12/12.

For the Malawi and Yeti Fuel seedings (the latter a Loompa cross of his headband with AJ's ECSD), I have vegged under 24/d of the LED bulbs.

I planned on going 12/12 while I see how the two strains grow and stretch in flower phase. Right now, they have fairly equal vigor and height. If anything, the Yeti's have been more robust. But then again, they aren't showing any signs of mag def, etc.

I know Malawis can explode but I already made the mistake of starting these two strains together instead of going monocrop. I'll just see to what degree i can suppress excessive growth with LST, B&D and non-stop recordings of Yanni concerts from youtube.

I also don't yet have sex showing on the cuts I put into 12/12. If I get high %'s of females from these 12 plants, I might need some adoption help.

Rather than use a net, I'm considering using one kind of cage or another per plant.

I'd probably need to figure out how to do a second layer, maybe use a tomato cage that is taller

Nothing wrong with ditching the monocrop scene. :biggrin: 12/12 will work, but because sativas only see 13/11 to 11/13 swing through the year, you can expect more stretch and roughly 1-2 week longer flowering times (probably closer to 1 week longer with Malawi as its been pretty well tamed).

Tomato cage scrogs are how I got started! :) They are the way to go for small lights and trying to contain stretch. They also give you a little more maneuverability if you have to move things for different height plants / spraying / etc. I probably have some old ones lying around if you want them.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hey Ona
Looking good. I know you've been trying to figure out timing for harvest. I applaud you pulling the trigger. Not because I can tell your herb is perfectly ready but because you've made a decision....you'll learn from it good or bad. I'm willing to bet that everything you've grown will get you lifted. There will almost certainly be room for improvement but from the looks of what you've shown you could have done a hell of a lot worse.
As long as you avoided (and continue to avoid through the drying process) molds/ mildews, and didn't load your girls up with chemicals I would rather smoke your herb than something from a dispensary. I'd know your herb was grown with care!

B4URTIME

Ona I have made some that worked well for me also using cpvc for the screens and just used a single piece of pvc with a t fitting on the end as a stake in the pot for the top scrog screen to attach to.

Here are some photo's if you wanna go that route, for me I need to be able to get in and around plants if I need to and that means keeping them isolated from each other. But here are some photo's these worked the same way as the peonies. But use one central stake instead of 3 stakes.

Here are some pics to show how I done them. They held up and worked out fine for me, I still have them and will use them again in the future.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

picture.php

picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
Ona I have made some that worked well for me also using cpvc for the screens and just used a single piece of pvc with a t fitting on the end as a stake in the pot for the top scrog screen to attach to.

Here are some photo's if you wanna go that route, for me I need to be able to get in and around plants if I need to and that means keeping them isolated from each other. But here are some photo's these worked the same way as the peonies. But use one central stake instead of 3 stakes.

Here are some pics to show how I done them. They held up and worked out fine for me, I still have them and will use them again in the future.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

B4, I totally forgot you used those in your prior grows. I remember thinking one day as I was pretzled under my netting how much I wanted something just like that. That particular approach with the central pvc support stem won't work for me this grow as I'm already a couple of months out from seed and into my final pots but next time I go up from a 1 gallon or less, I'll give that a try . In the mean time, I'll try to think of ways of to employ similar 'per pot scrogs;

Latest posts

Latest posts