What's new

Portable Dabs

A6 Grower

Veteran
ss mesh tastes like shit, never tried ceramic.

i like using multiple thin wires twisted into one, then use that twisted wire to make a coil, it greatly increases surface area, and creates cavities for the warm oil to capillary into.

Temp control is key with the ss mesh, but i will say i like the FC2000 ceramic wicks way more. They hold A LOT of oil and have almost no taste when ran dry.

There's some cheap temp control mods coming out, you can get a 50w temp control for ~$35. Pair that with some titanium wire and ceramic wick and you've got an awesome pen that anyone can get a good hit off of. No more pulsing the button or getting hot burnt hits when it runs dry.

A6 Grower

Veteran
The w9 alpha centauri is the shit. worth the $60 no problem since it comes with all the extra shit like glass top and non glass top, dual ti and single ti coil, and a ceramic donut atty that's kinda cool and tastes awesome!

Wallsberry

No ohm meter needed with most of the new regulated battery mods. The battery automatically detects ohm level of the coil(s) and adjust's wattage/voltage accordingly. Eleaf makes some real nice batteries. Istick they are called. They go from a 10w model, all the way up to 100w model. I have the 30 w, and it works great. Big fat death stokes. Take too many, and it's nap time, lol.

Which regulated battery mods do you suggest?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Which regulated battery mods do you suggest?

It was in the post of mine you quoted, lol. I have a eleaf istick 30 watt. They make a 40 watt temp control, a 50 watt, and a 100 watt model.

The new 100 watt model is made so you can carry a spare 18650 battery around and swap it out if you forget to charge. It has pass thru charging as well.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
What kind of rda do you use?

Right now I think I have a " Fat Boy" . Any of them will do the trick. I usually try and find atty's with 4 posts and allen wrench heads(instead of Phillips head). The coils you use/make are what make the difference in atty's as far as I'm concerned.

Wallsberry

Right now I think I have a " Fat Boy" . Any of them will do the trick. I usually try and find atty's with 4 posts and allen wrench heads(instead of Phillips head). The coils you use/make are what make the difference in atty's as far as I'm concerned.

How many ohm's should you run your coils at?

Wallsberry

Can someone help me out just bought a segelei 100w and the RDA I baught came with prebuilt coils but the wax just keeps sliding off and not really getting a good hit? What am I doing wrong here?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I run my coil at about .5-.6 ohms. I could have 2 coil's , but one works fine. I use my own homemade version of "Clapton coils" .

I take some coil wire(I bought a re-build kit, with 5 sizes of wire) and twist two pieces of wire together(It's now braided wire). I take that wire and wrap it around the smallest copper pin that came with the rebuild kit. Usually between 6-7 wraps. This type of coil allows for the greatest amount of surface area for the wax/bho.

Then I usually try and have the coil sit as close to the deck as I can. When I put the atty on the battery, it tells me the ohm level of the coil. Wattage can be adjusted from there. Usually I run between 20-24 watts.

I scrape some wax onto the coil, put the top on, and as soon as I hit the trigger, I'm drawing on the mouth piece. Usually can get 2 hits before I have to reload. Here's a few pics I just snapped. What you see, I just vaped, and now I'm high as fuck.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Wallsberry

I run my coil at about .5-.6 ohms. I could have 2 coil's , but one works fine. I use my own homemade version of "Clapton coils" .

I take some coil wire(I bought a re-build kit, with 5 sizes of wire) and twist two pieces of wire together(It's now braided wire). I take that wire and wrap it around the smallest copper pin that came with the rebuild kit. Usually between 6-7 wraps. This type of coil allows for the greatest amount of surface area for the wax/bho.

Then I usually try and have the coil sit as close to the deck as I can. When I put the atty on the battery, it tells me the ohm level of the coil. Wattage can be adjusted from there. Usually I run between 20-24 watts.

I scrape some wax onto the coil, put the top on, and as soon as I hit the trigger, I'm drawing on the mouth piece. Usually can get 2 hits before I have to reload. Here's a few pics I just snapped. What you see, I just vaped, and now I'm high as fuck.

View Image

View Image

View Image

I ordered my wire so when it gets here I will start building coils. In the mean time are there any RDA's out there that use pre built coils and arn't a piece of shit?

Also I've seen of some of these forums people talking about mixing concentrates with vape juice and putting it in a tank style rda, have you tried this? Is it a effective way to dab discretely instead of packing hit every time?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I ordered my wire so when it gets here I will start building coils. In the mean time are there any RDA's out there that use pre built coils and arn't a piece of shit?

Also I've seen of some of these forums people talking about mixing concentrates with vape juice and putting it in a tank style rda, have you tried this? Is it a effective way to dab discretely instead of packing hit every time?

You can buy pre-made coils on ebay. I would recommend "Clapton coils" . From what I have read, you can use PEG-400 to mix BHO into a solution that works in a tank.

It's a little bit of work. Pretty sure the bho has to be de-carbed, and heated when making the mix. I think there is a recipe here in the concentrate forum.

Here's a link to a basic tutorial: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309918

Last edited:

Wallsberry

You can buy pre-made coils on ebay. I would recommend "Clapton coils" . From what I have read, you can use PEG-400 to mix BHO into a solution that works in a tank.

It's a little bit of work. Pretty sure the bho has to be de-carbed, and heated when making the mix. I think there is a recipe here in the concentrate forum.

Here's a link to a basic tutorial: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309918

Do you know of anything that's similar to the Hercules that can hold up to a gram and not clog up but is also compatible with a sigelei 100w?

TheArchitect

Veteran
you're not going to get a usable peg/bho emulsion without a 700 dollar homogenizer even then you'll run into issues with how strong it can be made, as for being able to hold any significant amount of oil to avoid reloading every hit or two, you're out of luck again.

this is a tool for dabbing on the go without a torch and glass, if you want discreet puffs of oil without having to refill every hit get a g pen or equivalent, you can buy components and make your own g-pen style device, but you'll never get a fat satisfying dab size rip.

Wallsberry

So will a dab tool burn a coil out? Just made my first coil .5 ohms running it at like 25 watts and it burned out after like one hit, my mod just kept saying check atomizer

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
So will a dab tool burn a coil out? Just made my first coil .5 ohms running it at like 25 watts and it burned out after like one hit, my mod just kept saying check atomizer

As long your not firing the battery at the same time your dab tool is touching it, I doubt it would even fire with the tool touching it. That might be the reason it's telling you to check it, because of a short inside the atty. You might have part of the coil touching the side of the atty, or the bottom of the atty.

Wallsberry

As long your not firing the battery at the same time your dab tool is touching it, I doubt it would even fire with the tool touching it. That might be the reason it's telling you to check it, because of a short inside the atty. You might have part of the coil touching the side of the atty, or the bottom of the atty.

Ok any tips for how to keep less from Hitting the deck.. Would steel mesh help? I currently have tornado looking coil that opens up at the top and pack dabs into

Wallsberry

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I use one of the copper rods that came with a coil re-build kit I bought, to keep the coil(s) "floating" . That second pic looks like it has a burnt spot on the coil. Maybe that is the problem? Maybe the funnel shape of the coil caused a short ? Just a guess on that. I usually have cylinder shaped coils.

You put wax on that coil, and after you hit it, the oil ended up on the other side of the atty? I usually try and position it, so that the coil sits flat, and on the bottom towards my thumb when I fire it. With some of the holes in the atty cover right by where the coil is. then the oil falls down thru the coil when I fire. Don't know if all that make sense to you, sometimes I type things out how I think , instead of in understandable terms, lol.

Wallsberry

I use one of the copper rods that came with a coil re-build kit I bought, to keep the coil(s) "floating" . That second pic looks like it has a burnt spot on the coil. Maybe that is the problem? Maybe the funnel shape of the coil caused a short ? Just a guess on that. I usually have cylinder shaped coils.

You put wax on that coil, and after you hit it, the oil ended up on the other side of the atty? I usually try and position it, so that the coil sits flat, and on the bottom towards my thumb when I fire it. With some of the holes in the atty cover right by where the coil is. then the oil falls down thru the coil when I fire. Don't know if all that make sense to you, sometimes I type things out how I think , instead of in understandable terms, lol.

No that was from when I first bought the rda it had a coil in it and I tried it, and it sucked. So I built my own and it hits like a champ, I know what your saying it really does matter how your coil is set up in relation to how you hold it, I tilt my back just a little and it funnels down the coil for a fat dab. Might have to try one of those copper rods. What's is the best way to clean the deck??

Latest posts

Latest posts