What's new

Portable Dabs

mk6

What works best in these mods? Shatter? Crumble?

I find crumble works best for me, I use a sego single coil glass globe on my Innokin iTaste SVD Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod
thats a mouth full lol

anyways I say its the right extract/product with the right device, bho oil/tar will only frustrate you, cuz it will clog up your coil, and you cant pack these things like bowl, cuz again it will clog... I put a good size dab in, get a few strong puffs and then pop in another... fkn love it...

picture.php

Wallsberry

I find crumble works best for me, I use a sego single coil glass globe on my Innokin iTaste SVD Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod
thats a mouth full lol

anyways I say its the right extract/product with the right device, bho oil/tar will only frustrate you, cuz it will clog up your coil, and you cant pack these things like bowl, cuz again it will clog... I put a good size dab in, get a few strong puffs and then pop in another... fkn love it...

View Image

Do you have to build your own coils with the glass globe? If so does it hit as fat?

Wallsberry

I am now using a Stillare v3 (triple coil) and went with a regulated mod which takes an 18650 battery still. The mod is an Ehpro SPD A5. With 3 coils, it comes out to about .22 ohms

I run it at about 40 watts. I started liking the regulated mods better because you can really control the heat output and not cross the line into bad flavor if you don't pulse the button good enough on a mechanical.

With the ehpro spd a5 do you still need the separate battery charger even though you can charge via usb?

flatslabs

You can definitely charge off the usb, so I wouldn't say one is needed but I can't give you a good review of the charging as other than testing it once or twice I don't use it.

I have a couple flashlights that take 18650s so when my mod gets low it is easier for me to just grab a fresh battery off the charger and swap them out.

The SPD A5 also has temperature control, but I have read some things about overheating nickel and titanium coils releasing byproducts so I haven't really got into those yet as the kanthal is working pretty well for me.

mk6

Do you have to build your own coils with the glass globe? If so does it hit as fat?
no...
glassglobe "c" is a sego product, the kit is like 15bucks they screw on a lot of different mods too... you can get them on fleBay then buy some extra glass globes separate, I get a 5 pack for 15, cuz your gona drop n break the glass at some point lol I used too a lot, now I'm more careful... as well buy extra coils they burn out or after a few months or just get clogged up from product... all can be found on fleebay ... cheap.

XREXRE

Wallsberry,

Just thought I'd mention, while those glass globes work fine they can't handle anywhere near the power, and therefore won't put out hits anywhere near as big as you can get with an RDA and custom coil.

Good for a portable way to consume concentrate, but if your looking for something that compares to fat dabs with a rig it won't be up to the job.

You can find pre-made twisted and clapton wire, and actually pre-made fancy coils on ebay if you are worried about the learning curve involved with building this stuff. Then you just mount your coils, fire a few times to make sure everything lights up well, and you're good to go.

Wallsberry

You can definitely charge off the usb, so I wouldn't say one is needed but I can't give you a good review of the charging as other than testing it once or twice I don't use it.

I have a couple flashlights that take 18650s so when my mod gets low it is easier for me to just grab a fresh battery off the charger and swap them out.

The SPD A5 also has temperature control, but I have read some things about overheating nickel and titanium coils releasing byproducts so I haven't really got into those yet as the kanthal is working pretty well for me.

I've really been looking into the spd a5, probably what I'm going to end up going with. I noticed on the display it shows how many ohms you put out so my question is would you still need the ohm meter?

And also I keep seeing for experienced vapers only on all these sites, what does that mean? Do I really need to be an expert to use one these mods? And what makes them so harmful if you use it wrong? (Sorry I'm new to the mod game)

I was wondering how many hits you usually get between charges.

Thanks

goolash

one of the things i hated with all the different prefab pens i've bought was not being able to get a big hit. I couldn't figure out why, until one day a buddy drilled a hole in his stag skillet. I tried hitting it and got way fatter blasts than before. Then recently i see source orb has some airflow holes in their new pens, so i just ordered a few to try out. They also have quartz dual coil atomizers, and quartz in their terra atomizer now. Can't wait to try this thing because taking a mini recycler and torch in the car is annoying.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I went out and got a camera case, small dab rig, torch, silpad, and stand for the dab rig that all fits in nicely..

Now I torch dab on the go :)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've really been looking into the spd a5, probably what I'm going to end up going with. I noticed on the display it shows how many ohms you put out so my question is would you still need the ohm meter?

And also I keep seeing for experienced vapers only on all these sites, what does that mean? Do I really need to be an expert to use one these mods? And what makes them so harmful if you use it wrong? (Sorry I'm new to the mod game)

No ohm meter needed with most of the new regulated battery mods. The battery automatically detects ohm level of the coil(s) and adjust's wattage/voltage accordingly. Eleaf makes some real nice batteries. Istick they are called. They go from a 10w model, all the way up to 100w model. I have the 30 w, and it works great. Big fat death stokes. Take too many, and it's nap time, lol.

APK47

My new travel piece is a Sigelei 75W adjustable temp MOD, single battery. Coupled with a Stillare V3 RDA with a couple of twisted clapton coils.
Rips as big as you'd like. I prefer to take as long of a draw as possible at 15-20 watts. Tastes great and rips huge.
Crank it up to 60-70 to clean the coils, simply hold a paper towel next to the RDA deck and it wicks the spent oil away.
I've now put together several of these for friends. Everybody loves it

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
My new travel piece is a Sigelei 75W adjustable temp MOD, single battery. Coupled with a Stillare V3 RDA with a couple of twisted clapton coils.
Rips as big as you'd like. I prefer to take as long of a draw as possible at 15-20 watts. Tastes great and rips huge.
Crank it up to 60-70 to clean the coils, simply hold a paper towel next to the RDA deck and it wicks the spent oil away.
I've now put together several of these for friends. Everybody loves it
Id love to see a pic or two. Regarding Clapton coils...do you make them yourself or buy them ready made. I sent a bunch of time on youtube awhile back learning different setups but Claptons werent being talked about at that time

APK47

Some random pics I had. Ive tried multiple different RDA coil combos, while some work well for taste or volume, I like claptons for general use. Plus you can order them pre made which is what I did, I don't have the time or patience to twist these things.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 14

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Some random pics I had. Ive tried multiple different RDA coil combos, while some work well for taste or volume, I like claptons for general use. Plus you can order them pre made which is what I did, I don't have the time or patience to twist these things.

Very cool! Thank you:tiphat:

A6 Grower

Veteran
Hey apk, have you thought about adding SS mesh or ceramic wicks to your coils for something for the oil to soak into and keep vaping instead of just dripping off onto the deck. I have a AC cart from w9tech and the dual coil ceramic wicks hit awesome.I see you have a temp control mod, are you using the temp control?? Get some ti gr 2 wire, i guess TI is compatible with most of the temp sensing chips. I set mine at 400F and get some of the tastiest rips ive ever had. Ive got a ipv3 li battery, so far i think the temp sensor is working ok. need a temp probe to bouble check it. It does over heat when the coil runs dry but other then that it seems great.

TheArchitect

Veteran
ss mesh tastes like shit, never tried ceramic.

i like using multiple thin wires twisted into one, then use that twisted wire to make a coil, it greatly increases surface area, and creates cavities for the warm oil to capillary into.