What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Portable Dabs

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Anyone tried the ceramic wickless atomizers (the Atmos Kiln) with the mech mods?

For poops and giggles I just switched it up...
Ive been puffing on it for about 10 minutes now set up as such...

It doesn't rip as large as the coils prescribed in this thread. It lessens the force, so to speak.
But it seems like you can load it up with more concentrate payload, and take more hits before having to reload.

It definitely hits larger than any cloud or gpen or seego. To be honest, the Kiln set up on the mech mod is a way better experience over set up w the iTaste MVP for concentrates.
Its not a dab to the dome to put you to bed like hitting a red hot nail with a bowling ball dab.

But its not a soft little push either. that 18650 is under the hood, remember hahahaha

I think I kinda like it. It tamed the beast a bit. But she still growls. Wow.
Gonna be doing more research on this combination (like is it safe hahaha) because... now 20minutes into testing... this is something I think you guys should look into.

instead of taking one huge rip as i walk thru the parking venturing into costco Im thinking I can take about 35 medium range shots while I traverse the aisles. boom boom boom. AND GET HIGH. unlike the cloud/gpens.

wow.

Curious what others think....

Aloha

Just went and checked them out. For $15 it's worth a shot. IME sometimes convenience wins over hit size. Seego type attachments and RDA's both can get messy fast. These ceramic wickless seem like they would be easy to keep clean(not get messy so fast) and allow for medicating in tight spots, lol.

LostTribe

Premium user
Anyone tried the ceramic wickless atomizers (the Atmos Kiln) with the mech mods?

For poops and giggles I just switched it up...
Ive been puffing on it for about 10 minutes now set up as such...

It doesn't rip as large as the coils prescribed in this thread. It lessens the force, so to speak.
But it seems like you can load it up with more concentrate payload, and take more hits before having to reload.

It definitely hits larger than any cloud or gpen or seego. To be honest, the Kiln set up on the mech mod is a way better experience over set up w the iTaste MVP for concentrates.
Its not a dab to the dome to put you to bed like hitting a red hot nail with a bowling ball dab.

But its not a soft little push either. that 18650 is under the hood, remember hahahaha

I think I kinda like it. It tamed the beast a bit. But she still growls. Wow.
Gonna be doing more research on this combination (like is it safe hahaha) because... now 20minutes into testing... this is something I think you guys should look into.

instead of taking one huge rip as i walk thru the parking venturing into costco Im thinking I can take about 35 medium range shots while I traverse the aisles. boom boom boom. AND GET HIGH. unlike the cloud/gpens.

wow.

Curious what others think....

Aloha

I was checking those out the other day too just grabbed a digital temp control mod box and it is awesome! Thanks for the idea OOOG it showed up and its better than expected and top quality! Running at 50W with kanthal and mesh on my lil'guy rda @.23 ohms Lights quick might lower the power.

The one problem with these is that you have to reload them just like to find something like GW stated that holds up a few hits per load without making a mess and loosing concentrates in the collection bowl....

Worth a shot! Looks nice how hard can you get it to hit GW?

Just picked one up will have to test it out tomorrow my batteries are all out of juice.....

LostTribe

Premium user
I was checking those out the other day too just grabbed a digital temp control mod box and it is awesome! Thanks for the idea OOOG it showed up and its better than expected and top quality! Running at 50W with kanthal and mesh on my lil'guy rda @.23 ohms Lights quick might lower the power.

The one problem with these is that you have to reload them just like to find something like GW stated that holds up a few hits per load without making a mess and loosing concentrates in the collection bowl....

Worth a shot! Looks nice how hard can you get it to hit GW?

Just picked one up will have to test it out tomorrow my batteries are all out of juice.....

ATMOS IS SHIT!
:cuss:

2 hits and the Kiln is DEAD! at 15 watts too and barely any cloud!

What a complete waste wonder if I can get my dough back for this POS!

Sticking with my RDA's with metal coils from now on.

The ceramic disc wasn't touched and is cracked in half already......Atmos is shit. A friend tried out one of their vape pens and the coil on it broke too so I should have seen this coming. Ugggghhhhhh! 2 measly hits not even really what CHICOM crap!

updated: replacement on the way but that doesn't mean this thing is weak! says 10-15 watts must take forever to light up....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a bummer lost tribe
I've had my kiln for almost 6 months... it hadn't gotten much use until i stuck it on the nemesis the other day for poops and giggles
i was battling bronchitis and was over not being able to take bong rips so it came in mega handy for me i was so over not being able to rip like usual.
i know my kiln is from when they were first released... maybe they changed something idk
alls i know that sucks for you man
bummer
im not sure what wattage i was running mine on... just had it screwed onto the nemesis body/battery. super safe haha

anyhow i put my Omega back on and just ripped the hell out of a skunkdog mix oldhaole made. boom kanani!

aloha

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
don't know if this company has been posted here (sorry, Im not a dabber so this isnt a thread Im gonna read) but I was looking at these yesterday... might be of use to someone, or maybe someone else might know if theyre as good a quality as described in the promo videos.... the cloud looks thick to me boys....mind you, at $250 theyre a bit "spendy"

http://cloudvapes.com/store/index.php/vaporizers/cloud-electro-portable-enail

Just went and checked them out. They look really nice, and well put together. Replacement parts are relatively cheap for the electric e-nail from the link you provided. Only thing that concerns me is the battery. They don't offer the option of just the battery as a replacement part . So one would need to buy a whole other set-up if the battery shits the bed.

IMO companies that don't offer certain replacement parts, know that part is going to shit the bed before any of the other parts. So they know you need to spend the money on another whole set-up to be able to use it.

Not saying it won't work, or work well. If I had money to blow I would definitely give it a try. But to spend that kind of money on something, and not be able to buy a replacement battery is a deal breaker for me.

EastCoast710

ya and if you know anything about the company CLOUD.. the old pens fuckin sucked.. were over priced.. and the batteries fuckin sucked.. didn't hit for shit. was a waste of moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. u want portable dabs.. get a rebuildable

LostTribe

Premium user
got my replacement Atmos Kiln already turns out I turned up the wattage too high on my new TC box mod and have been using it at 12 watts with 5-6 second pulses with small clouds nice not having to pop the top and reload coils every rip!

Amos suggests 3-4 second pulls at 10-12 watts but no more than 15 watts.

At 15 watts my box increases the volts quite a bit so I am keeping it at 12 since its working.

Anyone with recommendations on cleaning off the ceramic and the coil? Wondering if a soak in iso will hurt this one....might contact atmos first don't wanna mess it up again as the disc seems fragile, beware!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Atmos RX Studio Rig

Atmos RX Studio Rig

I am picking one of these up 2moro to demo for a Friends Headshop. Got a couple of diff box mods to demo it with(not sure which yet). Anyone used it?

https://www.atmosrx.com/Studio-Rig-Attachment-System.html

I tried a Dabbie pro the other day and that was decent for a portable dab but lacks controls and battery power. I will let ya know how we get on JBo :tiphat:

Attachments

• studiorig and mod.jpg
    studiorig and mod.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 40

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone tried the source xl ,,they just released the flosstradamus,,,,the atomiser sets look decent too,,any thoughts?

is the source xl floss the best tc box mod at the min?,,, if this aint whats the one to get,,,an is it better to mix and match box mods and atomisers from different companies

https://www.sourcevapes.com/collect...1-ti-triple-coil-vape-pen?variant=14140365062

you guys seem to be ahead of the game in this department

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried the Source orb3 the other day(similar) and its decent but the orb4 and xl are sposed to be much better...Yeah get a better box mod than the source one(you can get a temperature control one for less than that price)with 510 thread(Wismec box mods are popular) and loads of atomisers and e-rigs will fit it as well as the source stuff ;)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advice bro,,

So would you not suggest using the source xl atomiser set either L,,,?,,,

The price is not a problem L ,,it's the quality of the burn / vape ,,,an if the product can stand the test of time,,,

I literally only want to buy the best set available,,price is not the problem,, I just want the best set so I don't need to be looking at others

LostTribe

Premium user
I gave up on the RDA's once I got my first ATMOS Kiln! Dropped hard and broke, REPLACED but gotta clean out the goo from the contacts on the rest of the rig before I can continue with it. Was using this regularly though totally recommend.

Also been running it on an eVIC VTC mini and love the shit out of it! Lasts forever without recharge and its super small and just great quality!

acidblue

How about a diy tank atomizer?
Messing around with SolidWorks and came up with this design, it's very simple, just 3 pieces , 4 including the mouth piece, that screw into a main section with threads on both ends.

I'm sure they are mistakes, likely the spacing on the threads might be off, made the mouth piece and bottom thread 510, (M7 x .5), which is not common, but all the drip tips and coils seem to have this thread.

Hasn't been tested as I dont have access to a CNC atm.
Any of you CNC guys out there want the specs or better yet the SoildWorks files just hit me up.

Attachments

• TankAssem1_ExplodedView.jpg
    TankAssem1_ExplodedView.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 42
  • TankAssem1SectionView.jpg
    TankAssem1SectionView.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 36

LostTribe

Premium user
How about a diy tank atomizer?
Messing around with SolidWorks and came up with this design, it's very simple, just 3 pieces , 4 including the mouth piece, that screw into a main section with threads on both ends.

I'm sure they are mistakes, likely the spacing on the threads might be off, made the mouth piece and bottom thread 510, (M7 x .5), which is not common, but all the drip tips and coils seem to have this thread.

Hasn't been tested as I dont have access to a CNC atm.
Any of you CNC guys out there want the specs or better yet the SoildWorks files just hit me up.

No need for a tank atomizer grab an evic mini and an Atmos Kiln and you're set for life. Just dont drop the kiln they break on #3 but won't roll anything else anymore its too easy and hits like an rda ALL DAY like GKAD! Good Killin All Day!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I have been using a Kiln for a few weeks and its great with a nice portable mod.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
No need for a tank atomizer grab an evic mini and an Atmos Kiln and you're set for life. Just dont drop the kiln they break on #3 but won't roll anything else anymore its too easy and hits like an rda ALL DAY like GKAD! Good Killin All Day!

I keep coming back to this thread and every time it reminds me I need to order a kiln. Was just looking on their website. Says that temp control batteries work well with it. So my 100w Temp Control battery should be tits with a kiln.

Have you seen that Greedy Heating Attachment they sell now. Looks sweet and holds more concentrate.

LostTribe

Premium user
I keep coming back to this thread and every time it reminds me I need to order a kiln. Was just looking on their website. Says that temp control batteries work well with it. So my 100w Temp Control battery should be tits with a kiln.

Have you seen that Greedy Heating Attachment they sell now. Looks sweet and holds more concentrate.

Hey Dub Triple trip!

I have stayed away from using the temp control on my evic as the first time it blew up the kiln. I set it to 3 watts instead. Works fucking great just be careful with the heating element if you try to clean it as they are easy to break.

On my 3rd one now but still love the shit out of it! First was warrantied so went to wattage that one lasted a year until it was totally nasty. Grabbed another for 25 bucks on the bay. Pack it up and forget about it until its out....repack an keep blasting!