What's new

plants in ppk's

Wendull C.

Veteran
Can someone point me in the direction of how this is done? Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to clog the picture thread. Thanks in advance.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Can someone point me in the direction of how this is done? Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to clog the picture thread. Thanks in advance.

welcome aboard!

the current thread is the "a ppk for a 6 plant limit" here in the hydro section.

post any questions there.

rover747

Nice system !
I was wonder how water getting back to main reservoir ? It is by gravity or you guys using pump to pump it back or water just sitting in bottom tub ?
Thank you

av8or

Some shots from the garden today. The J1 has another month and the lemon something or other is supposedly due next week. The trics are cloudy but the pistils aren't curled up like usual. It's my first time growing this plant so I dont know what to do. I'll probably chop it anyway being as the trichomes are ready.

Dried and trimmed up. Weighed in at 617 grams (21.76 oz). She is my biggest plant to date! So....

Lemon Somethingorother
Vegged to 24" (six weeks from cutting
Flowered for 58 days
Stretched to 56"
Yield of 21.76 ounces

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Nice!

I know it might tweak your perpetual schedule a bit, but have you ran any of these genetics longer.. say 65-77 days? I used to chop everything at 56. Nothing in my opinion is really done this early, and you'll typically be rewarded by letting them go a hair longer.

Strains I've previous chopped at 56 days can take to snapping branches and other support related incidents when ya let em go. Snapping entire sections of the plant off due to weight at 75 days or whatever really makes me question what I've left on the table all those days of the quick 8 weeks/call it done routine.

..not to mention the quality advantages of letting them really ripen up proper....

Just my thoughts.. I'm not familiar with your genetics and just talking in general. I'd like to see that same plant at 65 days to see how it compares. Would it have been that 1.5+ lber?

Then again JonJaffer used to rock a 43 day bubblegum cut in his suspended stadium and swore up and down that it was done... and saw no real weight advantages to letting it go further. Hard to believe in my book, but who knows his particular market at that time.

1.5 lb a week sounds real nice when cropping like you are here, albeit not much down time & constant trimming.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Nice!

I know it might tweak your perpetual schedule a bit, but have you ran any of these genetics longer.. say 65-77 days? I used to chop everything at 56. Nothing in my opinion is really done this early, and you'll typically be rewarded by letting them go a hair longer.

Strains I've previous chopped at 56 days can take to snapping branches and other support related incidents when ya let em go. Snapping entire sections of the plant off due to weight at 75 days or whatever really makes me question what I've left on the table all those days of the quick 8 weeks/call it done routine.

..not to mention the quality advantages of letting them really ripen up proper....

Just my thoughts.. I'm not familiar with your genetics and just talking in general. I'd like to see that same plant at 65 days to see how it compares. Would it have been that 1.5+ lber?

Then again JonJaffer used to rock a 43 day bubblegum cut in his suspended stadium and swore up and down that it was done... and saw no real weight advantages to letting it go further. Hard to believe in my book, but who knows his particular market at that time.

1.5 lb a week sounds real nice when cropping like you are here, albeit not much down time & constant trimming.

nice yield, av8or!

when i first got my old sweet tooth cut it was billed as a 6 week wonder. and guys up in bc were actually taking it at 6 and getting decent weight. but i started letting mine go a little longer each time and it kept getting not only bigger but better. the smoke took on a more mature, ripe, richness to it that it didn't have at 6 weeks. i ended up taking that plant at 10. amazing weight increases between weeks 8-10.

i can say that most of the large indoor sat/indica hybrids are 10-11 week plants.

very few plants are really done by 6 weeks. even 8 weeks. i look for the bud terminal ends to stop upward and outward growth and most of the pistils have turned color and curled.

here in legalville, i can take samples at different points for analysis to determine the ideal harvest window.

hey ff, 2.5 x 7 = 17.5

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
hey ff, 2.5 x 7 = 17.5

:laughing:

At this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever know. I've cherry picked the hell out of it and have fine trimmed/gone 8.5 lb so far. I'm sitting on lots and lots of smalls still on small stem sections. While it feels like a ton of smalls to me, it's still quality pebbles that need worked through... I just can't get it done. I wouldn't be surprised if I still have about 6-8 lbs sitting here in my gamma buckets/bins.

I ended up putting that job on pause and moved to trimming my 4k horizontal lemon room. I've managed about 6lb out of that room so far, but got a few gammas left so I'm almost certain I hit 2lb/light over here. Amazing feat for me.. the strain is a 77 day sativa leaning hybrid beast.

As for my PPK/vertical trees. It's there I'm sure.. just a ton of smalls. Now that I've got this other room tackled I'm going to go back through and de-bone everything and see if I can't just liquidate the remaining at a discount. It's all strain related to be honest.. my plants were huge...a well known winner would have painted a better picture I'm sure. Trim progress is slow fiddling through marble size buds all night.

Sadly, I put up the PPK (for now) and went horizontal in that 8k room. I'm not living there, and I'm not restricted by a legal plant count so it seemed kindly pointless to keep doing trees. I'm hoping to churn and burn a few increased plant count horizontal blumat coco runs (while living remotely)..and then retire the spot for bigger and better things.

The PPKs will return! This thread is killing me....seeing A8s success. I'm a hair jealous.. wont lie. Consistency/turn over is huge in my book. I've pulled down some nice tree crops, but far from staying loaded and getting my appropriate crops per year. On a positive note, working through this crop at a snails pace dry trim has resulted in the most pungent crop to date. Working it slower has also resulted in a bit higher ticket then what I normally reap dumping it all in bulk. Unfortunately... I've simultaneously made my "clean house" (for the girlfriend's sake), anything but. If I could go back (and didn't have to leave right at chop time).. I would have rotor'd the majority of the crop and this would have been long behind me at this point.

It is what it is though.. It's been an interesting experience and a lot of work.

av8or

FF, I've thought a lot about running them longer but of course, a single perpetual room disallows that. However, soon to follow will be 7 complete rooms so I can harvest single strains with their own enviros and harvest timing. I'll start a new thread here in a month or so as I get rolling on that. I harvested another Lemon somethingorother today and will chop the last one next week. I want to see what the difference is. All trichs are cloudy so hopefully they just fatten up and have the pistils turn in. This room is coming to an end so I'm only putting four more plants in it. The rest will all be separate rooms.

Honestly, and this probably sounds dickish, but my biggest problem isn't timing the harvest in my perpetual room. It's trying to keep huge colas pointing up instead of dragging down to the floor. The Lemons have to come down because they're literally collapsing under their own weight. I should have spent the sixteen thousand hours per plant to tie each fire extinguisher size cola up but I simply couldn't be bothered.

Hey FF...what a great problem to have....too much weed to trim. Must be rough! Hope to see ya back at the ppk soon, brother.

av8or

My biggest plant yet

My biggest plant yet

J1 (Jack Herer x Skunk #1) vegged to 26" in three weeks (from rooted foot tall clone). Flowered for 60 days. Ended up being 5 1/2' in diameter and 5' tall. When the dry numbers come back, I'll post the results. I'm confident that she's my biggest plant so far!

Attachments

• IMAG3699.jpg
    IMAG3699.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG3698.jpg
    IMAG3698.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG3697.jpg
    IMAG3697.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG3695.jpg
    IMAG3695.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG3693.jpg
    IMAG3693.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 12

MrAwder

Going to post up some start to finish pics of my last (and first successful) PPK grow:

Here is everything in my veg PPKs prior to transplant (03-24-15):

The following pics are all of 1 plant, Midas, throughout the cycle:

6 days after transplant, flip day [0 Days] (03-30-15):

About +2 weeks [15 days] (04-14-15):

About +4 weeks [33 days] (05-02-15):

About +6 weeks [49 days] (05-18-15):

MrAwder

I'll do another set here of Iced Grapefruit (one of 3 from the last run). Wish I could post more than 5 images per post, feel like I am clogging up the thread.

Day 0 (3-30-15):

Day 15 (4-14-15):

Day 33 (5-2-15):

Day 49 (5-18-15) bad shot, was looking at branches:

Day 59 (5-28-15):

MrAwder

Day 62 - (5-31-15) chop:

Bonus since I had to go to 2 posts anyway.... these are both Iced Grapefruit, not positive the exact same plant though.

The 3 plants averaged 170 gram / 6oz. The largest hit 194g.

av8or

Final weight is in on the J1: 29 ounces

Its been unreasonably hot here so she dried faster than I wanted even just hanging the entire plant to dry. But this is, by a half pound, my biggest yield ever. And to think that it was only six months ago that I harvested my first ever plant (ironically also a J1....this was the mother of the 29 ouncer) at only a measily ounce. Yup....one whole zip to 29 in six months.

Thanks to D9 and the rest of you ppk'ers. There's no way this would be possible without you all.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice results Cap! 29 zips is better than what others with far more time behind the stick than that pull. How does she smoke?

Latest posts

Latest posts