What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

plants in ppk's

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Attachments

• ff33151.jpg
    ff33151.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 13
  • ff33152.jpg
    ff33152.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 14
  • ff33153.jpg
    ff33153.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 14
  • ff33154.jpg
    ff33154.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ff33155.jpg
    ff33155.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ff33156.jpg
    ff33156.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 21
  • ff33157.jpg
    ff33157.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 14

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey doc! actually that was someone else's grow and i haven't heard about it much.

i'm building a room now for my personal use.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
here's some harvest time pics of two 4 plant rooms done by icmag member lilac.rain.

i think the strain is blueberry diesel.

these rooms are 10 x 10 with 5 1k lights heath style. interesting thing is that one of the rooms had a metal halide in the middle position and the other a hps.

the mh side had visibly more trich coverage! i saw it myself! i swear to Buddha!

really nice job here! he flipped them at the right time and neatly filled the space.

i think we're looking at 2 pounders here.

Attachments

• 4-5-15 (9).jpg
    4-5-15 (9).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 4-5-15 (8).jpg
    4-5-15 (8).jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4-5-15 (7).jpg
    4-5-15 (7).jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4-5-15 (6).jpg
    4-5-15 (6).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 4-5-15 (5).jpg
    4-5-15 (5).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 14
  • 4-5-15 (14).jpg
    4-5-15 (14).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 4-5-15 (13).jpg
    4-5-15 (13).jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 4-5-15 (12).jpg
    4-5-15 (12).jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4-5-15 (11).jpg
    4-5-15 (11).jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 4-5-15 (10).jpg
    4-5-15 (10).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 13

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Attachments

• 4-5-15 (14).jpg
    4-5-15 (14).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 4-5-15 (15).jpg
    4-5-15 (15).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 4-5-15 (16).jpg
    4-5-15 (16).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9

twist1uc

these rooms are 10 x 10 with 5 1k lights heath style. interesting thing is that one of the rooms had a metal halide in the middle position and the other a hps.

the mh side had visibly more trich coverage! i saw it myself! i swear to Buddha!

Nice looking buds. That's interesting that you say that because in my rooms, I have been pondering throwing a few overhead MH's in there. Ideally, I'd have one per plant. (I would actually have to split a ballast for two plants)

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny that I haven't been following this thread, so I'm tagging up. will post a pic when I have something worthy to report.

av8or

Some shots from the garden today. The J1 has another month and the lemon something or other is supposedly due next week. The trics are cloudy but the pistils aren't curled up like usual. It's my first time growing this plant so I dont know what to do. I'll probably chop it anyway being as the trichomes are ready.

Attachments

• IMAG3477.jpg
    IMAG3477.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG3558.jpg
    IMAG3558.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG3566.jpg
    IMAG3566.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11

Grow4Flow

Some shots from the garden today. The J1 has another month and the lemon something or other is supposedly due next week. The trics are cloudy but the pistils aren't curled up like usual. It's my first time growing this plant so I dont know what to do. I'll probably chop it anyway being as the trichomes are ready.

are you using the 40qt/3gal setup, or the 70qt/7gal?

av8or

Sorry for the poor quality pics...I need a real camera. J1 (month left) is looking awesome. She is already suuuuper sticky and incredibly sweet smelling. This is by far my favorite plant (and will eventually likely be my largest) to date. The other two are the other Lemon something or others that are a week or so from chop. I cut down the Lemon from my previous post yesterday. The hairs are all curled in and orange now. Nice!

Plants in PPK...so easy an aviator can do it.

Attachments

• IMAG3580.jpg
    IMAG3580.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG3582.jpg
    IMAG3582.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG3583.jpg
    IMAG3583.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 10

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Sorry for the poor quality pics...I need a real camera. J1 (month left) is looking awesome. She is already suuuuper sticky and incredibly sweet smelling. This is by far my favorite plant (and will eventually likely be my largest) to date. The other two are the other Lemon something or others that are a week or so from chop. I cut down the Lemon from my previous post yesterday. The hairs are all curled in and orange now. Nice!

Plants in PPK...so easy an aviator can do it.

attn new folks! for scale the containers are 22" wide. so the big one is 6' in diameter, at least!

nice job! this might be your first 2 pounder!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i just want everyone who sees this to know that this man has been growing cannabis a grand total of 8 months.

he has come such a long way since the day i found him in the alley behind the bus station, sleeping off his last drunk, mumbling incoherently and drooling on himself, the poor boy!

i asked him if he wanted to become a cannabis magnate and guru. he said "whatever", and the rest is legend.

more to come!

av8or

i just want everyone who sees this to know that this man has been growing cannabis a grand total of 8 months.

he has come such a long way since the day i found him in the alley behind the bus station, sleeping off his last drunk, mumbling incoherently and drooling on himself, the poor boy!

i asked him if he wanted to become a cannabis magnate and guru. he said "whatever", and the rest is legend.

more to come!

Hahaha! While I miss drooling on myself, I'm glad you've led the way, D9. If I have any skill at all, it's that I'm great at copying The Great. Definitely more to follow! I think it might be time to add a few more rooms to this operation!

av8or

OMG dude! those are massive. nice work av8or.

how long was the veg? what size room with how many plants?

Thanks G4F! The Lemons were 24" when I flipped them. They vegged from cutting to flip just under 6 weeks. Chop was right at 8 weeks so in total from cutting to harvest was 14 weeks. I'm expecting over a pound again. It would seriously surprise me if any of my plants were under a pound.

The room is 10x17' with 8 plants and 3900 watts. Average yield is 17.2 ounces (harvesting a plant every 8 days for the last 3 months). I have a 10x10' veg tent, too. I do all my propagation and vegging in there.

Next plan is to add 11 more rooms so I can harvest a room per week instead of a plant per week. Hopefully this all happens by the end of summer. Who knows...maybe I'll throw up a few greenhouses, too. Ppk greenhouse grow...has it been done yet? Imagine the size of those monsters!

Grow4Flow

Thanks G4F! The Lemons were 24" when I flipped them. They vegged from cutting to flip just under 6 weeks. Chop was right at 8 weeks so in total from cutting to harvest was 14 weeks. I'm expecting over a pound again. It would seriously surprise me if any of my plants were under a pound.

The room is 10x17' with 8 plants and 3900 watts. Average yield is 17.2 ounces (harvesting a plant every 8 days for the last 3 months). I have a 10x10' veg tent, too. I do all my propagation and vegging in there.

Next plan is to add 11 more rooms so I can harvest a room per week instead of a plant per week. Hopefully this all happens by the end of summer. Who knows...maybe I'll throw up a few greenhouses, too. Ppk greenhouse grow...has it been done yet? Imagine the size of those monsters!

NICE! i have a few 10x15 rooms that i have set up in perpetual. how are your lights setup, just a row down the middle?

there is a documented PPK outdoor grow and the plants were HUGE! forgot who it was so i cant link it, sorry.

D9,
do you remember who it was?

av8or

NICE! i have a few 10x15 rooms that i have set up in perpetual. how are your lights setup, just a row down the middle?

there is a documented PPK outdoor grow and the plants were HUGE! forgot who it was so i cant link it, sorry.

D9,
do you remember who it was?

I think Lilac Rain was the one who grew ppk outdoors, if I remember correctly.

As for the lighting, I do the X pattern for the most part. I'll be stacking two 600's between each plant in the upcoming rooms to flip them up and down half way through the photoperiod. I've noticed that these plants are too big for decent coverage from one vertically hung bulb. The tops stretch and bend towards the light a lot.

DunHav`nFun

I think Lilac Rain was the one who grew ppk outdoors, if I remember correctly.

As for the lighting, I do the X pattern for the most part. I'll be stacking two 600's between each plant in the upcoming rooms to flip them up and down half way through the photoperiod. I've noticed that these plants are too big for decent coverage from one vertically hung bulb. The tops stretch and bend towards the light a lot.

Ok guys....The original "perfect" big plant setup "Krusty style" was for 10 x 10 rooms with 4 plants and 5 hps lights with middle bulb a mh , where each plant gets blasted by 3 lights at all times and the mh bulb gives increased spectrum as well as trich production....now....

That`s 50 watts per sq ft , and from the time the pre-vegged plants went into the bloom rooms till end of stretch , the bottom tips of the bare bulbs were kept at very tops of plants , and then once stretch was completely over , the bulbs were dropped down where the tips of the mogul sockets or boxes was at tops of plants till end of cycle....and for the record....

No stacked bulbs were needed with even plants that top colas hit the ceilings and turned back down , as LONG as 50 watts per sq ft were maintained...even in bigger rooms it was found the plants "in between' the x light patterns that were actually getting hit by all 4 sides with bulbs got even bigger..as LONG as 50 watts per sq ft was maintained......all that being said....

For a solid decade I grew 2 1/2 lber`s with 600`s in the corners and 1KMH in the middles for only 34 watts per sq ft and did fine with the 10x10 rooms where 3 lights hit each plant......Hell....

Dope will grow decent # 25 watts per sq ft , cuz Heath showed a pic waaaaaay back when he first started out and didn't have a clue HOW much light to use , but Don Juan Matuus swears by only needing 33 watts per sq ft for his big plants , all I know is this....

When I finally got talked into Ebb and Flow bucket fliprooms with increased plant numbers , I went with 50 watts per sq ft , and the ONLY strain I had , the ONLY plant I`d dialed outside for several yrs before bringin it inside for a decade , when harvied was as different as daylight and dark with pronounced increased bud density , smell , taste , the whole 9....but....

Yields didn`t increase , only bottom line quality , and again....I have no clue about 1500 umols , 5-600 par , lux or lumens , but the proper watts per sq ft IME promotes node stacking and lateral limb development without internode elongation , and after all boys and girls.....we ain`t growin stem for the end product now are we...and lastly....

I think with all the big plant phenotypes being grown these days with PPK`s or ANY system , and being "indica" dominant without much vertical stretch compared to sideways bush growth , that instead of stacking bare bulbs , I`m positive that parabolics with 1 K DE horizontals should be above each plant with vertical bare bulbs surrounding the beasts like a cube if possible.....THAT way....

The bare bulbs take care of ALL sides of the plants , and the reflectors take care of their own horizontal canopy up top for max penetration down as deep as possible to the innards....then....

I think yields are going to increase and be more consistent across the board run after run till no more nuggage can be squeezed out of each strain , as long as proper watts per sq ft are maintained , AND.....

Not gonna get in a pissin contest about umols , par , or ANYTHING light related other than what I witnessed personally all the yrs I grew....but....seriously....

Proper watts per sq ft matters , but environment with high RH matters just as much , so dial all the above and reap the just rewards , especially in med-ville where competition`s stiff for decent product prices......aight...

My 2 cents from all those yrs....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

Latest posts

Latest posts