What's new

plants in ppk's

av8or

Spokane! Yeah, it gets cold east of the Cascades but I prefer it that way. I've gotten used to the dry heat in eastern Oregon but I'm looking forward to the frigid temps starting next month.

The outdoor grow WAS a huge success until our lovely state animal decided he was hungry. Damn beavers (get it?) ate up my plants! I should have put a fence up. Haha oops! I was only using the outdoor plants for clones so I'm not bothered by it, thankfully. We have a batch of 24 plants in 100 gallon cloth pots out behind my grow partners barn. They're all 10-12' tall and wide. Gonna take every last nug and turn it into rosin and that fancy white thc powder. Our other buddy makes it out of his lab in central Oregon. Oh, so tasty!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Spokane! Yeah, it gets cold east of the Cascades but I prefer it that way. I've gotten used to the dry heat in eastern Oregon but I'm looking forward to the frigid temps starting next month.

The outdoor grow WAS a huge success until our lovely state animal decided he was hungry. Damn beavers (get it?) ate up my plants! I should have put a fence up. Haha oops! I was only using the outdoor plants for clones so I'm not bothered by it, thankfully. We have a batch of 24 plants in 100 gallon cloth pots out behind my grow partners barn. They're all 10-12' tall and wide. Gonna take every last nug and turn it into rosin and that fancy white thc powder. Our other buddy makes it out of his lab in central Oregon. Oh, so tasty!
I gotta get outta this place, always behind the learning curve..I'm just getting onto rosin and now white THC powder.. Its kinda like buying a new tv, 10 minutes after you put it up its outdated.. I know by now you now have a 4,000,759 lb press and squish QP at a time, right? (am I thinking small brother?:laughing:)

zeke99

Question for D9

What do you make of this, the presence of mycorrhizae in a PPK plant media?? I ask because the AFP of this mix is 35%.

http://www.growstone.com/about/products/coco-mix/

Growstone GS-4 Moisture Coco Mix

"Growstone GS-4 Moisture Coco Mix™ is a mixture of Coco coir and Growstones with added Mycorrhizae specially designed for hand watering of heavy feeding plants in run-to-waste containers. Recommended whenever moisture and fast drainage is required for fast growing plants."

http://www.growstone.com/wp-content...ture-Technical-data-JULY-2015-Paula070615.pdf

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Total Porosity (v/v) 84 %
Water-Holding Capacity (v/v) 49 %
Air-Filled Pores (v/v) 35 %
Bulk Density (g.cm-3) 0.22

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Question for D9

What do you make of this, the presence of mycorrhizae in a PPK plant media?? I ask because the AFP of this mix is 35%.

http://www.growstone.com/about/products/coco-mix/

Growstone GS-4 Moisture Coco Mix

"Growstone GS-4 Moisture Coco Mix™ is a mixture of Coco coir and Growstones with added Mycorrhizae specially designed for hand watering of heavy feeding plants in run-to-waste containers. Recommended whenever moisture and fast drainage is required for fast growing plants."

http://www.growstone.com/wp-content...ture-Technical-data-JULY-2015-Paula070615.pdf

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Total Porosity (v/v) 84 %
Water-Holding Capacity (v/v) 49 %
Air-Filled Pores (v/v) 35 %
Bulk Density (g.cm-3) 0.22

looks real good! i'm using the royalgoldcoco.com tupur mix right now with excellent results.

for longer grows the mycos might work well. like if you were vegging large plants 7-8 weeks maybe.

Ravenboy

I want to thank you again D9

My grow is going VERY well.... I am totally sold

coming from hand watered hempies (jacks) this is a HUGE relief

1. get to re-use all my old coco
2. plants are really growing fast
3. ordinarily once i transplant into the hempies, my hard work starts - hand watering

now, i am more or less idle. this is a good condition for me - i have more time for smoking, and when i am high, there is less i can screw up if i am idling

the 4 gallon res mini PPKs (no central res) so far are working great, but the plants are small. I'll add a central res if maintaining them is a hassle - i expect it will be once these plants get large

there is a problem though. they are growing so fast that my plan is all screwed up.... if i grow them another month before flipping, there are going to be too big for the tent - i bet ill be flipping in a couple more weeks.

this is a good problem to have, here in south america, "summer is coming" - too hot for inside growing for me, when you think of our weather, think Savannah Georgia

but it is an issue that i didn't know would be so apparent only 5 days after starting my first PPK. I didn't believe the outrageous growth rate would happen in my very first grow.

so i have to hustle to get ready for flip..... (right after this next bong hit)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

3. ordinarily once i transplant into the hempies, my hard work starts - hand watering

now, i am more or less idle. this is a good condition for me - i have more time for smoking, and when i am high, there is less i can screw up if i am idling

the 4 gallon res mini PPKs (no central res) so far are working great, but the plants are small. I'll add a central res if maintaining them is a hassle - i expect it will be once these plants get large

there is a problem though. they are growing so fast that my plan is all screwed up.... if i grow them another month before flipping, there are going to be too big for the tent - i bet ill be flipping in a couple more weeks.

this is a good problem to have, here in south america, "summer is coming" - too hot for inside growing for me, when you think of our weather, think Savannah Georgia

but it is an issue that i didn't know would be so apparent only 5 days after starting my first PPK. I didn't believe the outrageous growth rate would happen in my very first grow.

RB, I am the last person to goof about this but.. have another hit.. you wont screw anything up that way!:laughing:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
ina thread I read a couple days ago, one of the PPK or Glue threads that one member (cant recall) was mixing jacksP & CN together dry, at his ratio, and then shovel directly into the RO to whatever PPM he'd like.. if that works, I want in.. whatta u think?

av8or

No precipitate? What strength is he mixing to? I suppose if it's in small enough amounts at a time that it would work. Hmmmm.....maybe we should talk to this individual.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

de nada, brocephus! welcome to the most boring way to grow in the world! you really do need to invest in a small reservoir with a float valve fed from an elevated tank or drum or trashcan or something.

then once you find your feed strength for your lights and environment you can just about put away your meters. no more topping. you just let the feed tank run dry, refill with water, add nutes, ph correct if necessary, and forget about it.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
ina thread I read a couple days ago, one of the PPK or Glue threads that one member (cant recall) was mixing jacksP & CN together dry, at his ratio, and then shovel directly into the RO to whatever PPM he'd like.. if that works, I want in.. whatta u think?

you guys are really getting fucking lazy! "oh no! i have to spend an extra 5 seconds shoveling a second ingredient!"

it will probably work though as jack's blossom booster 10-30-20 is shipped with the calcinit premixed so it's a one part application.

i think the reason the 5-12-26 is shipped without the calcinit is that it allows the user to play with the nitrogen feed.

av8or

Those 25 extra stirs of the reservoir save me an additional 3 calories a day. That's over a thousand calories a year. That's a pound every three or four years that I can't afford to lose!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
alright, alright... I keep doing it as described... J=X + c=.64% of J.

I was hoping you two would show up!:biggrin: I'm a lazy SOB and do not 'stir sir! I've taken one of those 750gph mag-drive pumps that was too small and just sitting on the shelf anyway, put some reduced it to 1/2" then fitted 1/2" pvc fittings, tubing and some flexible hose and drop it into the mixing tank for ,ha!, mixing.. which gets me to 'let the volume rez run dry, then fill and mix there'. really necessary?? and if youre sayin it, I guess thralalala!:biggrin: but why necessary?

av8or

I was bow hunting the mountains of Eastern Oregon today when I ran across this old perlite step strip. Guess they had to stop blasting and shut her down. Anyways, this is where perlite comes from.

Attachments

• IMAG2149.jpg
    IMAG2149.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 14

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I was bow hunting the mountains of Eastern Oregon today when I ran across this old perlite step strip. Guess they had to stop blasting and shut her down. Anyways, this is where perlite comes from.
always looking for a way to cut expenses.. out by the river crop?:)

420ish

here is a pic of my new set up.4 site ppk system with individual pumps in each tote.the lights i built and are 4 cxb 3590 3500k being driven at 50 watts each cob.200 watts per plant at 56 % efficiency.the plants are at day 17 of flower.
picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
holeechip! how long didya vegem 420!
This your first run on this set up? they are looking very nice..

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is a pic of my new set up.4 site ppk system with individual pumps in each tote.the lights i built and are 4 cxb 3590 3500k being driven at 50 watts each cob.200 watts per plant at 56 % efficiency.the plants are at day 17 of flower.View Image

Sweet 420like! Let me know if you start a grow thread somewhere so i can link to it on the ppk list