What's new

plants in ppk's

av8or

I've never tried to understand barometric pressure, OK, I'll go look right after this. but does it affect our crop? it is a part of nature, logically, well my logic anyway, should it be taken into account or 'used' as a tool? smashed, had to ask.

EDIT: OK, its how heavy the air is.. warm air is lighter than cool air. 29.92 inches of mercury is ?? the norm?

Barometric pressure will not effect your crop. Say the altimeter setting.(baro pressure) is standard for sea level on a 15℃ day. 29.92 inches of mercury. If the pressure changes to 29.93, you've effectively descended ten feet in pressure altitude (PA). The pressure would have to be so far out of whack to effect your crops that, long before it did, that same.pressure difference would have caused biblical scale weather storms, usually wind related. Plainly said, pressure will sooner rip your house off it's foundation than cause your VPD to hurt your plants.

av8or

Yep. Also, no need for five gallon bucket. You can use a 3.5 on a 3.5. I do that regularly with multiple pound plants. The bigger the bottom bucket, however, the more total volume of nutes you have which makes a more stable solution. That's a bennie but unless.you only have a plant or two in the system, use the shorter 3.5 gal bucket.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
:biggrin: we used to drill the shit outta the buckets, air prune roots, less root swirl.. why'd we stop doing that?

av8or

T4 (trainwreck x trainwreck)
Harvested on Day 46
4 x 32 oz plants with 3200 watts
Room is 9.5'x11'x7'
Not too bad.

Attachments

• IMAG1661.jpg
    IMAG1661.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG1660.jpg
    IMAG1660.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 11

av8or

only 1.12 gpw! where did you screw up? not too bad!

Well, if I would have defoliated another 8" of the inside of the canopy and maybe had a few more lateral feet of space I think those numbers would be a half pound higher per plant. Sadly, I only have 36 sqft per plant at that grow site so I'm limited.

Oh, I should mention that these four plants were grown in perlite with a coco "topper.". 15 second pulse every 15 minutes.

I am now a firm believer that the presence of blue light drastically increases trichomes production. In the 5 light X pattern I use HPS bulbs and a MH in the center. As you can see....this is pretty resinous for a trainwreck. I'd like to cross this with my Wi-Fi OG or my Plushberry. Decisions decisions.

Miraculous Meds

Well, if I would have defoliated another 8" of the inside of the canopy and maybe had a few more lateral feet of space I think those numbers would be a half pound higher per plant. Sadly, I only have 36 sqft per plant at that grow site so I'm limited.

Oh, I should mention that these four plants were grown in perlite with a coco "topper.". 15 second pulse every 15 minutes.

I am now a firm believer that the presence of blue light drastically increases trichomes production. In the 5 light X pattern I use HPS bulbs and a MH in the center. As you can see....this is pretty resinous for a trainwreck. I'd like to cross this with my Wi-Fi OG or my Plushberry. Decisions decisions.

hey av8, what are u using the coir on top for? Moisture control? Nice run on that room with a 46 day harvy. I was thinking about throwing a 1k mh in the middle of my tree grow with 600w hps in the corners. The 2 rooms I got running right now only have 5 hps going.

av8or

hey av8, what are u using the coir on top for? Moisture control? Nice run on that room with a 46 day harvy. I was thinking about throwing a 1k mh in the middle of my tree grow with 600w hps in the corners. The 2 rooms I got running right now only have 5 hps going.

Hey brother! Yeah, the feed halo's spray pattern doesn't distribute a very even wetness throughout the perlite so D9 started putting coco on the top inch. It works really well.

If your two rooms are somewhat the same, give one a try with the center light an MH and see what difference there is. I've noticed quite an increase in trichs and also stretch doesn't stretch so much, allowing for that tighter, fatter colas. Maybe it's the dabs talking but I'm positive it helped this run. I'm sticking with it.

I'm building another two rooms with DEs and I think I'm going to drop a vertical 1500W MH between each 4 DEs as to hit every plant with more blue. I haven't played with DEs yet so I'm not sure I need to bother with more spectrum. Any of you using the Phillips bulb on a DE, please chime in!

gmanwho

Veteran
nice trainwreck av8or. i was obsessed with trainwreck for years. thou i never got my hands on a true cut.

i'll never forgot the pic that started my trainwreck obsession on overgrow. implanted in my memory.........but i did forget who posted it. oppsss...

looking good. ic wont let me give u any more rep.

bwell

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

what happens is the coco retains most of the solution evenly spread out accoss the top of the medium until the matric potential is met and then releases the excess uniformly into the perlite below.

it also acts like a mulch layer retaining moisture in the perlite layer.

i have since moved on to a 50/50 coco/perlite mix but, like av8or, i'm still growing out plants in the older containers too.

it has all worked well but we are constantly trying to refine technique.

Ravenboy

what happens is the coco retains most of the solution evenly spread out accoss the top of the medium until the matric potential is met and then releases the excess uniformly into the perlite below.

it also acts like a mulch layer retaining moisture in the perlite layer.

i have since moved on to a 50/50 coco/perlite mix but, like av8or, i'm still growing out plants in the older containers too.

it has all worked well but we are constantly trying to refine technique.

this is great, i am starting a 4 site smallish PPK system, and i live in Argentina, where stuff is hard to come by

but i have PLENTY of 50-50 perlite-coco i can use if the GH cocotek coco would work ok

i remember you were using a more fibrous coco when you were doing 80% perlite 20% coco.... is that still the case in your 50-50 mix?

do you know anyone growing in PPKs using perlite and the more coffee ground type of coco (like cocotek) - i am growing in hempies, and i don't see the perlite reservoir in the bottom of the hempy getting clogged with migrating coco, so a tailpiece probably wouldn't either.

gmanwho

Veteran
hey buddy! this is the way to get perfect plants in the ppk:

d9

delta thanks again for the instructions.

one question, atleast at this point. Agsil 16 , when should it be added? im thinking because of the potassium it should be added before the calnit correct?

so my current rez situation is.... i fill the top off rez with ro water an take out 7-10 gals , 2 5gal buckets or 2 3.5 gal buckets an place them outside the rez. i mix the jacks in a quart container of heated water. let dilute, then add that to one of the 3.5 or 5 gal buckets.
add that to the top off rez.

i put a small 300-400gph submersible pump at bottom of rez. turn it on, an then add the diluted bucket of jacks. i then do the same with the cal nit, adding the prediluted bucket of calnit into the swirling top off rez. maybe 1/4 of the cal nit bucket at a time.

the submersible pump also circulates every 4 hrs for 15 mins when a different timer from a clone flood table cycles.

so when theres say 10-20 gal left in the top off rez. an im heading out, an need to topoff, whats the best way to addback?

currently im feeding 850ppm into some 15-20 day flower, but i know im gonna need to start raising ppm soon. i already see some middle/lower yellowing on some. or i start pk boosting at an additional 100ppm.

whats the best way to increase the ppm when you've already made a top off rez?? say jumping from 800-850 to 1000? similar way i diluted in larger buckets an then swirl in ??

my larger room is drinking 15-20 gal a day!!!!!!!!! a 100 gal top of rez doesnt last so long at this point in their cycle. i thought i had a leak the other day when i checked levels.... nope, they drank it. 4 days 75gallons almost gone from rez!

bsafe

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The jacks fert doesnt like to "completely " dissolve at room temp and the heat helps it all go into solution. At least that is what ive read and experienced. But its a small amount. I dont often bother but it does upset my obsessive nature when i leave it. Like i just now finished doing. Its not convenient for me to do it so i often dont since getting hot rodi for me is not easy

Latest posts

Latest posts