What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

plants in ppk's

420ish

i am not sure how long i vegged for.three are girl scout cookies and one is tangerine kush.the tangerine is the 2nd from the right side.
here is a pic of right side 2 days before flip.girl scout on right and tangerine on left
picture.php

420ish

At least a thread link to your LED light build.
Nice grow...more pictures. :laughing:

i will be making more lights soon.i will try and document it.these lights used heat sinks that are very heavy and are driven by individual 50 watt drivers for each cob.the ones i will be building will use pin heat sinks that are much lighter.i will be using 1 driver for 4 cobs on the new ones.prices have been dropping on the parts.the new lights will be about 325 for each 4 cob light.i think i spent over 450 each 4 cob light last time.

C.O.B.

420ish nice cobs, I have a few bars myself with at least 2 more to build.

D9, what are your thoughts on Coco-Loco? Damn can't remember who typed this, and don't want to go back because I'll lose this post, but he is using Growtek gs-4. I've used the gs-4 and gs-5 w/mykos and grwostones. Nice coco.

420ish

here is day 29.in the same room as the led i also have a 4 site ppk weed donut.the four plants on the hps side are three purple og 18 and 1 gorilla glue4.same stage as the 4 leds but since they are stretchers probably only half as long veg.the close up is tangerine kush from led side

420ish

here is my new veg ppk system.the first pic is day i transplanted new clones in.the second pic is the same plants 5 days later.i am using well water due to not getting my ro system in yet at the new house.
picture.php
water is around 300 ppm out of the tap and around 6.0 ph
picture.php

C.O.B.

Understood completely. Going thru a cold spell myself atm. Was going to fire up my 250w hps for my veg. Thanks for the pics. Peace.

C.O.B.

DelTaco

it's not heat, it's more likely humidity and light. i run my leaf temps at 84-85f sometimes with no ill effect.

Thanks again for giving your input. I hope it's not too confusing but I realized I should probably post my questions in this thread instead of clogging up Blah's thread with questions about my ppk grow so I jumped over here instead.

I know people run higher leaf temps then what I am doing right now but I must be doing something wrong cause the growth on my plants just doesn't look right. From trying to research the problem on my own I am coming up with it being heat and/or a nitrogen deficiency. The signs of heat stress have gone away since raising my light to 42 inches above the plants but the weird swollen crinkled look on the leaves is still there almost a week after changing out the res. Here are some pics of the crinkled leaves and this is on all the new growth, once the leaves get older the crinkled look goes away for the most part. I'm not sure what's going on.

0BCA2254-F6BA-432E-9B20-C7E42A32EC0F.jpg

06E31FA7-CA0E-48FC-B188-676DBE32B01E.jpg

8E32593D-D72F-407E-A176-FB1FF7F673AE.jpg

gmanwho

Veteran
here is my new veg ppk system.the first pic is day i transplanted new clones in.the second pic is the same plants 5 days later.i am using well water due to not getting my ro system in yet at the new house.View Imagewater is around 300 ppm out of the tap and around 6.0 ph
View Image

im no ppk expert, but when i had my wider tubs on top of the buckets they kinda sagged over the edge of the lower bucket. in the that sag it would create a low spot an hold water an not drain like it should..

looking good

420ish

under the hps light it looks like a magnesium deficiency.try a folier spray of epsom salt on the leaves and give it a couple of days

420ish

im no ppk expert, but when i had my wider tubs on top of the buckets they kinda sagged over the edge of the lower bucket. in the that sag it would create a low spot an hold water an not drain like it should..

looking good

they barely hang over and i have three inch tailpieces.so far everything is going great!i am running full floods every 90 minutes.

DelTaco

they barely hang over and i have three inch tailpieces.so far everything is going great!i am running full floods every 90 minutes.

Do you know how long it takes for your plant sites to drain back into the res? I ask because I am using 1.5 inch tailpieces with the same tubs as you but I'm only flooding every 3 hours. I am considering bumping up the frequency of my floods but I don't want to over water. I'm wondering if drain time back to the res has much to do with that. It takes my sites about 2 minutes to drain all the way back into the res and all the levels to be equal again.

420ish

Do you know how long it takes for your plant sites to drain back into the res? I ask because I am using 1.5 inch tailpieces with the same tubs as you but I'm only flooding every 3 hours. I am considering bumping up the frequency of my floods but I don't want to over water. I'm wondering if drain time back to the res has much to do with that. It takes my sites about 2 minutes to drain all the way back into the res and all the levels to be equal again.

i have small 158 gph pumps in each lower bucket.my lower buckets are connected to the main res but the feed comes from the individual bucket that the pump is in.takes less then 10 seconds for all visual water to go back down.when all 4 plants i have in the system feed,the main res doesnt drop much since they are fed at their individual sites.
i found this is much easier then making a manifold and using 1 bigger pump to all the individual sites.less things to go wrong this way and even cheap short cycle timers can handle the power draw of 4 small pumps over the electric draw of 1 big pump.

Latest posts

Latest posts