What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Picked up a new Gun Safe, What do you think?

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Naw if they have a warrant to search for a stereo then obviously they don't need to look in the safe, but if they have a warrant to search for a small item or drugs; they would ask you to open the safe. If you refuse then they just call a locksmith and fuck your safe up as bad as possible opening it.

Same chickenshit stuff they pull with cars, they'll ask you to voluntarily let em search but if you say no they just get a telephonic warrant and tear your car apart.

Hovz

2 big guys, crow bar, flat bed pickup, you lose. ;)

Maybe throw a GPS tracker in there?

I have good neighbors that would see this shit happening, even then i don't think i have much to worry about i got some rottweilers that never leave. You guys are making me paranoid, maybe i should get more dogs? :thinking:

Green lung

Veteran
dude i got a 2500lb safe that has 10" bolts that secure it into foundation and i still wasnt satisfied. so we built a false wall with a hidden door to keep it out of sight just in case....out of sight-out of mind.:dance013:

Yeah one of the best things to do is hide the safe like you have done.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could always put some big heavy chains and massive padlocks around it :bigeye:

What are you hiding in there anyways now you got me wondering :biggrin:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats Me too mang! :good: :respect:

Another thing you can do is put a smaller safe INSIDE that big safe so if someone were to cut or drill into the bigger one which is your first layer of protection then there is another added layer of protection inside. Sentry makes fireproof and waterproof square black file safes you can buy at walmart that are pretty solid & relatively high quality for this purpose. One of those with your jewelry or cash inside that bigger larger safe would be a pretty good defense unless they got the big one totally open or got it out of the house all together but that is unlikely. More often than not when a safe is broken into it gets a hole cut out of it or drilled out and they reach inside to remove contents in sight (that are usually just laying there inside ready for removal) so another locked big square box secured inside it would likely keep them from getting it out of the big one or getting your goodies. :)

Another idea is you can stack heavy weights inside of it to make it far heavier. You can stand them up along the back of the safe and easily add a few hundred pounds in small easy to handle increments of like 25 or 50 pound bar bell weights. This can quickly turn a 500 pound safe that can be carried out by two dudes into a 1000 pound safe that is nearly impossible to move. ;)

Stress_test

Veteran
Nice box... big enough to grow weed in.:D

Okay I'll admit it!

The only reason I even clicked on this topic in the first place was because when I saw the title " Picked up a new Gun Safe, What do you think?" I immediately thought somebody had set one up as a stealth grow box.

So I was intrigued and had to check it out.

It would honestly be one of the best uses I could imagine for a low/mid price ranged gun safe that size. It would also be pretty damned cool...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
:yeahthats Me too mang! :good: :respect:

Another thing you can do is put a smaller safe INSIDE that big safe so if someone were to cut or drill into the bigger one which is your first layer of protection then there is another added layer of protection inside. Sentry makes fireproof and waterproof square black file safes you can buy at walmart that are pretty solid & relatively high quality for this purpose. One of those with your jewelry or cash inside that bigger larger safe would be a pretty good defense unless they got the big one totally open or got it out of the house all together but that is unlikely. More often than not when a safe is broken into it gets a hole cut out of it or drilled out and they reach inside to remove contents in sight (that are usually just laying there inside ready for removal) so another locked big square box secured inside it would likely keep them from getting it out of the big one or getting your goodies. :)

Another idea is you can stack heavy weights inside of it to make it far heavier. You can stand them up along the back of the safe and easily add a few hundred pounds in small easy to handle increments of like 25 or 50 pound bar bell weights. This can quickly turn a 500 pound safe that can be carried out by two dudes into a 1000 pound safe that is nearly impossible to move. ;)

damn thats a cool idea right there...so how do you handle the foundation for support on something that heavy...i doubt regular old hardwood floors would support this..gotta anchor it into the concrete foundation of a garage or something?

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Do like a bank does and build concrete walls 1 ft thick, with concrete foundations and concrete lid. Then install motion detectors in case somebody tries to tunnel or hammer through. You guys ever try to demo an old bank vault? Major PITA!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well in that case don't forget the re-bar and steel mesh in the middle of all that concrete! This sounds like we are building a jack proof growroom to me and I like it :biggrin:

Complete with the safe vault door for the win! :greenstars:

Now all you need is a bunch of kickass LED lights, a fan & carbon filter, some coir bricks a few bags of FFOF, a few big smart pots and some Sweet Tooth seeds :canabis:

Stress_test

Veteran
I'm still saving for my gun safe.

aa926700.jpg

rogerw

500 bones

Not a bad buy at all! I have had a Browning platinum 26 gun I think fire proof safe for 20 yrs and love it . One of my main bitches is I have moved 3 times and at over 900 lbs empty I am glad I have a tractor to move it once I get it out to the front door. I will tell you do not keep it in the basement if you can because if fire does hit the shit in your safe fire proof or not will be toast . I like to put 3 thin strips of metal under it like 1/8 in then bolt it in the inside garage wall . This lets a small amount of air under it for rust stopping. I also have a tear gas bomb set up on it so if the safe does move 3 lbs of gas goes off at 3 min between 1lb sprays I do not know if they still make them but the brand name was terminator . Most of my guns are not in it because of other things like silver gold and cash . Invest in a goldenrod to keep it at 70 deg and dry . I went with the dial but there is no real diff . Mine is tumbler less so no way to hear it. But face it if it's a PRO going for it they will get their way with it given enough time. But I would never be without it. Nice for keeping things like titles , deeds, wills passports and of course guns and money or good drugs. ENJOY and do not show it off too much lol. Plus when your safe is full it will come close to 2000 lbs. Mine is if you want to add weight to it cheap buy shotgun shot in the 25 lb bags and there ya go instant dead weight.

crazybear

Safe's are cool, but only as secure as the thief is good! The non-safe approach usually works better & I will not elaborate !:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts