What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Picked up a new Gun Safe, What do you think?

crazybear

Okay I'll try with out giving a lot away, a person I know has a "lot" of guns, I know! But he does not have a gun safe, his house was broken into & none of his guns were stolen! He won't show me where there hidden & no I won't ask but, think about it this way a lot of guns no safe & none stolen! Must be a good hiding place!:wave:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry that is the least helpful comment I think I have ever read on IC bro no offense. We should not get or use a safe because your friend had his house broken into and his guns were hidden & not stolen? Okay that makes stoner sense I guess. :bigeye:

crazybear

I'm sorry that is the least helpful comment I think I have ever read on IC bro no offense. We should not get or use a safe because your friend had his house broken into and his guns were hidden & not stolen? Okay that makes stoner sense I guess. :bigeye:

Look I think your taking my comment the wrong way, I don't think gun safes are not the best way to secure your valuable guns or other things from one persons not losing there property! Gun safes are usually large very easily seen & if a thief can open it then your property is not safe but "hiding" your property is probably more safe than a gun safe! The only thing I am leaving out is where to hide things! So how is that not helpful! And no unfortunately I'm not stoned, wish I was cause damn I'm in pain!:wave:

wisco61

Safes protect against fire and floods too. The cash hidden in the bottom of the flour is gone when the house burns.

rogerw

1 main thing you must remember with safes. They only work as good as the $$$ your pay and to never show them off. With my safe it has 16 inch cold rolled deadbolts and a foam that will stop a torch . But if and only if a real pro or a lock smith that can get the blue print for specific safe then he could drill it open but even then it's hard because of the kind of steel they are made out of. My safe 20 yrs ago cost $2000. and I had to pick it up! The only way for a bubba type to open my safe is to hook up a truck and cable and pull it out of my house to go somewhere to saw it open. Safes just make a pro take time doing his job so the chances of getting pinched are increased . That's why I put on a hidden surprise for them hence the tear gas that's on a 5 min timer to spray 1 lb of it the in 5 another 1lb. Also NEVER put your safe in the basement !! water and humidity are your enemy also IF a fire happens guess where all of the hot coals go? We had a forest fire and 2 of my friends had fire proof safes 1 in the basement 1 in garage . The garage 1 made it but basement even melted the silver lead into a goopy block and the guns and papers were just steel for the guns and ashes for the documents.
I hope this clears some of the stuff up about safes.

BigDawg

if you got raided is it possible for them to make you open the safe or what would happen if they couldn't get it open and it was a heavy safe bolted to floor?

if you got raided is it possible for them to make you open the safe or what would happen if they couldn't get it open and it was a heavy safe bolted to floor?

They can't make you open it, but they are going to get it open. It's just a question of if you want them to get your stuff, or if you want them to get your stuff and wreck your safe.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
They can't make you open it, but they are going to get it open. It's just a question of if you want them to get your stuff, or if you want them to get your stuff and wreck your safe.

^ yup. by getting a safe you are protecting your stuff from rippers, not the cops.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But by keeping things locked up in your safe instead of in plain view or on a shelf in your closet you are greatly cutting down the chances of these things being spotted by LEO if they were to enter your residence for any reason, and yes it happens even without a warrant. Without a warrant that specifically says "safe" on it and specifies what they are looking for in it then they are not touching it. If you put your money or valuables inside mail with full postage applied with the name of yourself or a close family member on it that really makes some major hoops to have to jump through since local LEO cannot open your mail without a warrant from the postmaster and he must have probable cause to grant one. It gets kind of interesting when you secure valuables in a safe and they are in ready to mail condition this greatly increases the chance they are going to fuck up somewhere along the way process wise also so that if things do end up in court you may have some leverage if they violate any of your rights or the laws regarding mail. Chances are they will and a competent lawyer would have a field day in court. For instance they rip open your mail from inside your safe and find a few K in cash and try to confiscate it because your grow got busted but do so without having the proper warrants in place then it's simply not gonna happen that evidence I believe would have to be returned to you. :canabis:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
But by keeping things locked up in your safe instead of in plain view or on a shelf in your closet you are greatly cutting down the chances of these things being spotted by LEO if they were to enter your residence for any reason, and yes it happens even without a warrant. Without a warrant that specifically says "safe" on it and specifies what they are looking for in it then they are not touching it. If you put your money or valuables inside mail with full postage applied with the name of yourself or a close family member on it that really makes some major hoops to have to jump through since local LEO cannot open your mail without a warrant from the postmaster and he must have probable cause to grant one. It gets kind of interesting when you secure valuables in a safe and they are in ready to mail condition this greatly increases the chance they are going to fuck up somewhere along the way process wise also so that if things do end up in court you may have some leverage if they violate any of your rights or the laws regarding mail. Chances are they will and a competent lawyer would have a field day in court. For instance they rip open your mail from inside your safe and find a few K in cash and try to confiscate it because your grow got busted but do so without having the proper warrants in place then it's simply not gonna happen that evidence I believe would have to be returned to you. :canabis:

I wouldn't count on any of that. Authorities know those tricks and have ways around it.

Also the whole "warrant needs to specifically say safe on it" is a huge myth. If it is a general search warrant for a house, and they are looking for drugs, they have the right to break open the safe as long as what they are looking for could fit in said safe

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They may go in the safe yes but they are not allowed to open sealed mail I know that for a fact. There are alot of hoops to go through to open sealed mail, just an idea so take it for what it is or leave it no harm done brother. Much love. :tiphat:

SkunkWorks

pony up the loot for a Liberty Safe and unless you open it for LEO they sure as hell are not getting it open without destroying it and everything inside.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know about that brother since you would be amazed at what an experienced locksmith can do they sure won't destroy the contents of a safe by opening one up maybe some thug robbers blowing it up yes but not LEO they would get their locksmith who can open it up in short time with the torch, drill or a diamond blade and I believe the ones with a digital keypad have a master code they can get from the safe maker to open it right up. There are always backdoor codes to get into electronically secured devices. ;)

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
A nice big safe like that would be a magnificent decoy too. You could hide your expensive property and just use the safe as a decoy for LEO. From what I've seen, LEO is likely to do a quick look around and then focus their efforts and attention on the safe, especially if you act afraid they will get it open.
They might not look quite as hard elsewhere if they think that your shit is locked up in the safe, in plain sight.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no small time thief is cutting or drilling into a safe. they are doing a home invasion and making you open it at gun point. keep the safes out of site. it could be the difference between you getting hurt or worse yet killed.

B

BlazingSaddles

A nice big safe like that would be a magnificent decoy too. You could hide your expensive property and just use the safe as a decoy for LEO. From what I've seen, LEO is likely to do a quick look around and then focus their efforts and attention on the safe, especially if you act afraid they will get it open.
They might not look quite as hard elsewhere if they think that your shit is locked up in the safe, in plain sight.

I like the way your thinking here Stress_test, to add to that if you really have alot of "valuables" to hide and are using a safe as a decoy, u still need to think very carefully about what you place in there for them to "find".

It would have to be items that still incriminate and kinda lead them down the right (wrong) path but cannot be anything that will lead to serious charges against you. You want to divert the law's attention but in a way that gives them enough to charge you with some minor charges but not enough to buttfuck you into a federal prison for the next 20years.

All of this only really applies for the heavy hitters in the crowd to take these kind of precautions.

I dont think i explained it very well but its KINDA the same principle more or less as the call to the cops that gives them a tip off about 20keys of XYZ drug coming into the harbour that day the same day that another boat with 5 tons slips on through unnoticed.

Not sure if any of that is helpful but i tried lol.

Wait on WTF am i talking about.. 20keys of XYZ is federal time.. Worst example ever!... Ugh just forget it i failed couldn't explain my way out of a parking ticket lol.

Peace
Blazing

They dont need a specific warrant..All it takes is a false alert from their drug dog and they have probable cause to throw the safe into the search criteria. Same goes for the sealed mail. Get the dog to alert and thats all they will need to get further warrants.

Your rights dont mean shit. Especially when they pigs are already rummaging through your spot.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here it is, the Winchester model. Keypad entry, holds 24 long barrel guns. Weighs about 485 lbs empty. Defiantly feel safer with this thing to store my valuables in. I bolted her to the ground.
picture.php

picture.php

Saw the SAME safe last night at Costco in Santa Cruz for $299.00 and went "things that make you go hmmmm". On my list of things to get AFTER my hernia operation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts