What's new

Ph-PPM Perfect Advanced Nutrients Formula???

G

Ganja D

AN is a marketing gimick.

Save yourself thousands and just go with Lucas Formula like most of the commercial growers.

Most commercial growers results don't look or taste like small batch homegrown organics with bigger yields. AN users on the other hand, looks more like this.
And I'm getting better the more I use it. Still lots of room for improvement!
No disrespect intended. Just wanted to put in my 2 sense.

Sea_of_Green

Most commercial growers results don't look or taste like small batch homegrown organics with bigger yields. AN users on the other hand, looks more like this.
And I'm getting better the more I use it. Still lots of room for improvement!
No disrespect intended. Just wanted to put in my 2 sense.

that looks awesome....deliciously awesome....have to work on my grow a bit more to get these results, but I know Advanced Nutrients is probably my best bet. I keep seeing some bigger and better yields than other brands.

:window:

D

Darkstarlive

Big Bud and Overdrive are one of the best flowering combo around.
Nutes are only part of the equation, knowing how and when to use them makes all the difference.

Ganja D,
Hang in there dude. Work on your skills and one day it will happen for you..lol Awesome grow!!

Peace...:deadxmas:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
My problem with AN is the way they tout themselves as "Better than any other nutes"
Maybe they are, or maybe H&G kicks their ass.
Their advertising is way too much like a infomercial.
"Look at these giant tomatoes!" Kind of BS.
Stand on your own two feet, Advanced Nutrients!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Kcar, if you owned a company and produced a product wouldn't you want to claim your products were better than your competitors???? It's called business and no company is every gonna claim their competitors products is just as good or better. I've noticed a lot of AN haters on this site with no real good reason on why they hate them.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I don't hate AN. I use AN. Sensi bloom, Hammerhead, and PH up and down (Which kick ass)
My problem is with the way they make blanket statement like "Guaranteed minimum of 11.37% Bigger Yield over any competitor’s nutrients"

They are the only ones to use this kind of smoke and mirrors. Canna doesn't, Biobizz doesn't, H&G doesn't and on and on...
I've noticed a lot of AN haters on this site with no real good reason on why they hate them.

I guess this is the reason.

G

Ganja D

My problem with AN is the way they tout themselves as "Better than any other nutes"
Maybe they are, or maybe H&G kicks their ass.
Their advertising is way too much like a infomercial.
"Look at these giant tomatoes!" Kind of BS.
Stand on your own two feet, Advanced Nutrients!

If they really are better then anything else shouldn't they want to tell everyone about it so people can buy their products AND have better results.
I personally love their advertising, it's a big deal to say your the best and mean it and then back it up. Also they include more actual information about their products then most competitors. And some of it's funny. And their artwork is the shit.(even tho that dont matter)
I have a bet with a buddy who used H&G. I buy him a half crop worth of AN, he buys me a half crop of H&G. We both grow same strains same wattage. Compare results to see who's is better, quality and yield and loser switches to winners brand. It might be about 6-8 months before we start but I'll document it on ic. Should be fun.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
That would be cool to see. Honestly, I had one of my biggest harvest while using AN.
That being said, the genetics played a bigger part yet. Northern Lights and NLxSkunk#1,
Great yielders. I think you'd have to use clones from the same mother to eliminate
that variable. Also, it would be hard to match up the additives, but not impossible.

I'll definitely subscribe to that one!

acidone

This is all nice but the question still hasn't been answered: is it available in the US and Canada? more specifically through their northern lites distributor? And what do i do to get one of their piranha t-shirts? And posters! i want posters! :) I know many people willing to pay for their merchandise even though they don't use it lol.

Thank you anyone for any answer even blasphemous ones lol

This is all nice but the question still hasn't been answered: is it available in the US and Canada? more specifically through their northern lites distributor? And what do i do to get one of their piranha t-shirts? And posters! i want posters! :) I know many people willing to pay for their merchandise even though they don't use it lol.

Thank you anyone for any answer even blasphemous ones lol

well, Advanced Nutrients is made in Canada (as far as I've heard), so it should be available there and I've seen it in the U.S. too.

sounds like you have a lot of questions that you need answered. you know, most nute companies have a customer service line that you can call - i would suggest picking up a phone and callling AN yourself.

i'm sure their number is on their website...check it out - you can save yousrelf a lot of time by just going right to the company that's confusing you

not everyone on the forums has the answers, but the company would....

hookahma

well, Advanced Nutrients is made in Canada (as far as I've heard), so it should be available there and I've seen it in the U.S. too.

sounds like you have a lot of questions that you need answered. you know, most nute companies have a customer service line that you can call - i would suggest picking up a phone and callling AN yourself.

i'm sure their number is on their website...check it out - you can save yousrelf a lot of time by just going right to the company that's confusing you

not everyone on the forums has the answers, but the company would....

thanks stonercool:thanks:

i've actually talked to the folks at AN once or twice - cool guys who know their stuff. what's helped me in teh past when talking to nute companies is to have a list of questions ready ahead of time.

use the paper then to write down the answers

that way, you make sure you remember the answers and you don't hang up the phone and go, WTF did i just learn. it's happened to be before...sucks to have to call back and tell them, hey i'm an idiot...again.

LOL

:xmasnut:

chronicCA77

thanks stonercool:thanks:

i've actually talked to the folks at AN once or twice - cool guys who know their stuff. what's helped me in teh past when talking to nute companies is to have a list of questions ready ahead of time.

use the paper then to write down the answers

that way, you make sure you remember the answers and you don't hang up the phone and go, WTF did i just learn. it's happened to be before...sucks to have to call back and tell them, hey i'm an idiot...again.

LOL

:xmasnut:

hey but im worried that they're going to try to sell more stuff to me....on a tight budget and i don't really want to spend any more on my grow

thats the only reason i don't like callign the customer service reps...they seem so sales-y. course i dont really have exp with AN, so maybe they're different, but other nute companies (wont' name names - it's almost christmas, after all) seem to be a little pushy when they get you on the phone

:gift::gift::gift::gift::gift::gift:

ColoradoMed

Here it is the middle of March 2010. I've kept a close eye on the ph-PPM Plant Perfect since I first saw their add in H.T. mag. (the middle of last year).
I've called them a few times and they always say it will be introduced "THE BEGINNING OF NEXT MONTH" and that they are having problems with U.S.Customs authorizing it to be shipped across the border. I've kept a close eye on many of the website forums and it isn't just me upset with AN. As said before "don't advertise it if it isn't available". They are IDIOTS. I'm ready to switch to another nutrient company because of all the hype aaaaaaannnnnddddd delay. No straight answers are available when you call AN's customer service or their so called Nutrient Tech..
As can be seen by the entry dates on this thread. Everyone has given up on ph-PPM Plant Perfect ever coming out.

ColoradoMed

I forgot to mention I received an e-mail from AN to check out their GROWERS UNDERGROUND web site www.growersunderground.com/phmanifesto. It is amazing they are putting this manifesto on their site explaining ph levels when they are supposed to have this ph-PPM Plant Perfect coming out (AGAIN NEXT MONTH). What a crock!!!!!!

BCNeil

I forgot to mention I received an e-mail from AN to check out their GROWERS UNDERGROUND web site www.growersunderground.com/phmanifesto. It is amazing they are putting this manifesto on their site explaining ph levels when they are supposed to have this ph-PPM Plant Perfect coming out (AGAIN NEXT MONTH). What a crock!!!!!!

I agree with you completely. I live in BC, roughly 5 miles from the main AN headquarters. They have been advertising the new ph-ppm for almost 2 years, yet its not available.

18 months ago, it was ready to go, and they were just having a "packaging problem" Sounds like they are having much more problems than that if you ask me.

The local hydro store owner here use to be an expert at the ph-ppm stuff, he would explain in great detail how wonderful it will be, this was a few months ago. He would explain it in great detail, about the bundles, about the easy mixing ratios. Today he pretends he has never even heard about it, but will ask the AN sales rep next time he sees him.

Its pretty obvious 1 or 2 things has happened.
It has been delayed because of terrible business planning.
Why else would you advertise a new product 2 years before it comes out, maybe longer who knows.
Or 2, it has had major problems with their testers.

BCNeil

Here is an email I received today, directly from AN support....

Due to a number of changes taking place in the company and within the
industry, we have delayed the launch of our ppm-ph perfect line at this
moment. We are still waiting on a number of approvals and once that is done,
we should have the line up available to our customers. With the current time
line in place, it should be up and running within the next couple of months.

ColoradoMed

Here is an email I received today, directly from AN support....

Due to a number of changes taking place in the company and within the
industry, we have delayed the launch of our ppm-ph perfect line at this
moment. We are still waiting on a number of approvals and once that is done,
we should have the line up available to our customers. With the current time
line in place, it should be up and running within the next couple of months.
I DO BELIEVE THEY HAVE HOOKED THEIR ANSWERING MACHINE UP TO THE INTERNET NOW.
I heard this same answer 9 months ago.
No thanks!
If you can't believe the company, how good are their nutrients?
I've gone to another nutrient company. :wave:
ColoradoMed

Sensibowl

AH, that answers a lot. Didn't realize pH-PPM was delayed. I thought someone else on a board talked about using it, so this is a bit confusing. And at one point, I thought I had a bottle, but maybe I'm also confused. Maybe that was ph up and down. Meh.

Good to hear the final answer on this one. It's been all over the boards, it seems. Maybe an AN marketing push before it actually comes out???????

Wouldn't be shocking. :moon: <-- also shocking.

LOL

cultiv8

IIRC it hasn't been almost 2 years. More than one, yeah. I'd have to look, which I'm too lazy to do, but I seem to remember the pH Perfect thing getting hyped around the New Years before last. So we're getting close to a year and a half.

Whatever, it's not like I was waiting to grow bud until that came out. I'll be checking it out to see what's what, but whether it comes out next month or next year isn't gonna change what I do one bit. I'll buy it when I buy it.

If they really are better then anything else shouldn't they want to tell everyone about it so people can buy their products AND have better results.
I personally love their advertising, it's a big deal to say your the best and mean it and then back it up. Also they include more actual information about their products then most competitors. And some of it's funny. And their artwork is the shit.(even tho that dont matter)
I have a bet with a buddy who used H&G. I buy him a half crop worth of AN, he buys me a half crop of H&G. We both grow same strains same wattage. Compare results to see who's is better, quality and yield and loser switches to winners brand. It might be about 6-8 months before we start but I'll document it on ic. Should be fun.

That should be cool to watch.

And I agree, there's nothing wrong with tooting your own horn if you've got cause to toot it. There's enough BS "we've got the best burger ever recorded in history" commercials on TV it seems silly to complain when someone says their fertilizers are best. Burgers are a matter of personal taste, not so much with nutes.

But hey, if you grow better with X than Y stick with X. AN works for me so that's what I use. No skin off my nose if you're happy with something else.

It's funny though... all the hating on AN is what made me want to check it out in the first place...