What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph-PPM Perfect Advanced Nutrients Formula???

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
So I started a small grow again and went with a small hydro setup in a wardrobe closet. Im using general hydroponics nutes. Im growing one plant out right now from seed and started to notice some tip burning. I have been very careful with my nutes and PH, water temps and all that. So I was thinking of switching to AFN's PH-PPM Perfect formula that they have been advertising in the back of high times and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on what AFN products to use. I went to their website and couldnt find any info except this.
www.advancednutrients.com/ph-ppmperfect its a little video telling you about it, but like I said I cant figure out which nutes to get to make up this magical formula. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

G

guest 77721

I was talking to Thundurkle about this the other day in the Micro forum. He saw and advert in a Medical magazine claiming the same thing. I do grow with AN nutes, the Sensi AB and Big Bud and haven't had any pH problems. I checked all the AN website. Thier nute lineup hasn't changed in a long time.

D Rock

Veteran
Well after looking again I see there is a picture and it says,"New Breakthrough Formula"
and below that it has a picture of different AN products. They are Sensi bloom part A & B, Grow-Micro-Bloom, It says 5in1 then there are very small pics of Amino Acids, H-2, F-1, & Wet Betty.

So are all of these products what make up the New Breakthrough Formula?

It states several times that you dont have to use PH up or down and you dont have a need for PH & PPM meters. Is this true? I would gladly fork out the extra dough if I never have to check PH again, Damn what a pain the arse.

K

Kal-El

yes it's true. when the ph raises or lowers too much, the formula releases ph up or down to correct it. the up and down is coated with chemical that dissoves at certain ph.
hope that makes sense to you.

Nugz

So it seems that, besides their new ph-ppm perfect technology, they also came out with some new products, Bud Candy, Bud Ignitor, Rhino Skin and Bud Factor X, and also added amino acids, humic/fulvic and surfactant (wet betty) to their Sensi Bloom and Grow, Micro, Bloom nutrients.

They came out with some nutrient bundles. Gotta see what the price will be like.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/BiggerYieldsFloweringSystem.pdf

I'm wondering about their Connoiseur line, why it isn't part of this new ph-ppm perfect system.

D Rock

Veteran
Its all very confusing to me, I am going to one of the Hydro shops around and Im going to find out more, when I get more money that is.

Its all very confusing to me, I am going to one of the Hydro shops around and Im going to find out more, when I get more money that is.

Just my :2cents:, but those are the last people I would ask. They have a very strong financial incentive to convince you that AN's newest (and very expensive) nutrients kick-ass, and may be less than honest with you about them.

Advanced

The ppm-pH perfect system is the pH regulating components that will be added to the base nutrients (Sensigrow and bloom, Grow-Micro-Bloom and Connoisseur).

Added to the new formulation of the base nutrients will be amino acids, humic and fulvic acid and surfactants.

The new nutrient/supplement bundles are intended to be used with the base nutrients. The first bundle contains the basic supplements, the second bundle is to be used if you are using the first bundle, the third bundle is to be used with the first and second and the fourth bundle is to be used with 1,2 and 3.

The bundles are 3 or 4 products in one box and you essentially get one of the products for free when you buy them together.

The new products and the ppm/pH perfect base nutrients were expected to released already but although some of the new products are already available, I don't expect to see the ppm/pH perfect base nutrients on the shelves for another month or so.

cultiv8

Just my :2cents:, but those are the last people I would ask. They have a very strong financial incentive to convince you that AN's newest (and very expensive) nutrients kick-ass, and may be less than honest with you about them.

Actually the prices went down a good bit from what I've been hearing. I don't remember the exact prices off-hand, but if you search for "pH-PPM Perfect" or the "Bigger Yields Flowering System" you should be able to find some talk about the prices.

I downloaded a pdf of the feeding chart from somewhere, I'll try to attach it for you.

Last I'd heard this was coming out "any day now" but they keep finding new improvements to add so I'm not sure when it will hit shelves. I've told the guy at my shop to hold a Hobbyist, Expert and Professional level set for me whenever they come in. And if the pH-PPM thing works like they say I'll probably get the Grandmaster level package before I end up switching to 12/12.

Attachments

• SystemChart_2P-3P_LATEST_proof.pdf
    518.9 KB · Views: 67
G

guest 77721

Looks like two product changes to me. The ppm-pH change and the 2ml/l concentration for all the products should make it much easier to use.

The only complaint I have with AN is the nutrient calculator. It's obvious that AN wants you to buy the whole line of products and won't provide information on using a smaller selection. Why can't I get a nute schedule for Sensi AB Bloom and BigBud?

G

guest 77721

Thanks very much! I can run a little higher on the BB and less Sensi Bloom with this schedule.

One more question. I'm only mixing up 4l at a batch so I'm only using a small amount of Big Bud powder. I've been making a solution of 140ml water to 5g of powder so I have a solution of 0.5 g/10 ml. The solution doesn't seem to keep. It get's all snotty with bacterial growth and a bit of mould after a couple of weeks. Is this a problem?

Advanced

"Snotty" doesn't sound good.

If I understand your post, you're pre mixing powdered Big Bud with water to make a solution that you add to your 4 liter reservoir when you mix up a new batch of nutrients. Is that correct?

If so I would recommend that you just add powdered Big Bud directly to your 4 liter container every time you mix a batch.

I only mix up enough nutrient solution that I can use in a week. For organics I only mix up enough for the feeding. If I'm feeding from a reservoir then I only mix up enough for 2-3 days.

Big Bud contains amino acids and proteinates and can form strings if left to sit for a while in certain conditions but there's really no food for bacteria in either Sensi Bloom or Big Bud.

You may want to wash out the container you're using between feedings. A clean reservoir will help prevent bacterial blooms.

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
AN is a marketing gimick.

Save yourself thousands and just go with Lucas Formula like most of the commercial growers.

G

guest 77721

The BigBud is getting about 1tsp mixed into 140ml of water to make a concentrated solution. I'm hand watering a couple of plants in soil and mix up a 4l batch of the week's feeding formula. So it sounds like it's making protein strings after about two weeks. The problem is that the Big Bud powder is too concentrated. I've been mixing 5ml of it at a time using a graduated medicine dispenser. The problem is that 1-2 grams for a batch is hard to measure so I figured a concentrated solution would be easier and more accurate to dispense with a medicine syringe.

Hey Headie, I'm doing hobby grows with a coupla plants and only have $75 invested in Sensi Bloom and BigBud. I'm only using about 50ml of the Sensi Bloom and a couple of teaspoons of Big Bud per cycle. It's only costing me $5 in nutes and I'll get about 20 grows out my $75 investment.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So I started a small grow again and went with a small hydro setup in a wardrobe closet. Im using general hydroponics nutes. Im growing one plant out right now from seed and started to notice some tip burning. I have been very careful with my nutes and PH, water temps and all that. So I was thinking of switching to AFN's PH-PPM Perfect formula that they have been advertising in the back of high times

I hate to break it to you but the nutes you have will grow perfect plants. I seriously doubt switching to something else will help.

Have you tried using the nutes with the Lucas method?

Diego

I dunno, as a longtime backer of the Lucas Formula and its relative recipes, Advanced is turning my head. Advanced packs in a lot more flavor somehow and for my preference as of late, Advanced is kinda pushing ahead. Maybe Im just getting tired of Lucas nug, if that makes any sense to you, but here in SD all the kids here are following the pack and not catching up to what the people in LA, Bay Area, and Northern cats are on. With exception to well tended outdoor organic, for indoor I would give Advance a try headiez. It cost a lot because well, its seems to be a lot more dialed in on the different nutrients needed for growing quality over gh. Gh is good product, just not as dialed in.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I dunno, as a longtime backer of the Lucas Formula and its relative recipes, Advanced is turning my head. Advanced packs in a lot more flavor somehow and for my preference as of late, Advanced is kinda pushing ahead. Maybe Im just getting tired of Lucas nug, if that makes any sense to you, but here in SD all the kids here are following the pack and not catching up to what the people in LA, Bay Area, and Northern cats are on. With exception to well tended outdoor organic, for indoor I would give Advance a try headiez. It cost a lot because well, its seems to be a lot more dialed in on the different nutrients needed for growing quality over gh. Gh is good product, just not as dialed in.

I've done both. The 7k grow in my sig was done using $1,000 worth of AN nutes. Product was good, but not $1,000 more good. I don't get paid more because I used AN, I get paid the same regardless.

I will agree that with small micro grows it doesnt matter, but when your growing commercial, the shit adds up fast.

Latest posts

Latest posts