What's new

Ph-PPM Perfect Advanced Nutrients Formula???

It's funny to me when people contradict themselves with their own complaints. If the marketing videos are so lame, how can we also be complaining about how enormous the marketing machine is?

I don't know about you guys, but I don't see this massive juggernaut the rest of you seem to. Their stuff isn't the same as the big budget companies, it seems pretty low-key to me. So Big Mike is clearly not an actor. He's not supposed to be, right?

If I were in charge of their marketing I'd have done it different, but if you ask 10 different people how to do something like that you'll get at LEAST ten different answers. I don't care how they do it anyway, the nutes work great. It's not like we're using the videos to grow our plants, right?
LOL, low key? Flying giant banners overhead large cities with a pot leaf asking people if they "Want Big Sugary Buds?" is low key? The yield challenge is an obvious stunt.

Product placement on Weeds, and in Pineapple Express - definitely very low key. I'm sorry, but give us a break. There are lots of phrases that can be used to describe Advanced, but low-key will never be one of them... How long have you worked for them?

Leviathan

u look at AN products line and u think you need a phd to grow hydro, i actually think their marketing puts of alot of people who could grow hydro buds but decide to stick with soil from sheer fear of needing 12 things to grow a weed,im a one part floranova bloom guy right now and i didnt now how easy coco was until i heard of lucus in one bottle, i may go to micro bloom next grow to eliminate the excess N late in flower but im happy with the ease of use of a one part.

phD to grow?

phD to grow?

I'm not sure you need a phD to grow, especially if you're just growing a few plants. I remember when I was first starting out with a few pots in my closet. I just used what I could afford and came up with decent yields.

But then, I think this happens to a lot of people, you begin to want more than just a 'decent' grow. You become a bit of a cannabis snob. Just like I don't drink coffee at just any old place, I'm not going to grow my green any old way anymore.

While, yes, it takes some time to get the hang of the AN chart, it's not really that difficult. And when I saw the results, I was sold. After years of fighting with the ppm and the pH, I can now just do the same thing every grow and see great results.

But that's just my experience - and I admit to having years of ups and downs with every product I've used. I think as you get more experience, you begin to focus less on how tedious things are and you focus more on what results you're getting. Hard work does pay off, after all.

:2cents:

I'm not sure you need a phD to grow, especially if you're just growing a few plants. I remember when I was first starting out with a few pots in my closet. I just used what I could afford and came up with decent yields.

But then, I think this happens to a lot of people, you begin to want more than just a 'decent' grow. You become a bit of a cannabis snob. Just like I don't drink coffee at just any old place, I'm not going to grow my green any old way anymore.

While, yes, it takes some time to get the hang of the AN chart, it's not really that difficult. And when I saw the results, I was sold. After years of fighting with the ppm and the pH, I can now just do the same thing every grow and see great results.

But that's just my experience - and I admit to having years of ups and downs with every product I've used. I think as you get more experience, you begin to focus less on how tedious things are and you focus more on what results you're getting. Hard work does pay off, after all.

What nutes did you use other than advanced? What did you like/dislike about them that made you go to advanced? What drew you to advanced over the other options? Isn't the ppm/pH perfect stuff still in development? How have you had time to run it already? Do you work for them?

Leviathan

im not saying im afraid anymore just that ive seen monster buds and 8 thousand watt hps setups with just the lucus formula and the buds got top dollar believe me.. its almost all the same shit within reason, ph your water dont over due it and your golden each time.. all theese AN products turn me of and there stupid names to, so much hype in growing, and in the seed industry its simply outrageous, brand new second hand seeds people have been smoking for years each year with a differant name.. much like npk from petrol based chemicals, if its in the right value of npk thats all that matters, that and a good flush, then theres molasses, and sweetners and of course tons of over priced versions from nute companies that are just sugar with hype n marketing, all we all this gullable, get yourself a ph kit and some good water and almost any bloom nute will produce bomb weed if dialed in, by yourself some blackstrap molasees and your done with sugars and cal mag substitues, plus u can eat it to and increase your own health as i bought mine for myself before i started growing.

im not saying im afraid anymore just that ive seen monster buds and 8 thousand watt hps setups with just the lucus formula and the buds got top dollar believe me.. its almost all the same shit within reason, ph your water dont over due it and your golden each time.. all theese AN products turn me of and there stupid names to, so much hype in growing, and in the seed industry its simply outrageous, brand new second hand seeds people have been smoking for years each year with a differant name.. much like npk from petrol based chemicals, if its in the right value of npk thats all that matters, that and a good flush, then theres molasses, and sweetners and of course tons of over priced versions from nute companies that are just sugar with hype n marketing, all we all this gullable, get yourself a ph kit and some good water and almost any bloom nute will produce bomb weed if dialed in, by yourself some blackstrap molasees and your done with sugars and cal mag substitues, plus u can eat it to and increase your own health as i bought mine for myself before i started growing.

Exactly, the labeling on most nutrient products is so shitty that we don't even know what we're adding. Lots of nutrients that I've seen say 0-0-3, even though they are definitely not intended for increasing K. There are usually secret ingredients that actually do the work, and it's hard to cut through the hype and figure out what is really going on.

bud-e

Yup yup

darookie - does anyone actually buy the whole "do you work for them" thing? Do you just think everyone who likes AN is paid? How the hell would that work? You can't get anywhere paying people to buy your stuff, that's like the dumbest business model of all time.

Yup yup

darookie - does anyone actually buy the whole "do you work for them" thing? Do you just think everyone who likes AN is paid? How the hell would that work? You can't get anywhere paying people to buy your stuff, that's like the dumbest business model of all time.

It's not a thing, I'm asking an honest question. How much does it cost for someone paid by AN to go to a bunch of sites and hype up AN? You may not be able to pay people to buy your stuff but you definitely can pay people to say they've bought it and love it.

Plus, every time I see a new account only posting to say how much they like AN, what are we supposed to think? That nobody who loves AN has any passion for growing? AN is about creating perceived value. They charge high prices because people think if it's expensive it must be good, and then publish newsletters to tell shop owners that's why they charge so much.

dmt

Veteran
Isn't that supposed to be typos?;)

you guys are awesome hahahah lol

aside from that^^^^^ great thread. the best thing about an that ican say is exposing to most growers the ude of amino acids, sugars and enzymes. humic and fulvic are also not talked about much amongst geezer growers i know(maybe icing sugar at most).

if anyone adds most any sugar source to a grow, it will pack weight, increase growth, enhance aroma and taste grown and flushed properly right?

that can be said for all their other additives as well. you dont need AN carboload, enzymes, humic, fulvic or bud blood to get these results.

one thing they can take credit for is marketing most all these enhancers all at once under 1 brand/feeding line. they provide a very "advanced" feeding program which all industry leaders now copy. i mean all companies had routines, but not for specific times in the week to add or subtract certain things.

their marketing is bogus, and labeling, but il bet if you bought cheaper yet eqauly respectable "enhanced additives", it would be worth the money and work. i mean adding sugar alone can make or break smell and taste, organic or hydro, right? or no?

for alot of growers, its convenient and worth the money to call in an order at a hydro store, pay 1 bill at one place and be on with it. other people who could care less about how much time is spent on or in their grow, can run around and acquire the cheapest product equivalants from 5-15 diffenet stores, i say its all equal in the end for your time/money/work/return. i do know guys with dialed in AN/AN style feeding formulas, and they get 500-1000 more bucks a lb for their quality compared to beaster growers who use lucas with the same clones. the additives do matter. but if the grower/strain sucks it wont realy. they dont have to be AN. i use the VHO for my moms and i can take twice as many cuttings a month, im sure if i used auxins from another source, my results would be the same, but who markets to "growers" who have "mother" plants? and is it easy to track down cheaper auxins to save a buck or two or whatever?

this is one of the best threads ive read in ic mag about formulas, aside from some flaming, but whatevs....... thank you all for your points and insight, d

bud-e

Well with the welcome (accusations) you give, darookie, it's no wonder if you see a lot of AN users that don't want to stick around long enough to drive up their post counts.

I'm always very skeptical of people who see conspiracies. It's easy to find evidence if it supports the very thing you want most to be true.

Well with the welcome (accusations) you give, darookie, it's no wonder if you see a lot of AN users that don't want to stick around long enough to drive up their post counts.

I'm always very skeptical of people who see conspiracies. It's easy to find evidence if it supports the very thing you want most to be true.
Nothing about this post proves anything that I've said wrong. Lol, you're skeptical of me? Neat. I have nothing to prove to you. I don't trust that it's merely coincidence that a company that works so hard on marketing would employ people to post on boards that they had great experiences with AN. The AN approach is about creating perceived value and this would be one way to do that. I don't see a conspiracy. It's not a conspiracy for a company to pay people to advertise their products. It's shady to have them not indicate they are paid endorsers, but there's not conspiracy, just a business practice I don't happen to agree with.

trugreens

Nothing about this post proves anything that I've said wrong. Lol, you're skeptical of me? Neat. I have nothing to prove to you. I don't trust that it's merely coincidence that a company that works so hard on marketing would employ people to post on boards that they had great experiences with AN. The AN approach is about creating perceived value and this would be one way to do that. I don't see a conspiracy. It's not a conspiracy for a company to pay people to advertise their products. It's shady to have them not indicate they are paid endorsers, but there's not conspiracy, just a business practice I don't happen to agree with.

that makes sense darookie...

i guess when i see anything on a board, i take it with a grain of salt - and assume others do the same, instead of telling them that they should be paranoid...because, IMO, it sounds like you're saying saying that anyone who likes AN and talks about it is something that is lying. I'm not sure that's true. I'm sure that companies do encourage folks to talk about their products, but at the same time, free speech is there to say that's okay...and that others need to simply do their own researcdh instead of just listening to any wacko on the web...:eggnog:

anonymity on forums makes people say a whole bunch of sh--. I mean, really, are people really having as great a grows as they say they already are? you can get photos on the web anywhere that make you look like a master - and no one can argue with you or really know if ANYONE is telling the truth...

heckk, i'm not going to post stuff about a grow of mine if it sucked...i'm only going to speak up when I have a prob or when something really works...but that's just me, I guess

Rant complete...have a good one :smokeit:

bud-e

Exactly, trugreens.

It simply isn't possible that even a significant percentage of the people who say they like AN are paid to. Unless I'm mistaken Advanced Nutrients is one of the top selling brands, or at the very least sells very well. The company is successful.

So there has to be other people like me who buy their products. And given the abundance of other options out there, many of which are cheaper, if someone's buying AN it's reasonable to assume they like it better.

I'm not sure I believe there's a bunch of cloak and dagger advertising going on, but there would logically have to be a lot more people not involved in that than those who are or it would be common knowledge, right?

And that makes it a little unfair to speculate about people's honesty based on little more than personal nutrient preference.

trugreens

Exactly, trugreens.

It simply isn't possible that even a significant percentage of the people who say they like AN are paid to. Unless I'm mistaken Advanced Nutrients is one of the top selling brands, or at the very least sells very well. The company is successful.

So there has to be other people like me who buy their products. And given the abundance of other options out there, many of which are cheaper, if someone's buying AN it's reasonable to assume they like it better.

I'm not sure I believe there's a bunch of cloak and dagger advertising going on, but there would logically have to be a lot more people not involved in that than those who are or it would be common knowledge, right?

And that makes it a little unfair to speculate about people's honesty based on little more than personal nutrient preference.

that's all I'm saying....

:thanks:

G

guest 77721

I've done a couple of grows now with AN nutes. I can tell you that they are an improvement over cheap chem-nutes. I used Shultz 10-15-12 for a couple of my first grows and to be careful to control salt buildups.

My first grow with Sensi-AB was bang on with no pH problems or lockouts. The addition of Big Bud gave me a 30% increase in yield.

I've spent about $70 Cdn on the Sensi-AB and Big Big and have only used a 1/3 of the Sensi AB and hardly any of the Big Bud powder on 4 two plant grows yielding about 2 oz per plant in a grow cabinet. I'd say I'm spending less than $2 an ounce on nutes and about $10 for electricity.

There is a lot of noise about how much the AN costs and the marketing BS. My grow is for personal use and a hobby to boot. I could buy all the AN lineup and I'd still be under $10 an ounce. One thing the AN nutes are concentrated but then again so is that 10 year old bottle of Shultz.

One thing, I haven't heard is that AN doesn't grow nice pot or comparing it to Miracle Grow.

C'mon you commerical guys, just admit that you're greedy and spending fifty bucks on nutes to grow a pound is too much when you're getting a couple of grand for it.

Y

YosemiteSam

I admit it $50 for nutes to grow a pound is too much for me to spend even selling it for 4K a pound. But that is because I can grow a pound for $10 with GH that is every bit as good, both from a yield and quality point of view.

HappY???

Latest posts

Latest posts