What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Grow with 2 1k Bloom Rooms!

Work2much

No more FF POM in the mix? Bummer, I liked that stuff. I always thought it was key in your old mix in that it takes a while to break down and is what your plants were probably feeding on later in life after the other nutes were gone.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words guys, I had a spider mite issue in my 1st 2 rounds with this setup, So I shut it down momentarily to get rid of the mites, I had to chop all the moms down and take new clones, Get rid of round #3 and #4 and start back over from scratch, I did get a descent end harvest from round #1 and round #2 but nothing to brag about considering what should be pulled per run per light with this setup. I had to chop both crops at 8 weeks 12/12 and I usually run 70 minimum for 90% of the strains I run.

Either way I appreciate all the kind words and here are a couple pictures of the harvest from round #2. I will get back to this thread here soon and get it up to date and keep the updates coming been busy with led light test grow at the moment.

Without any further delay here are harvest photo's of round #2 :thank you:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
oh my man blaze...
i feel ya on the mites. i just had my first struggle with them. actually bout to chop this round early due to them and take a month off to recover some healthy veg. it sucks but i hope i get rid of them.... it already is gonna cost me a run and already ruined my yearly total. all from a gift from a friend. not the gift i expected, more like herpes... the gift that keeps on giving.
i hope u snuffed em all out man. i feel for ya.
any advise, or insight as to what u did to kill them?
thanks
sir

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
oh my man blaze...
i feel ya on the mites. i just had my first struggle with them. actually bout to chop this round early due to them and take a month off to recover some healthy veg. it sucks but i hope i get rid of them.... it already is gonna cost me a run and already ruined my yearly total. all from a gift from a friend. not the gift i expected, more like herpes... the gift that keeps on giving.
i hope u snuffed em all out man. i feel for ya.
any advise, or insight as to what u did to kill them?
thanks
sir

I had to use extreme measures these were some vicious little mites, I had to toss 2 plants in the trash from round #2 because they became badly infested and had to be removed and trashed, I did take a picture here it is, clearly they had taken this plant out and the one directly to the right of it.

What I done though was this.

I harvested the flowering crops, Then chopped my moms down and took cuts, I cleaned the rooms up really good with a mild bleach solution while the cuts were rooting.

Once rooted, I took the cuts and put them under a sink sprayer and power washed them vigorously rubbing them while spraying them with hot and cold cranked to the max for highest pressure I could get.

After that I dunked them into azamax, I mixed it at 7.5ml per little spry bottle I have, I think its a 16oz spray bottle x however many bottles it took to fill the dunk container I used a pitcher for coolaid and it took 5 bottles to fill it up.

I submerged every cut for 1 minute and then pulled them out and set them upright for another 1 minute and then powerwashed them again.

After that the next day I let off a Pyrethrum TR Fogger, 3 days later I mixed up some floramite at 1/2tps per gallon and did the dunk all over again only this time I didnt power wash them.

Again 3 days later I set off a Preclude TR Micro Total Release Insecticide bomb.

Lastly 3 days later I repeated the azamax dunks and as of now I think they are officially gone. Only time will tell.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Thanks man. I was gonna go just as hard on them. Now I will try dunking them. Thanks somuch

Yo Blaze! Sup amigo! :wave:

Quick question about your soil mix. After you mix it up, (then mix agian :)), do you let it sit, water it and let it sit, or just mix and use? I'm makin' a 50 mile trip next week to buy the all the FoxFarm stuff for the next round and want to make sure I'm doin' it like the "Master" does. :bow: LOL.
Also, how many pots will that mix fill using 3-5 gallon buckets and can I store whats left to use in my next run?

Thanks Blaze and as always, "MAD PROPS!" :smoke out:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Yo Blaze! Sup amigo! :wave:

Quick question about your soil mix. After you mix it up, (then mix agian :)), do you let it sit, water it and let it sit, or just mix and use? I'm makin' a 50 mile trip next week to buy the all the FoxFarm stuff for the next round and want to make sure I'm doin' it like the "Master" does. :bow: LOL.
Also, how many pots will that mix fill using 3-5 gallon buckets and can I store whats left to use in my next run?

Thanks Blaze and as always, "MAD PROPS!" :smoke out:

I personally mix the soil and plant directly into the mix the same hr, I do not let it set and cook or anything of that sort.

To store it I reccomend soaking it with water and then keeping it moist until you use it. Well it will fill around 16-18 pots at 3 gallon and around 10 or so pots at 5 gallons per pot.

superusa

Holy crap. I'll lose sleep at night because of that picture.

So funny, and so true.

All jokes aside blaze you always have the cleanest setups. I would love to see some more monster rdwc grows too.I don't even need to read this whole thread to assume that you have handled the mite situation sufficiently.

Yo blaze, sup? Hope all's well in the ol' garden.
Got two quick questions.
One rookie question, am I correct in thinking, (I hope), that "Bcuzz Hydromix" is the same as sphagnum peat moss? Yes-No-kind of?
And two, I'm having problems finding worm castings. I've been into 3 local garden shops locally and none know where I can get any. Is there anything else that I could use to replace it?

Thanks Amigo And Grow On!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
All my pest problems are solved no more issue's with the pesty mites so now its time to focus on production...

I am currently running a new soil mix with suplimental feedings, As all who have followed my work knows for the past 2 year atleast, I have been using the minimalistic approach using basic soil recipe to get steady results.

Now I am working to maximize the results.

The new mix...

1 bail of bcuzz hydro soiless mix
1 bag foxfarm ocean forrest
1 bag foxfarm happy frog
1 bag of earthworm castings
2 bricks of coco
1 cup blood meal
1 cup bone meal
1/2 cup of kelp meal
1/2 cup of foxfarm peice of mind japanese maple
3/4 cup dolomite lime or pulverized limestone
25-30% chunky perlite

Additives and suppliments.
liquid karma
great white shark
silica blast
sweet grape
beastie bloomz
cha ching

All my previous mixes posted were geared torwards prividing bare minimal ingredients needed to produce a descent crop.

This mix/feed schedule is geared towards maximizing the results, Bigger buds tastier smoke and healthier plants equal larger yields.

I'll start by breaking it all down

Bcuzz hydro mix gives us a peat based starting mix pretty much plain peat with added perlite.

The foxfarm ocean forrest provides some key nutrients readily available to the plants.

The foxfarm happy frog will provide some benneficial fungi as well as some humic acids.

The earthworm castings will provide us with some extra nitrogen but it will also help with the lightweight texture of the overall mix giving it a little more soil like appeal.

The blood meal, Bone meal, Kelp meal and peace of mind japanese maple will provide the basic npk elements needed.

Coco bricks
These will provide a little moisture retention to the soil...

Chunky Perlite
Will provide aeration to the soil and help with drainage.

The lime will help keep the ph in check and just never hurts to add some to any soil...

Liquid Karma
This provides the vitamins and amino acids which are very bennificial to plants.

Great White Shark
This will provide plenty of bennificial fungi and bacteria.

Silica blast
This will provide silcate to the ladies helps with heat/drought issue's and strengthens the cellular walls of the plant producing stronger healthier stocks.

Sweet
This will provide the benneficial microbes a food source so they dont go feeding off the plants, This will make sure the plants get to make use of all the extra glucose they will be producing after the bacteria and fungi increase the nutrient uptake etc etc.

Beastie Bloomz
This is a pk boost for the girls when needed during flower.

Cha Ching
This will provide some micro-nutrients during the latter stages of bloom.

I'm gonna share a grow with you guys and post the feeds and everything for anyone who wishes to use the mix and schedule.

I'll share some pictures of everything here in the next couple hrs or tommorow.

Until next time be safe and take care!

WoW!

Burn 1, that is an incredibly clean a beautiful setup. I haven't read any posts past your initial posting & I knew immediately that I would build that as close as possible. Tried to give some rep+, but apparently I already rep'd you elsewhere.

Man - I sure plan to make it so neat and professional as yours. I'm stoked by photo's at this point, however I plan to read this entire thread. May be asking for specificics later.

Peace.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I preveged these babies for 14 days in 1 gallon bags using the last of the old soil mix, Then I transplanted them into 5 gallon bags using the new mix.

I done a feeding at transplant. Fully saturating the soil using the following...

Liquid Karma 1 tsp per gallon
Silica Blast 1/4 tsp per gallon
Great White Shark 1 tsp per gallon
Sweet Grape 1 tsp per gallon

They are exactly a week into veg, Currently vegging these under the big lights while starting others in the veg room.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
whats up blaze!

glad you figured out the mites! can't believe you let them get that bad! did you just think that nest was one nice bud growing! HAHA... i fucking HATE mites... i had them for a while and tried everything in the book, and then I found "FLORAMITE"... the stuff knocked them out GOOD...

its amazing that people have mites and they just let them be and don't get rid of them... really pisses me off actually..

anyways looking good in there, glad you got your AC Box running smooth as well by adding the new fan to the intake...

lookin forward to more pics..

stay safe hombre'

LW

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
whats up blaze!

glad you figured out the mites! can't believe you let them get that bad! did you just think that nest was one nice bud growing! HAHA... i fucking HATE mites... i had them for a while and tried everything in the book, and then I found "FLORAMITE"... the stuff knocked them out GOOD...

its amazing that people have mites and they just let them be and don't get rid of them... really pisses me off actually..

anyways looking good in there, glad you got your AC Box running smooth as well by adding the new fan to the intake...

lookin forward to more pics..

stay safe hombre'

LW

I actually treated the plants in that round with floramite and azamax, However I stopped treatment at 3 weeks 12/12 and by week 8 they had gotten that bad, I didnt really expect them to get so bad but they did.

Problem solved and now its time to grow some nice nugs!