What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual Grow with 2 1k Bloom Rooms!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Whats up ic I'm back to share a perpetual grow which is really just getting on the way. Grab your :lurk: and enjoy the show....

The bloom rooms I am about to share with you measure 4'2" x 4'2" x 6'8" (119.952 cubic ft) they are built inside of a 10x10x7' (700 cubic ft) room which is completely sealed up, aside from the active exhaust and passive intake. I have a 8" vortex 747cfm installed with a 8" carbon scrubber and 8" duct muffler like this --> scrubber--> fan--> muffler--> outside of room. The passive intake hole is 16" to give good air flow.

Each of the bloom rooms house a 1k hps in a cooltube with hortilux bulbs ran from a 40amp intermatic hardwired timer board. I have a 6" 440cfm inline blower pulling air from inside the main room, through the lights and back out the tents to the main room, I have the tents linked together with a piece of 8" hard ducting. In one tent I have 2 3" bathroom exhaust fans pushing air out of tent #2 and tent #1 I have 2 6"x10" vents installed as the passive intake. Basically airflow is set to move from the main room through the tents and back into the main room.

Here are some pictures of the 2 bloom rooms!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The veg room measures at 6'x3.5'x6' (126 cubic ft) I have a 600w hps with hortilux bulb currently, Going to add either a 400mh or some floresent tubes for the cloner and moms. The 600w is for pre vegging the babies for the bloom rooms. I have a 120cfm bathroom exhaust fan installed pushing air out of the room and I have a 6"x10" vent installed for active intake.

I use an easy cloner replica for cloning. I use plain bcuzz hydro mix with added earth worm castings 2 cups per bag of bcuzz hydro mix (4cf) I believe , for starting freshly rooted clones, I put the fresh rooted babies into 16 oz cups to get them started, 10-14 days in the cups and they are ready for the bags!

The soil mix I use is the following

1 bag foxfarm ocean forest
1 bag foxfarm happy frog
1 bail bcuzz hydro mix
1&1/4 cup blood meal
1&1/4 cup bone meal
4 cups earth worm castings
3/4 cup of powdered lime
20-30% chunky perlite

Important
Mix it really well, When you think its good mix it some more!

Now let's get to the growing, Currently I have the following strains.

Urkle
Ecsd
Grapefruit
Schrom
Shire
Chem D
Chem 91
Abusive og
Pre 98 Bubba
Katsu Bubba
Lemon Drop
FFA
West Coast Dog
Dsdv2
Jacks Cleaner
Blockhead
Cheese
STU

Most of the strains listed above I just recently abtained and just got them rooted and planted into cups. I have had ecsd, urkle, pre 98 bubba, ffa, and chem d. I recently built the new rooms and while I was building the rooms I had rooted one clone of each to make mothers out of, Well I took my good old time building the rooms and left them in cups for about 40 days. Then to make matters worse I obtained the katsu bubba during that 40 days, Needless to say it come fully loaded with mites. Me more worried about getting the rooms finished up continues neglecting the babies without notice that mites were taking over. That toppled with rootbound & nute deffeciency as well as lack of proper climate left the momma's looking pretty horrible.

I had to transplant them quickly into the bags using the mix above, I stripped down a lot of the mite damaged leafs and sprayed them down really well with azamax (I mixed 10ml azamax into a 16oz spray bottle) What a way to start off a new growroom...

The plants after being stripped and washed off real good!
picture.php

Look what I stripped from the plants before washing them down!
picture.php

Since the above I have taken new clones from each of the above mentioned plants. Plus I obtained all the others listed in the current momslist above. I have those all rooted and ready to go, I also got the old momma's back to health, I decided to throw them into tent#1 and use them as my first round. I also have 16 urkle rooted and in the veg room in 3 gal bags, These will be put into tent #2 soon as the girls in tent#1 are 35 days into flower. They have just been flipped so they have a bit to go yet.

Here are some pictures of round number one!
picture.php

picture.php

I know your thinking man that canopy looks like crap, Me too :) But its a sacrifice I am accepting, I have 2 urkle 1 pre 98 bubba 1 ecsd 1schrom 1 ffa and lastly 1 chem d in there so its gonna be a mess. Round #1 is just a get the ball rollin deal, after this its one strain per run per tent.

Now here are some pictures of the veg room, I have 16 urkles in 3 gal bags and all the freshly rooted moms in cups on the right. Then I have some others in the cloner on the left in the pics below.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ok everyone thats where I am currently, I will keep the updates flowing, Feel free to drop a line when you stop by for a view, Until next time be safe and take care!

sanke

your room is so neat a tidy, love the way you got everything set up. cant wait to start seeing some buds!! :)

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweeeeeet setup bro very impressive and clean i likey
got my seat coffee and popcorn
peace

reckon

I love the "cable management", and very clean setup,....can't wait to see the finished nugs

makes me want to go COMPLETELY re-do my setup

great work

:bongsmi:

fireman

Impressive as always sir!!

May i ask i have seen you use one of those powerboards/panels before. Did you build it or know how to build a subpanel such as that one?

I need a 50am board and socket mainly but not too savy on electricity besides basics.

But dont know what looks better that straint list or the grow hard to decide. Definitely be watching this one.

DimitriKing

hey blaze amazing stuff..what Lineage is the grapefruit, had some 'female seed co seeds grapefruit' and it was an incredible strain wud be interesting to know!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The temperature in the main room is right around 75ish and the air comming out the vents from the aircooled lights is probly 85-90f not sure havent tested that, The temps in each tent set around 80-85f no higher or lower during lights on, Its about a 5-10 degree difference in the temps of the main room and the temps inside the tents!

T

tokinafaty420

*shakes fist at the heavens* I hate those damn pesky mites.

Looking forward to watching this progress. Pulling up my seat.

A Question for the Anointed One

A Question for the Anointed One

Blazeoneup,

How many 3 gallon bags can you fill with the new recipe? Have you used the new recipe with success, or is this run an experiment? Do you recommend the new recipe over the old recipe? What is meant by "20-30%" chunky perlite? Does it mean that 20-30% of the 3 gallon bag should be perlite? How do you go about measuring that out?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Blazeoneup,

How many 3 gallon bags can you fill with the new recipe? Have you used the new recipe with success, or is this run an experiment? Do you recommend the new recipe over the old recipe? What is meant by "20-30%" chunky perlite? Does it mean that 20-30% of the 3 gallon bag should be perlite? How do you go about measuring that out?

I have used the mix listed above prior to posting this thread, I am very happy with the results using it, I do not have any plant shots but I do have some dried nugs of urkle and bubba grown in the mix listed.

I can fill 16-18 3 gal bags per mix. Depends on how tightly packed they are. By 20-30% perlite I mean 20-30% of the total volum of soil mix. Usually around half a bag of chunky perlite per mix.

Here are some nugs grown using the mix above!

picture.php

picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Blaze, i love your style, everything is always so clean.

i'll be watching this one for sure, can't wait to see how your new strains come out!

OH DEAR GOD ANOTHER BLAZEONEUP ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance013:

Just love watching you fucking kill it bro. again, and again, and again.
1 question. Why the new mix? any major differences with the performance of this mix and the "hits the dirt again mix" ?(which is tits)

OH DEAR GOD ANOTHER BLAZEONEUP ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance013:

Just love watching you fucking kill it bro. again, and again, and again.
1 question. Why the new mix? any major differences with the performance of this mix and the "hits the dirt again mix" ?(which is tits)

This is a good question.

Does anyone Else around here think Blaze is approaching hero status? :biggrin:
Blaze, your grows are aw-inspiring! Grow on my friend!