What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Case Growers Club

hempgrowingnewb

Does it have to be a pc case? I passed by a furniture store earlier and wooden cabinets 1ft x 1ft x 4ft were $50.

For 100% stealth, yes. It would be quite odd that cabinet is making fan noises. I am trying to keep this grow setup stealth even from my SO. I grow other plants also so it is not suspicious for me to have pumps, fertilizer, soil and all growing related stuff.

I am in IT-industry so server making noise 24/7 on corner of my flat isn't suspicious at all. I will go full stealth with this one and I will saw backplate if motherboard to the back of the server case for appearance.

But I got really lucky! The place where I ordered Chieftec Big Tower got 10 of them yesterday. I got one for 48 euro($54). Now I can start to order LED's and plan DIY carbon filter.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Good luck with your build. I found that I saved a lot of space but putting my carbon filter, drivers, and timers etc on the back. It's no likely anyone will look back there. But the stealth aspect may be more significant for you. My PC and other cabs stay in a locked room.

hempgrowingnewb

Thanks!

I am actually using your build as base of my own. I have all the plans ready, but I am having little trouble finding suitable materials however. I might also skip the 2-stage cooling if it ends up taking too much space. Fan slot on my case might be too low to make it match with LED level. It all depends how high LED system will be.

You have the 3500k LED setup. Would you change any of that or are you happy with that? Your last growing diaries have shown some great crops so it seems to be working really well.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I wouldn't change a thing on my PC. It's pretty dialed in. Only problem I've had is when a bud touches the COB. I debated putting some hardware cloth between the buds and COBs.

hempgrowingnewb

There was mix up with the case and it is not available. I guess I am back at hunting case.

Define XL would be huge, but it is damn expensive. I also checked second hand shops and only could find small cases :/

LUUBAAN

I also will be delighted to share my grow
20160705_142621.jpg
[/IMG]

lamsbread

Arty's PC Case COB Micro Grow AS99

Arty's PC Case COB Micro Grow AS99

Hello fro the UK
I'm Lamsbread other also know me as arty zan.
Thought I'd post aew pics of my PC case With CXB3590 36v 3500k COB which is dimmable and can operate up to 1400MA giving a total of 50Watts draw from the wall.
@ 1400MA it is about 50% efficient and It puts out approx 25W photons/light & 50 % heat. 25W photons & 25W heat.
@ 700MA it is more efficient @ 60% photons & 40% heat. 15W photons & 10W heat.
The Strain is Amnesia Stone99.
The PC case dimensions are 24" tall (60cm) x 17"deep (45.5cm) x 7.5" wide (19cm)

Attachments

• DSCN2879 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    DSCN2879 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN2699 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    DSCN2699 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN2703 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    DSCN2703 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN2751 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    DSCN2751 (FILEminimizer).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN2695 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    DSCN2695 (FILEminimizer).JPG
    34 KB · Views: 60
M

Mr. Sparkle

If you can get those drivers, on the outside of the case or out of the main flowering chamber, they create alot of excess heat, plus how much air circulation is getting in behind that head sink to cool it, i presume not much. What are you temps like ?

One of my boxes im running 4 of the V15 bridgelux LEDs at 350ma which puts the box at around 67w total draw with just around 0.86sqft roughly, and i typically don't get above 80 degrees, but my drivers are mounted on the outside and also i have decent circulation for the heat sinks.

Count me in!

Count me in!

This is what I got growing in there at the moment- a Nirvana Aurora Indica and a Mystery freebee Sativa of some description.

I really jerry-rigged the whole thing when I built it- using lots of aluminum tape for refection (bad monkey!) and sheets of duct tape to fill out the gaping holes.

I'm running COBS as per Dion's "el cheapo" design and had the LED heat sinks superglued on to some magnets attached to the roof. This wasn't too great and I had to keep re- gluing them. I've finally drilled the heat sinks and used cable ties and brackets to attach the magnets now. MUCH more secure!

Before the next grow:
I've got an 80mm fan in there at the moment because that's what fit in the hole, but I've got a dremmel, some metal drill bits and an imagination. Do people generally run 120mm fans? Would this be better for a carbon filter? I don't have one at the moment because although resiny, my plants don't smell! :biggrin:

M

Mr. Sparkle

Before the next grow:
I've got an 80mm fan in there at the moment because that's what fit in the hole, but I've got a dremmel, some metal drill bits and an imagination. Do people generally run 120mm fans? Would this be better for a carbon filter? I don't have one at the moment because although resiny, my plants don't smell! :biggrin:

If the 80mm fits, keep it, reason why most probably use 120mm is one easiest to find and most modern cases that's the stock base size for most fan mounting points

^^ You think? Hmmm. Interesting. I might have to get a new fan anyway- temps are pretty good but I'm still worried they might come up when I have a carbon filter in there to fuck the flow up. Or do you think bigger intake is the way forward?

Latest posts

Latest posts