What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PC Case Growers Club

Kataki

Kataki's Micro Grow!

Kataki's Micro Grow!

Hi all! First time posting here so sorry if I break any rules.

I am very new to growing and in fact haven't grown before :eek: but everyone needs to start somewhere!

I have decided on a very small micro grow similar to Mr micros nano box and this is currently under construction/planning and so far has involved a lot of swearing and a handful of minor cuts and shocks!

I am hoping to have this finished for the weekend so I can re-wire the Psu to power the box to add stealthiNess. As well as hacking up an old mother board and gpu for the back panels. I have also wired a small flashing led light behind the loading symbol for added effect

I do have some questions about lighting. The actual grow chamber is probably 0.5 sqf and i want to use a singal build if possible (switching for veg and flower after the 24hr dark period) how many lumans should I be aiming for? Would a 23w with 103w output be enough for a small area or would I need more? For a singal plant.

The box it's self when it's done should be very tight and won't really have a lot of air flow other than the 3 fans on the divider wall. Is there a certain temp I should aim for for an optimal grow? It's not clear in the pic but the 2 smaller fans toward to bottom of the box will be pushing air into the main chamber and then the larger of the 2 will be pulling it out through the carbon filter but I am not to sure at this point if that will be enough to keep the temp down. Would it be worth hooking up a USB fan to point directly at the light?

Any advice would be welcome and please forgive the rough look of the box and the fact I got trigger-happy with the gaffa tape. It should look a lot neater by the weekend *fingers crossed* if you think I need to change anything let me know!

Thanks!

Kataki

grouchy

Hi all! First time posting here so sorry if I break any rules.

I am very new to growing and in fact haven't grown before :eek: but everyone needs to start somewhere!

I have decided on a very small micro grow similar to Mr micros nano box and this is currently under construction/planning and so far has involved a lot of swearing and a handful of minor cuts and shocks!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69542&pictureid=1654999&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69542&pictureid=1655000&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69542&pictureid=1654997&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69542&pictureid=1655001&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69542&pictureid=1654998&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I am hoping to have this finished for the weekend so I can re-wire the Psu to power the box to add stealthiNess. As well as hacking up an old mother board and gpu for the back panels. I have also wired a small flashing led light behind the loading symbol for added effect

I do have some questions about lighting. The actual grow chamber is probably 0.5 sqf and i want to use a singal build if possible (switching for veg and flower after the 24hr dark period) how many lumans should I be aiming for? Would a 23w with 103w output be enough for a small area or would I need more? For a singal plant.

The box it's self when it's done should be very tight and won't really have a lot of air flow other than the 3 fans on the divider wall. Is there a certain temp I should aim for for an optimal grow? It's not clear in the pic but the 2 smaller fans toward to bottom of the box will be pushing air into the main chamber and then the larger of the 2 will be pulling it out through the carbon filter but I am not to sure at this point if that will be enough to keep the temp down. Would it be worth hooking up a USB fan to point directly at the light?

Any advice would be welcome and please forgive the rough look of the box and the fact I got trigger-happy with the gaffa tape. It should look a lot neater by the weekend *fingers crossed* if you think I need to change anything let me know!

Thanks!

Kataki
Imo you should ditch the intake fans and use only the exhaust. Using intake fans, even if they are smaller, can create positive pressure inside the case. This will cause air to escape the case through every tiny pinhole and crack. You would be better off aiming for negative pressure using only exhaust fans and holes for intake at least two times the size of the exhaust (four times would be better).

Led household bulbs would work fine for lighting. I believe 5000k daylight bulbs would be ideal for veg and flower since you will want to keep them short. Building your own led would be best since you could increase headroom using a shallow heatsink and remote mounting the driver on the outside.

Good luck

Brother Nature

Hey guys, just completed my little PC grow of Panama X DC and I gotta say I'm rather impressed with the results, even though it didn't turn out perfect (Micro grows are harder than I thought :biglaugh:). Should also give thanks as I've borrowed nearly all my ideas off ICmag. :thank you: Anyways here are some photos, only wish I had a proper camera to capture the beauty of this plant.

Attachments

• IMG_0886 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0886 - Copy.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0890 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0890 - Copy.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 54

hempgrowingnewb

What size pots do you guys use?

Do you prefer 1-2 big pots and 1-2 bigger plants or multiple smaller pots and smaller plants?

I have room for about 2x 0.5 gallon pot or 3x 0.26 gallon pots. They all seem so small, but still they take up a lot of room in my case.

kasvi

Hello everyone!
I am about to join your club. I found Antec 300 case online that I think I will buy. I am thinking about installing 125w cfl in there with Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC 2000 fan or two.
Fan is cabable of moving 121,8 m³/h. I am going to make diy activated carbon filter.
Does anyone have experience with 125w or more in about 1,5 cubic feet of space? Floor on the case is about 1 square feet. Maybe I should go with "only" 80w as I already have 2 40w cfl lightbulbs.

im using a balcony planter, not sure about the exact size but when i cut the 'edge' off it fitted right snuck in there, but thats pretty much only great of 1 plant, for moms etc

Hey, people!
Some recent photos to share from a 70w MH lamp (3000K) in a middle-tower PC. Light proofed, carbon filter.

Pot and ferts.
The 2l (0.5 gal) of palm soil mix with aprx. 15% perlite and 15% vermiculite. Mineral fertilizers for veg (1:1:1) and for bloom (0:40:26). Micro elements too in a chelate form.

The strain is Moscow Bluebrry fem. (18% THC, 5%CBD)
30 days veg, topped once before 6th level, LST-trained. When stopped grow the canopy formed a rectangular shape with the buds 1-5 cm from the glass of the vented light-hood. Underfeeded and looking a bit poor, but still hasten to complete its destination. Gluesticky on the 5th week since flip. Time period is 12:15 - 11:45 (Lights OFF - Lights ON).

Killkingkong

what a scam!

1$ tape
5-40$ closet
10$ airpump
3$ 10w bulb
5$ curver box
?$ net pots

hydrostone medium? that shit doesnt even exist.

I linked him to a listing that can show results (a simple profile check), LED and has everything needed except a seed and nutrients ($100 cheaper) and he ignored me. maybe he knows something we don't.

doams

get the biggest case you can find out there it will save you lots of nerves putting/fitting everything inside.

Latest posts

Latest posts