What's new

Panama x Bangi Haze

Greencedar

Day 44 of flower. Temp 23C/73.5F, RH 41%, Lights 600par, Water 180mbar

Very similar phenos. 01 is a bit lower yielding but has a bit more resin production (starting to get those puffy looking sugar leaves and big fan leaf resin), 02 is in between 01 and 03 in most ways. 03 is the bigger yielder it looks like but is most sensitive to feeding (a couple buds got some burnt tips near the top after a heavy compost/amendment top dress.

I'm going to slowly up the lights to around 750par and add UV this week.

Everything smells awesome. I noticed a grapefruit smell on my fingers after touching 02. Lots going on smell wise throughout the tent.

Attachments

• PBH01.JPG
    PBH01.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 136
  • PBHgroup.JPG
    PBHgroup.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 136
  • PBH03Full.JPG
    PBH03Full.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 133
  • PBH03Bud.JPG
    PBH03Bud.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 124
  • PBH03.JPG
    PBH03.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • PBH02.JPG
    PBH02.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 125

Proleterre

Last week for my Pangi selecta. 12 weeks since 12/12. Branches can’t handle anymore the heavy buds.
20231216_183320.jpg

As I grow Bangi Haze before I can confirm that this cross is a better yealder.
20231216_183343.jpg
20231216_183411.jpg

The smell is very good and trichomes covering is nice. All this 6 have the same structure but there’s little differences in the smell.

smoke report in 3 months if i’m not to high :)

Muchas gracias Dubi for those wonderfull genetics

Attachments

• 20231216_183332.jpg
    20231216_183332.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Very similar phenos. 01 is a bit lower yielding but has a bit more resin production (starting to get those puffy looking sugar leaves and big fan leaf resin), 02 is in between 01 and 03 in most ways. 03 is the bigger yielder it looks like but is most sensitive to feeding (a couple buds got some burnt tips near the top after a heavy compost/amendment top dress.

Everything smells awesome. I noticed a grapefruit smell on my fingers after touching 02. Lots going on smell wise throughout the tent.

Hi @Greencedar this hybrid comes indeed with very complex loud smells mainly starting from the point you are. I can see now some burn tips with a closer look to the colas in your recent update, so consider to make a flush, and next feedings don't repeat (or exceed the ec levels of previous feeding.

OZZ_

Veteran

Looks very panama. Beautiful work

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Gracias ti @Proleterre :) you made good use of your (5+1) fem seed pack!

Checking back also your Bangi Haze grow, i would recommend you to use in next grows more rich soil in NPK, or to make a final transplant to bigger pots once early flowering stretching is over. For yield and quality of the flowers is very important that plants don't finish with such severe yellowing.

Enjoy your harvest!

Greencedar

Merry Christmas!

Day 61 of flower. Averages: Temp 23C/73.5F, RH 41%, Lights 600par, Water 180mbar, UV added (2 weeks ago)

Things are moving along nicely. I'm guessing another week or two. Lots of bud growth/white hairs still going on and no amber trichs yet. Leaves look like they're just about ready to fade. Lots of aroma, pine, lemon/citrus, incense.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

george7

Greetings all ace enthusiasts!

Beautiful pangis 6 weeks in 11.5/12.5 in my organic super soil.
Really easy plants to grow. Aromas and resins developing good. Im getting very exciting and amazing deep hash/musky smells. I will switch to 11/13 in a week until the end.
Thanks dubi for this amazing hybrid!

Blessings !!

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_122927.jpg
    IMG_20231230_122927.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20231230_122726.jpg
    IMG_20231230_122726.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

OZZ_

Veteran

Really easy plants to grow. Aromas and resins developing good. Im getting very exciting and amazing deep hash/musky smells. I will switch to 11/13 in a week until the end.

Blessings !!

Beautiful pangi…. Those pistils look strongly panama. :dance013:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Merry Christmas!

Day 61 of flower. Averages: Temp 23C/73.5F, RH 41%, Lights 600par, Water 180mbar, UV added (2 weeks ago)

Things are moving along nicely. I'm guessing another week or two. Lots of bud growth/white hairs still going on and no amber trichs yet. Leaves look like they're just about ready to fade. Lots of aroma, pine, lemon/citrus, incense.

Impressive development @Greencedar :tiphat: you are doing an excellent job with them, love the way they are reacting to your feeding. Without any doubt, a picture of the highest potential of this genetics. Classic terpene profile of the strain at this ripening point.

Conditions in the grow are perfect, yet inspect frequently inside the bigger colas for the upcoming 2 weeks, looking for any sign of mold (due to the massive flower structures).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Blessings !!

Thanks for joining the thread with your indoor Pangis @george7 :)
Unless shortening the flowering time is a priority, 11/13 photoperiod is not required to finish this sativa dom hybrid. In fact, it could have a negative effect on yield, which is one of the most desired traits of this strain.

LHC

Merry Christmas!

Looks fantastic @Greencedar
Would you like to share a little of your growing technique?

Greencedar

Looks fantastic @Greencedar
Would you like to share a little of your growing technique?
Thanks LHC. I've been trying to get the hang of organic soil for a few years now.

I started with a standard Clackamas coot style soil mix-20gal (1/3 worm castings, 1/3 pumice, 1/3 peat) and amended it with around 1/2 cup of kelp, alfalfa, oyster flour, crab meal, gypsum, basalt. I like running heavy feeders (indica generally) with fresh soil and then after around 2 cycles I use it for sativas.

I have a worm farm that I fill with aged horse manure and rice hulls amended with the same stuff I put in the soil (1/2 cup of each per 7gal manure). I toss all the weed leaves in there and sometimes organic veg/fruit scraps. I harvest microbes with oats once a year and add it to the bin.

Once a week I take around 3 cups of the worm castings and stick them in a strainer bag and stick it in my pump sprayer. I pour water over the castings to make a kind of extract (I call it poop coffee) and use the wet castings as top dressing for the pots. In early veg I spray this on the plants and then use the rest to water/drench the soil. Once the plants start taking off I add soy amino acid to the poop coffee (4ml/ 2 gal). When I flip to flower I stop spraying but continue the drench feeding until I want the plants to fade.

I use blumat drip irrigation (I have a reservoir with a bubbler going) that i use after I flip to flower so I don't do any hand watering during the week. Just the worm poop drench once every week or two depending on the strain until it's time to fade them.

When I stop the drenching the soil is light enough that I can get some yellowing. For plants that are nitrogen sensitive I dial the soy amino back to 1ml/4gal.

When I'm around 1 month away from harvest I'll put around a gallon of worm castings in a bin and add the soil amendments to it (1/2 cup of each) to get a head start on composting. After harvest I work the amended worm castings into the top 4" of the pots for the next cycle.

At this point I have the next clones ready and I start their veg in smaller pots (1gal) placed on top of the straw in the pots. After around a month the soil is safe enough to transplant. If it's a haze type stretcher I'll start the flower in the smaller pots (1/2 gallon) and transplant when they are done stretching or start to look hungry. I find that I can flower big plants for 5 months in these pots without feeding issues.

This grow I added 2 month old amended worm castings (same mix I use after harvest) as a top dress and it caused the one plant to burn a bit so I won't do that again. Straight worm castings is more than enough.

That's about it. It took a bit of work to get things all lined up but now it's really easy. I have a oil heater and dehumidifier hooked up to controllers so climate stays pretty stable in the basement. This year I added a hepa filter taped to a box fan for my air intake and a carbon filter on the exhaust. Tent is a 6x4x7ft. Lights are migro array 4x4 leds and their UV tube.

I follow Dubi's advice like making sure moms are mature, rely on worm castings a lot, keep things green until late flower, start in small pots if they're stretchers, and less is more generally, keep things warm and drop temps to around 74 Deg F mid flower. Anytime I've ignored these the grow has been less than impressive...

Hope this helps...

Keif Cake

Veteran
I need to work some of these in soon, but then ill have to decide between this and Bangi.

Maybe ill do both at the same time.

The botrytis is good to know about.
That's a huge reason i haven't gotten around to running anymore of the Tikal

LHC

Thanks LHC. I've been trying to get the hang of organic soil for a few years now.

I started with a standard Clackamas coot style soil mix-20gal (1/3 worm castings, 1/3 pumice, 1/3 peat) and amended it with around 1/2 cup of kelp, alfalfa, oyster flour, crab meal, gypsum, basalt. I like running heavy feeders (indica generally) with fresh soil and then after around 2 cycles I use it for sativas.

I have a worm farm that I fill with aged horse manure and rice hulls amended with the same stuff I put in the soil (1/2 cup of each per 7gal manure). I toss all the weed leaves in there and sometimes organic veg/fruit scraps. I harvest microbes with oats once a year and add it to the bin.

Once a week I take around 3 cups of the worm castings and stick them in a strainer bag and stick it in my pump sprayer. I pour water over the castings to make a kind of extract (I call it poop coffee) and use the wet castings as top dressing for the pots. In early veg I spray this on the plants and then use the rest to water/drench the soil. Once the plants start taking off I add soy amino acid to the poop coffee (4ml/ 2 gal). When I flip to flower I stop spraying but continue the drench feeding until I want the plants to fade.

I use blumat drip irrigation (I have a reservoir with a bubbler going) that i use after I flip to flower so I don't do any hand watering during the week. Just the worm poop drench once every week or two depending on the strain until it's time to fade them.

When I stop the drenching the soil is light enough that I can get some yellowing. For plants that are nitrogen sensitive I dial the soy amino back to 1ml/4gal.

When I'm around 1 month away from harvest I'll put around a gallon of worm castings in a bin and add the soil amendments to it (1/2 cup of each) to get a head start on composting. After harvest I work the amended worm castings into the top 4" of the pots for the next cycle.

At this point I have the next clones ready and I start their veg in smaller pots (1gal) placed on top of the straw in the pots. After around a month the soil is safe enough to transplant. If it's a haze type stretcher I'll start the flower in the smaller pots (1/2 gallon) and transplant when they are done stretching or start to look hungry. I find that I can flower big plants for 5 months in these pots without feeding issues.

This grow I added 2 month old amended worm castings (same mix I use after harvest) as a top dress and it caused the one plant to burn a bit so I won't do that again. Straight worm castings is more than enough.

That's about it. It took a bit of work to get things all lined up but now it's really easy. I have a oil heater and dehumidifier hooked up to controllers so climate stays pretty stable in the basement. This year I added a hepa filter taped to a box fan for my air intake and a carbon filter on the exhaust. Tent is a 6x4x7ft. Lights are migro array 4x4 leds and their UV tube.

I follow Dubi's advice like making sure moms are mature, rely on worm castings a lot, keep things green until late flower, start in small pots if they're stretchers, and less is more generally, keep things warm and drop temps to around 74 Deg F mid flower. Anytime I've ignored these the grow has been less than impressive...

Hope this helps...
Well that was interesting:) Thank´s a lot for sharing your knowledge. This is the way I want my growing to develop.
Since english is not my native language, some things are hard for me to understand. Maybe you could explain a little bit about these topics:
- Harvesting microbes with oats. What is that?
- What is drench feeding?

Latest posts

Latest posts