What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well that was interesting:) Thank´s a lot for sharing your knowledge. This is the way I want my growing to develop.
Since english is not my native language, some things are hard for me to understand. Maybe you could explain a little bit about these topics:
- Harvesting microbes with oats. What is that?
- What is drench feeding?
People will wrap grains, like rice in cheese cloth to bury about a foot under ground, for maybe 2 weeks to colonize with the Indigenous Microorganisms, also known as IMO, to use for indoor organic soil health.

Reactions: LHC

Greencedar

LHC: I don't want to get too off topic in the thread so I sent you a PM with a microbe harvest video from youtube. Soil drench is just a term for watering. I use the sprayer so I can hydrate the soil slowly and avoid water run off/channeling.

Looks like I have two phenos. PBH01 was late to start flower but fastest to finish it's reflowering. It's buds are a bit more spear like and remind me a bit of Oaxacan crosses I've grown in the past.

They're a bit smaller compared to PBH02 and PBH03 which are almost identical in appearance and have bigger, chunkier, more round shaped buds. Better bud to leaf ratio. Hopefully they have different smells and effects after some time in the jar. I'm going to keep going with these until I get a bit more trich ripeness.

I haven't grown Panama or Bangi so it's hard for me to say which way the phenos lean. The spear shape might be a Panama/American trait?

Attachments

• PBH01_01.JPG
    PBH01_01.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 183
  • PBH01.JPG
    PBH01.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 168
  • PBH02_02.JPG
    PBH02_02.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 183
  • PBH02.JPG
    PBH02.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 185

ilovegrowing

Hello @Greencedar

Id like a take a guess on this one, i hope you dont mind.
The spear shape buds come frome the bangi haze. All 4 i have grown from them had that trait. So pb01 should be a bangi haze pheno.
And the other more voluminous and still flowering ones should lean to the panama side. Panama is known for a late third reflowering. I experienced it in serveral panama hybrids.

I also grew panbanhaze and had the exact two different phenotypes. Both were great and got better big time the longer the cure was. Unfortunately there was not much left by that time :)

Maybe @dubi can chime in and tell his side of the story.

Your flowers look great! Greets

Greencedar

Hello @Greencedar

Id like a take a guess on this one, i hope you dont mind.
The spear shape buds come frome the bangi haze. All 4 i have grown from them had that trait. So pb01 should be a bangi haze pheno.
And the other more voluminous and still flowering ones should lean to the panama side. Panama is known for a late third reflowering. I experienced it in serveral panama hybrids.

I also grew panbanhaze and had the exact two different phenotypes. Both were great and got better big time the longer the cure was. Unfortunately there was not much left by that time :)

Maybe @dubi can chime in and tell his side of the story.

Your flowers look great! Greets
Thanks ilovegrowing!

I think you're right. PBH01 also has slightly different smells compared to the other two which are loud candy lemon right now.

EDIT: PBH01 is a actually a Panama leaning pheno

Last edited:

george7

Hallo everyone!

Update on my pangis at 8 weeks 11.5/12.5
In organic super soil under a 600w hps.

One has fatter buds and smells extremely hashy/musky like highest grade hashish with some kind of fruit in the backround.
Second pheno smells pure sweet bubblegum incense.
Amazing aromas !!. Im really excited as we re reaching the end.
Sorry if the pics are not the best quality the hps doesnt help

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_142006.jpg
    IMG_20240117_142006.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20240117_142452.jpg
    IMG_20240117_142452.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20240117_142801.jpg
    IMG_20240117_142801.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 165

Greencedar

I've left these alone doing there thing for the past month and the last reflower is a slow go.

I'm seeing some lower leaves rot at the edges that makes me nervous about fungal issues showing up as the plant health fades (happened on my last grow). It's definitely easier fading plants in hydro/sterile environments but prefer the smoke/flavour or organic buds.

I dropped the humidity down to 35% but I don't want to lose terpenes going too dry. I'm thinking about stripping a bunch of leaves at this point to help with air flow because I'd like to give them another week or two. I could also remove top buds and lower the lights to finish the lowers but the top buds seem to be growing still. I'm pretty sure nanners will show up if I mess with the plants but I'm not sure that's a concern this late in flower. I can also go 11/13 with the lights to speed things up...

What do you guys think?

Summery:
PBH01 is ready for chop. 02 and 03 are still trucking along

Flipped to Flower: 10/19/2023, Height 24” (End of Stretch: 48”)
Budsites: 11/01/2023
78 days of flower so far
4x6 Tent, 20gal organic soil, 78degF dropped down to 74degF, 60% humidity dropped down to 35% end of flower

Attachments

• group.JPG
    group.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 186
  • PBH01_CU.JPG
    PBH01_CU.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 181
  • PBH01.JPG
    PBH01.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • PBH02_CU.JPG
    PBH02_CU.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 178
  • PBH02.JPG
    PBH02.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 179
  • PBH03_CU.JPG
    PBH03_CU.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 191
  • PBH03_full.JPG
    PBH03_full.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 189
  • PBH03.JPG
    PBH03.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 191
  • PBH03_tric.JPG
    PBH03_tric.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

ilovegrowing

Beautiful buds @Greencedar and @george7 ! Looking delicious!

I dont know of which pheno you took the makro trichome shot @Greencedar but that one looks kinda fine for me, mostly cloudy, if i see that right. The bangi pheno looks ready to chop imo.

I grow all the plants on 11/13 maybe thats a good idea. But im not the most experienced grower. I would inspect the fat buds frequently for mold. Especially if there a little brown leafs.

Im impressed! Should be an easy trim :) enjoy

Greencedar

Beautiful buds @Greencedar and @george7 ! Looking delicious!

I dont know of which pheno you took the makro trichome shot @Greencedar but that one looks kinda fine for me, mostly cloudy, if i see that right. The bangi pheno looks ready to chop imo.

I grow all the plants on 11/13 maybe thats a good idea. But im not the most experienced grower. I would inspect the fat buds frequently for mold. Especially if there a little brown leafs.

Im impressed! Should be an easy trim :) enjoy
Thanks ILG. That macro trichs shot was PBH02 and PBH01 is very similar with a bit less "sparkle". She doesn't have any amber yet so I was going to harvest all of them together. Maybe I'll should take her down and spread 02/03 out to give them more room on the dance floor...

I've been checking the big buds for mold and no issues. My tent is set up with a furnace filter taped to a box fan for the intake and has a big 11" intake opening so there's a ton of fresh air movement that moves across the top buds and down to the carbon filter below the canopy. First time using it and it's working really well. Leaves dry out up there as they die similar to outdoor grows and I haven't seen any degradation to the trichs like I've seen when there's too much fan wind on them.

Last edited:

george7

Beautiful plants @Greencedar.
Amazing work!
May i ask why are you worried about mold
with humidity this low ( 35%)?
You made me a bit worried over here as my humidity is around 45 on and 50 lights off. Full ventilation and oscilating fan 24/7 of course.Not a sign of mold here so far as well.
Enjoy your crop!

Greencedar

Hi George7,

I upgraded to this tent 2 years ago and have only ran 3 grows in it. I had powdery mildew show up in the second grow and it started on those lower brown leaves.

I cleaned everything, ran the heat for 24 hours at around 105degF and used a steamer on the fans etc. I brought in another fan and an intake filter so I should be good.

I didn't scrap my soil but I did amend the top 6" with lots of alfalfa which heated it up pretty good and the pots were in the tent when I heat treated it. I washed the straw ground cover with neem and natural soap. I used neem while the plants were vegging.

I keep moms in another tent so I'm a bit over protective/preventative when it comes down to it.

Greencedar

I havested BCP (pics over on that thread) since it amber showed up. It was the plant with that had some white stuff on the aging leaves. It looks like cell damage not fungal but either way, she was ready to harvest.

I also harvested the PBH01 since amber also showed up this weekend. I'll do a separate post with some chop pics.

PBH02 and 03 are spread out and can take as much time as they want to finish now. No rot in sight and plenty of room to keep an eye out for late flower nanners etc. It was a bit tight in there last week and I'm happier with the extra space in the tent now.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 131
  • PBH_Panamas.JPG
    PBH_Panamas.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Greencedar

PBH01 chopped. What a beauty. Smells incredible (lemon balm.incense) and can't wait to see what happens during the cure. I kept moms incase I fall in love with one of these leggy ladies.

I'm glad I didn't strip too many leaves. I took a handful off during stretch but left them alone the rest of the grow. Ace always has such beautiful structure so I try not to mess to much with the plants, topped once and let them go. Stems are flexible and it would be easy to scrog these but I was fine with staking them (I hate harvesting scrogs).

The colas weigh a ton! I've got a bunch of them curing in the cold room at 55% and 15degC.

As usual, Dubi and Ace get a giant round of applause and PBH02 and 03 are the perfect encore.

Thanks Dubi!!!!!!

Attachments

• PBH_hung.JPG
    PBH_hung.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 161
  • PBH_trich.JPG
    PBH_trich.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 172
  • PBH01_cola.JPG
    PBH01_cola.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 174
  • PBH01_full.JPG
    PBH01_full.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

george7

Just harvested Pangi pheno 1 at exactly 10 weeks of 11.5/12.5 (i think thats the panama leaning)
Strong aromas..and i mean really strong. Temps were around 20-22 for whole flowering so i think terpenes are very well preserved then boom!

Whole house reeks of vanilla floral incense

My mom walked in

"Did you buy an expensive perfume and sprayed the whole house?"

"No mom i harvested the first plant".

Then she stayed and helped with trimming.

Some mother and son bonding while trimming pangi. Good times!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240130_122439.jpg
    IMG_20240130_122439.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20240130_122621.jpg
    IMG_20240130_122621.jpg
    823.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2024-01-30-13-03-58-159_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-30-13-03-58-159_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2024-01-30-13-04-36-336_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-30-13-04-36-336_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130

Greencedar

Around day 90 since budsites. Looking yummy and reflowering is coming to an end.

72F-22C/45%, UV added 1.5hrs/day, dropped lights down to 11/13 for a week now.

Attachments

• PBH07.JPG
    PBH07.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 146
  • PBH06.JPG
    PBH06.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 143
  • PBH05.JPG
    PBH05.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
  • PBH04.JPG
    PBH04.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • PBH03.JPG
    PBH03.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 146
  • PBH02.JPG
    PBH02.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
  • PBH01.JPG
    PBH01.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

Around day 90 since budsites. Looking yummy and panama reflowering is coming to an end.

72F-22C/45%, UV added 1.5hrs/day, dropped lights down to 11/13 for a week now.
The second to last picture, there seems to be 7 colas.
The one on the far left, the way it wraps up is fantastic!
PBH06 I believe it is.

Greencedar

Both plants have 8 big top colas (very uniform, topped once). I've seen that spiral bud formation on my Green Mountain Grape when the buds are staggered (not symmetrical). I think its more of a sativa trait?

I also pull/bend the buds off the main stem when they start stacking too tight to get the inner side of the bud ripe (first pic below). Helps to get a nice even dry when hanging I find. I do it on outdoor plants to avoid rot with good results. I wait until the buds are a good size. If I do it too early they're prone to breaking off with some cultivars.

Trich pics are from the buds at the bottom of the main stacked colas (the buds in the first pic)

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 113

EnjoyingLife

Both plants have 8 big top colas (very uniform, topped once). I've seen that spiral bud formation on my Green Mountain Grape when the buds are staggered (not symmetrical). I think its more of a sativa trait?

I also pull/bend the buds off the main stem when they start stacking too tight to get the inner side of the bud ripe (first pic below). Helps to get a nice even dry when hanging I find. I do it on outdoor plants to avoid rot with good results. I wait until the buds are a good size. If I do it too early they're prone to breaking off with some cultivars.

Trich pics are from the buds at the bottom of the main stacked colas (the buds in the first pic)
I'm pretty sure it is a sativa trait. Ive always found it interesting looking though. In a cool way - like a snake wrapping around the plant ready to take you to the heavens.
I made note of pulling the buds away from the main stem to help with ripening and rot. I grow outdoors so anything that naturally helps these things is ideal.

Latest posts

Latest posts