What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Ras Kali Rasta they look ripe enough from here! Remove the affected leaves with eggs and don't spray anything at this time, it's not worth it since you are going to harvest them in the upcoming days.

Happy to hear you are enjoying with your Panama x Bangi Haze flowers :yummy: and their positive, kind social effects. Glad most growers rate Panama x Bangi Haze F1 over both strains separate.

Bona Fortuna

I was going through and deleting some old pictures I had, when I came across these.
Two separate Panama/Banghi and a small Nepal Jam from 2020 grow, all suffering from my lack of nitrogen use. Pictures are taken on August 25, 2020.

The Panama/Banghi finished at about 12-13 feet tall. Deer and critters preferred the other plants, so they went in the caged grow area and the Panama/Banghi got to experience the freedom of being in the ground and being outside the cage. Minimal pest and critters pressure on these plants. Locusts/grasshoppers were my biggest problem. Sorry, no flower pictures.

The Panama/Banghi both produced beautiful golden buds that were harvested the first week of November. The smells from both plants were lemon, floral, hash.
The stone was like a mule kick to the noggin and would catch many of my peers off guard. Mind you, they mostly smoke on Cookies or Dosidos or some other hype variety that is shuffling its way through California.
Hash made from this plant was a deep red/brown color, whereas other plants that year made blonde or black hash. Possibly due to our red clay, also possibly due to genetics.

Thank you Dubi and the Ace team! You guys rock!
512F013B-B7ED-4907-BCF3-0F2A9E7C0D0D.jpeg
AE229F0C-A8AA-4167-A2AF-42869F3EDCED.jpeg

Sadly, the following year the plants, many Ace and Kingdom Organic Seeds (KOS) were killed unceremoniously. I was running the Panama/Banghi again.
Almost a year to these pictured we experienced a wildfire that put a pause on things. It’s hard to keep plants alive when you are evacuated from your house for almost a month.
Luckily, we came out mostly unscathed. Neighbors fared much worse.
Caldor fire 2021…
7799028A-2827-4B86-8CE1-923A119FCCAE.jpeg

5E642BD0-FF4F-4975-B51A-A6126C4DE1A1.jpeg

108FEB6C-6AD4-4A23-BB08-77BC33D4F082.jpeg

Last edited:

Bona Fortuna

Quite the stroke of luck y’all…
D4DE431E-44BC-4468-BFCB-964900AAF58B.jpeg

I was going through the harvesting/storage shed, looking for a couple motorcycle parts and came across many colitas from 2020 that I was just too lazy to do anything with. Quite a few Panama/Banghi colitas, so I do have flower pictures. Gave the buds a quick finger trim and rolled a joint. Everything was brittle dry.
75E73410-78FE-47E2-AA72-9839DE1B6253.jpeg

C43F74ED-8434-4A09-8BD0-D07FD6F25078.jpeg

Mind you, buds have been sitting in a non-AC shed baking away for the past two+ years in the open air. I didn’t expect any resin, smell or potency to be honest.
I was wrong… still the same lemony hash smell, but with some incense and vanilla now. Less smelly now, but it got better somehow.
Taste changed a lot. Less of the lemon, now an intense dark chocolate, still very floral.
Potency is still quite good, considering the storage conditions. Cut right through the stone from what I was smoking on before.
Less mule kick, more of a weighted blanket feeling.

Last edited:

Greencedar

I’ve got three PBH fem seedlings popped (pack is from 2020). Extremely fast germination. It’s been 4 days and the first set of leaves are already formed and they are growing quick. I’m excited for this one and will post some pics as they grow. I’m running the three of them beside a Panama Congo cut that I selected from a 5 pack a couple years ago. Should be fun to see the different expressions. I grew out a pack of Congo regs before trying PanCongo. The F1 I selected was a combination of both parents. Way more psychedelic and less focused than the Congo but very up high. Very fruity/funky terps without much incense. The straight Congo had a very focused high and was very sweet/strawberry scented and the cross is more fermented/funky/fruit punch. The high can be a bit scary in large amounts for the first few minutes (which can be fun if you’re ready for it). I’m excited to try the PBH with all these reports of soaring euphoria.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for popping 3 Panama x Bangi Haze fem seeds @Greencedar even though you made your own hybrid between Panama and Congo (which contains a bit of purple PCK from Congo hybrid), it will indeed be very interesting to be able to compare both in the same grow.

We have worked quite a lot in this field, first hybrid of this kind was Bangi Congo x Panama fem limited edition (very early flowering and short sized for a sativa), second and our favorite one is Panama x Bangi Haze catalog strain, larger sized and longer flowering than first one, but much better yielding and in my opinion of better terpenes and effects.
:thank you: for your positive feedback @Bona Fortuna and @Tranquilidade much appreciated.

PD: Fires hit hard our forests every summer here in Southern Europe 😔 but the ones you have in California are sadly on another level.

Greencedar

Talk about vigour. These lady’s are on the move. Seeds were put in starter plugs sept 01 and popped a few days later. One was a bit of a runt coming out but has stabilized nicely. They’re in organic soil. I’m seeing a difference in leaf shapes.

I should mention that I was fighting a bit of powdery mildew in the new tent last year. I cleaned, heated, and steamed and shut down for the summer. Also added another tower fan. I ran a fast indica to test things and harvested without issue so I think I’m in the clear.

Attachments

• IMG_9862.jpeg
    IMG_9862.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9863.jpeg
    IMG_9863.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 65

Greencedar

45 Days from seed here. Stem rub is very strong on all of them. Lots of funky fruity rubber scents.

I'm noticing some structure differences. PBH01 has slightly rounder leaves, noticeable from the early seedling stage. PBH 01 and 02 have long spider/vine like lower branches that reminds me of equatorial (haze) plants a bit. PBH03 has thicker branching and less christmas tree form.

It's still a bit early but PBH03 reminds me of my Bangi Congo x Panama's structure. I've included the finished BCP I grew out a couple years ago (same clone that's in the tent now). I flowered it at 17" and it finished at 25" after 10wks flower. I think that PBH03 may be more Panama leaning but I've never grown out pure Panama (although I have a pack in waiting)....

I'm really happy with the vigour. They have been topped twice and I've been foliar feeding a bit heavy with Soy amino for nitrogen and spraying neem/EM1 fairly often/heavy and they have been really resilient. I'm still getting used to this new LED light and there is a bit of stress on the one plant but I raised the light way up and they should be good now.

I'm planning on flipping to flower soon. They're around 17"/43cm and I have clearance for a 40"/1m finished plant. I can also add a screen if things get wild. Hopefully I'm not pushing my luck with the extra veg time...

Attachments

• ConPan.JPG
    ConPan.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • PBH03TOP.JPG
    PBH03TOP.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
  • PBH03.JPG
    PBH03.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
  • PBH02TOP.JPG
    PBH02TOP.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
  • PBH02.JPG
    PBH02.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
  • PBH01TOP.JPG
    PBH01TOP.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • PBH01.JPG
    PBH01.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 68
  • Group.JPG
    Group.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 94

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent growth @Greencedar :yes: healthy, vigorous and robust! Keep feeding strong in flowering, avoiding yellowing, and you can really achieve very high yields with this F1 in such big pots.

Didn't know you also grew Bangi Congo x Panama limited edition ;) very curious about your opinion on both when you finish this grow. I rate higher Panama x Bangi Haze for yield and quality of finished product, although the early Bangi Congo x Panama was very interesting for those growing in northern latitudes with shorter season.

Thanks for joinning the thread with your Panama x Bangi Haze baby @MrHamilton
Wish you a successful grow! :)

Greencedar

Excellent growth @Greencedar :yes: healthy, vigorous and robust! Keep feeding strong in flowering, avoiding yellowing, and you can really achieve very high yields with this F1 in such big pots.

Didn't know you also grew Bangi Congo x Panama limited edition ;) very curious about your opinion on both when you finish this grow. I rate higher Panama x Bangi Haze for yield and quality of finished product, although the early Bangi Congo x Panama was very interesting for those growing in northern latitudes with shorter season.

Thanks for joinning the thread with your Panama x Bangi Haze baby @MrHamilton
Wish you a successful grow! :)
Thanks for the tips Dubi!

A couple years ago I grew a few Bangi Congo x Panama (fems) in the same tent with your Congo (regs). The congo had very strawberry forward terps and the high was very focused and really good for getting tasks done when tired (caffeine type high). The high mellowed out after a few hours without crash.

The BCP had mostly lemon terps but one stood out for having very loud fruit punch/funky terps and was a good yielder so I kept it as a mom. This pheno has a extremely psychedelic soaring strong high. I'd say it was strong like Malawi but with Super Malawi Haze energy. It was almost scary at times. Not paranoid but more like the apprehension you get before going on a rollercoaster (laughing while you are frightened). Really fun weed.

This is the first time I've had a chance to run it again. At some point I plan on doing a mono crop with it but with so many interesting Ace genetics to try, it makes it hard 😁.

The PBH smells really good and strong even in veg. Stem rubs are hardly necessary. I'm really excited for this grow.

Greencedar

October18th flipped to 12/12 and bud sites are showing up now (2 weeks).

They were 24" and are now 30-36" (PBH02, back right corner, is the tallest, PBH01 back left corner is the shortest).

Tent is 75-80degF (24-27degC), humidity is 40-50%, light PAR is 700 at the canopy. Adding homemade worm castings and top dressing every 3 weeks. I'm thinking I'll keep the temp/humidity steady and drop it down to 75degF/40-30% when they start getting frosty. I'm still fairly new to indoor organic growing.

Love the vigour and fat stem structure on the PBH. I only had to remove a couple big leaves; they have great structure for air flow.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Greencedar

Week 5 from flip. Lots of panama lemon terps off all 3. PBH01 has slightly shorter node distancing and might be a bit bushier but all are very similar.

I've removed a few leaves for air flow, mostly in the middle/inside and a couple big shading ones. I think everything is in a good place now until harvest. I have drip irrigation dialed in now so hopefully they cruise to the finish line.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 64

Greencedar

Week 5 from flip (wk 3 flower)

I'm guessing this is end of stretch, 48"/122cm tall and 12" from the led lights.

I'll post again in a few weeks during the "flower explosion".

I took mom clones and PBH02 (shorter pheno) was a bit tougher to root and has some sensitivity to high nitrogen (soy amino). The other two (taller phenos) had no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very good development @Greencedar they are happy plants under your good cares :)
They should stop stretching at this point. Keep the feeding high for the upcoming 3-4 weeks, and increase nitrogen in case of any sign of yellowing. Exciting times ahead!

Greencedar

Very good development @Greencedar they are happy plants under your good cares :)
They should stop stretching at this point. Keep the feeding high for the upcoming 3-4 weeks, and increase nitrogen in case of any sign of yellowing. Exciting times ahead!
Thanks for the tips Dubi!
I'm still hand watering with soy aminos a couple times a week. I used it the for the first time this summer outdoors with my Green Mountain Grape clones (they faded too early last year in the 20 gal pots) and they stayed green until I stopped a few weeks out from harvest so hopefully this grow heads in the same direction. I have an amendment fed worm farm and have been lightly top dressing every 2-3 weeks, which should help. The incense terps showed up today! lovely..

Greencedar

I've got a bunch of Ace seeds ready to go and really like the structure/growth/stretch of these PBH plants. I want to try Zamaldelica fems and Golden Tiger Regs next.

Would I get similar sized plants if I repeat my process with Zam fem seeds? I'm guessing Golden Tiger would act more like my Green Honduras Haze plants with the stretch...

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A picture of perfect health, they are loving your feeding, not a sign of over/feeding or underfeeding She is indeed entering the explosive flowering stage now!

You can expect GT regular size/stretching somewhat in the middle between Green Honduras Haze and Zamaldelica fem.