What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Tree Pouch

Cannabis

Veteran
The "MAINE" OLLA aka The CANNABIS OLLA

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=53588&pictureid=1251703

The "SUPERMAINE" OLLA both these INVENTED by CANNABIS

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=53590&pictureid=1251702

:laughing:
HOW DO YA LIKE ME NOW?

:dance013: :tiphat:

I am doing this to help persecuted growers world wide and I encourage you ALL to take these little things I have come up with and make them happen, and spread them FAR and WIDE.

I'm old but I'm not through kicking PROHIBITION around like the tin can punks they are.

I am going to invent a DOZEN NEW THINGS to HELP PEOPLE GROWING IN TREES.

(1) I HAVE ALREADY COME UP WITH USING THE INNER TUBE "MAINE POUCH"/CANNABIS POUCH

(2)THE INNER TUBE POUCH FOR A WATER RESERVE: A "MAINE RESERVE" LoL

(3)THE "MAINE" POUCH VERSION I'M CALLING
the "MAINE SADDEBAGS" CONFIGURATION with TWO plants,
ONE on EACH SIDE of one, over a limb,

(4)A WAY TO DISGUISE POUCHES and POTS in TREES AS BROKEN LIMBS to MAKE them MUCH HARDER to SEE, in the TREES of MAINE

(5) THE "MAINE SPIKE" or "CANNABIS SPIKE" (it was REALLY my Son-In-Law "THE POWER OF ONE!" SO GROWERS WORLDWIDE CAN HAVE SUPERIOR PUMP PERFORMANCE OF A "MAYA PEDAL" BIKE STYLE PUMP for their GROW in the WOODS and TREES of MAINE
WITH FAR FEWER PARTS and ALMOST PERFECT STEALTH to GET THAT WATER UP IN TREES and those GREAT GROWING PLACES in the WOODS of MAINE :woohoo:

(6)THE "MAINE OLLA" or "CANNABIS OLLA" with a CLAY POT INSIDE a PLASTIC ONE

(7) THE SUPER MAINE/CANNABIS OLLA with ANOTHER OLLA IN THE CENTER to provide MORE water during the HOTTEST months, where ANOTHER OLLA is GLUED OVER the HOLE in the INSIDE of the CANNABIS OLLA

and we're just getting started. I'M GONNA '

FLOOD YOU IN WEED NOT JUST THIS SUMMER but

FOR

E.V.E.R.

for what you've DONE

OVERGROW the GOVERNMENT of MAINE.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
Cannabis, you have put together a lot of info, good stuff
i think tree growing has its place, for some it's the trick they need
i might take a whack at a tree setup this year, but may opt for low training down low on the ground
here's some advantages/disadvantages i see for trees

advantages
certain animals, such as deer, are taken out of the picture, and that's a pretty big deal
also some insects, also a very big deal
and the 2 legged sorts of animals called rippers, provided there is good stealth

downsides
got to be more overhead per plant, but for small plant numbers still doable
storm damage - from what i've seen this is the big one, you're going to get some high winds unless very lucky, but there's always tradeoffs

Cannabis

Veteran
And the fact they can be seen, dude, I've been looking around and I can see you really have to THINK about what's WAYYYY out there with nothing to do but eat their sandwich and grab then new Wal Mart binoculars and check stuff out.... hunters, naturalists, bird people, just curious people government infrastructure/housing inspection types....

Cannabis, you have put together a lot of info, good stuff
i think tree growing has its place, for some it's the trick they need
i might take a whack at a tree setup this year, but may opt for low training down low on the ground
here's some advantages/disadvantages i see for trees

advantages
certain animals, such as deer, are taken out of the picture, and that's a pretty big deal
also some insects, also a very big deal
and the 2 legged sorts of animals called rippers, provided there is good stealth

downsides
got to be more overhead per plant, but for small plant numbers still doable
storm damage - from what i've seen this is the big one, you're going to get some high winds unless very lucky, but there's always tradeoffs

igrowone

Veteran
And the fact they can be seen, dude, I've been looking around and I can see you really have to THINK about what's WAYYYY out there with nothing to do but eat their sandwich and grab then new Wal Mart binoculars and check stuff out.... hunters, naturalists, bird people, just curious people government infrastructure/housing inspection types....

that is true, you need the right spot
i have been thinking about a tree LST
wind around the container, plant profile is gone
high maintenance though, but it takes it up a notch on stealth

2 Legal Co

Veteran
On that note I'll just say......

I think I'll stay in Colorado! At least till some more states do what we did.

Smiles everyone.

Cannabis

Veteran
I bought a plastic pot and a clay one from Wal-Mart today.

The size of the pot is kinda small but, they didn't have what I think most of us call, extra large,

just large.

I put it together in the form of a "MAINE" OLLA just a CLAY POT SEALED INSIDE

a PLASTIC ONE.

I put clear plastic food wrap over the top of them,

after I put a barb in the top, and shot the space between them full of water with a hose stuck in the lid of a two liter bottle to simulate a reservoir.

To let the air out I drilled another hole - that hole wound up being, one barb I trimmed too flat and it wouldn't take water; and had to cut it off and let it be the air vent for filling.

I put the holes, side by side. In the field, if a person wants to, they can fill the space between the two, then just pull out a stub of hot glue, hit it with a lighter, and daub sealed.

Whatever works, reservoir pressures vary obviously so bear in mind what you're doing on your own rigs.

From then on, with the hose on the barb and the hose itself filled with water, it'll take being fed from above.

THE FIRST TIME I FLEXED THE PLASTIC OF THIS ONE THE HOT GLUE SEAL BROKE so BE AWARE of THAT, and I dunno, ya might wanna go with construction urethane, construction adhesive.

I took a series of pictures but there's really no need for me to make these good people pay to put up a picture
of two pots,
sitting one inside the other,

with where the rims meet a shiny wide sheen of hot glue.

I covered it with clear plastic wrap and water has seeped through. There's an actual small quantity of water in the bottom like someone touched a counter top with wet fingertips.

Also I took pictures of me, taking two things to it: a steel brush and some sandpaper.

The pot was dry from Wal Mart so I laid it on it's side and wetting the end of a Q-Tip I put TWO DOTS on the CLAY POT, ONE ON THE SCUFFED PART, ONE, on the factory finish.

I carefully monitored the dots looking for a different rate of absorption.

The rates looked Identical where I'd scuffed the outside in the absorption: there was an actual visibly VERY near identical rate of absorption side by side.

So to double check this I took some sandpaper on the inside, the wire brushing was way hard anyway to get any scuffing done,

and I sanded off a patch about 5 X 9 inches.

Wetting an entire hand, droplets come off all the fingers and I shook my hand over the SCUFFED PART AND THE NON SCUFFED PART AT THE SAME TIME and swiftly PULLED BACK my HAND and STARED at the BOUNDARY REGIONS and the RATES of ABSORPTION on

THIS one were identical. It seems like the surface of the mold was just well conditioned and there was no need AT ALL to scuff, AT ALL.

After I sealed and barbed and filled it I covered it with clear plastic wrap at 7:00 pm.

At that point the bottom was looking dark like stained and where the water had been squeezed into the barb using a two liter bottle/hose/lid/hotglue setup, on the inside,
I could see the trace mark of where I put the water in over a period of about fifteen minutes.

I new-guyed the first barb looking at the thing and STILL sanding it flat so it would be shorter. Doh, dude.. that's how planes hit mountains. Tried to pull it out but I'd since of course glued it in - rather than go crazy I snipped it off after a few pry attempts to check the likelihood of the hot glue not handling the action. It had already popped off around the rim after my first, LIGHT, NARROW BEAD hot glue job.

The hot glue held, I cut off the barb.

I started adding the water at 7:00pm like I said and IT STARTED RUNNING OUT the AIR HOLE AFTER the BARB INCIDENT about 7:15.

AT 12:00 AM following I CHECKED IT AND IT SEEMED TO BE 'DOWN' IN LEVEL ABOUT A CUP - THAT'S ABOUT WHAT I ADDED remember the pot was JUICED, when it was TOTALLY DRY so there was BOUND to be some ABSORPTION.

----------------------------
There was a shine to the surface and the bottom and about two inches looked dark with water. There were a couple of places that resembled wet water fingerprints if someone put their finger tips down TIP down on a countertop, wet.

I got the pictures of that so, I shot it with some more water and I'm gonna just let it weep through on it's on, and give you guys some pictures of it after I fill it up for the night.

DISCLAIMER: GO GET YOUR LOCAL FLOWER POT. SLAP DUCT TAPE OVER THE DRAIN HOLE, and SIT IT INTO A BOWL OF WATER. WAIT A FEW HOURS.

THIS is the exciting JOURNALISTIC DOCUMENTATION you're gonna find here in urgent phonecam "not really live action" reporting.

If I wake up tomorrow and there's water all down the sides, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be suspicious that it probably wicks a little slow, to use JUST the walls of the pot, but - hey WHO KNOWS, ya KNOW?

Because you can get a little pressure built up and press water through the stuff according to that pressure, it's easy to see that from how water is leaking through from THE BOTTOM and coming through less and less, higher and higher,

and holding it up to light and watching water absorb into the stuff.

So we'll see. I'm gonna go check it again it's been an hour and a half since then.

ONE MINUTE LATER: WOW. THE WHOLE BOTTOM IS COVERED WITH LITTLE DIME SIZED PUDDLES OF WATER.

THEY'RE EVENLY SPACED, and the SURFACE of the CLAY is REALLY SHINY, they LOOK like they're sitting on a WAXED TILE FLOOR is what it most looks like, let me go check the sides.

Cannabis

Veteran
My wife says she has a hard time syncing her phone,

I took the clear wrap off, and there is in fact, a sheen of water in there, on the bottom; and over a couple of two-inch stripes droplets are connected in a larger sorta parenthesis pattern, droplets about a dime wide or so up from about the size of a pea or so, when I saw it the first time it really looked like water droplets sitting on waxed terracotta tile, but after I took the clear wrap off it's more obvious, and mundane to see.

The bottom's got the water on it but elsewhere there's no obvious liquid weeping through although there's no question the whole sidewall region up to the level of the water is having some staining going on due to water coming through slowly.

There's a VERY strong smell of freshly wetted stone, that smell you get when rain falls into a dry place and you can smell the wet dust in the air, for a few minutes before it gets right to you. The smell of a sprinkler being turned onto a hot sidewalk, a chalky smell. When I lifted the clear food wrap that smell of dust, with water, was really strong. Other than that it was as boring as, it probably seemed to everybody else. LoL!

Don't wait up for exciting weep vision it's all in slow motion I assure ya

Cannabis

Veteran
Okay it's a few minutes later and I went in there and ran the back of my hand along the inside of the clay where it LOOKS wet. I could VERY well feel MOISTURE on the back of my fingers as I ran my hand back and forth on it.

I noticed also that around the bottom the drops sure do look suspiciously like they're pointing toward the center, having rolled down from above.

Cannabis

Veteran
It's now 3:30 AM and i just woke up and went and checked the pot. There's more water in the bottom but not much, it still looks like it's mostly converging big fat drops of water with an almost complete ring around the base area where there's just some water standing from the drops converging.

I shot THE REST of the 2-LITER BOTTLE of WATER into it and then refilled the 2-liter and

SHOT IN ALMOST ANOTHER WHOLE LITER out of THAT. Earlier I spilled a little of it say a quarter of a liter or so, so I'd say that

SO FAR I HAVE PUT IN
about TWO and THREE QUARTERS LITERS, to PARTIALLY charge this pot with water. I see the darkening, rising to a level which seemed to indicate where the water was when I woke back up and went in there, down some from full but not really down very far, about the 2/3 up from bottom level seemed to be sorta universally darkened in an obvious water-level ring around the inside there.

This pot is a 12 inch terracotta pot from walmart for about nine bucks.

Cannabis

Veteran
It's now 8:30 AM and the pot has begun to weep water, down the entire sidewall of the pot.

I got photos but it's not super fantastic action just looks like the inside of the pot's kinda wet.

It's gonna get coco next, and I have pictures of everything going on so far, I will put up photos of it later, probably need to do a thread of it's own.

IT'S DEFINITELY WORKING EXACTLY LIKE I FIGURED.

Cannabis

Veteran
I've been considering that LST angle and just what it means in trees.

I think, there's - like - just to start off, since none of us have really done this a lot, no one on earth has, -

- let's say to start,

TWO major canopy types: those that are potentially apt to have human eyes
actually able to run OVER the AREA where the plants are,

and those that are not apt to have that happen because there's simply no place, no angleS, from which, the canopy, becomes one,
human eyes, scan;

especially for color,

especially for interruption of tree geometry -

- and that's CANOPY SHAPE - and, SKY PROFILE, from BELOW, --- I mean

from ANY reasonable DISTANCE, INCLUDING, B.I.N.O.C.U.L.A.R.S. - in some cases out to a couple of miles, I'd think for canopies, if the plants are big and/or numerous.

And there are gonna be places that tempt people to grow in em
that are actually nothing more than flag pole promontories facing the sun: in other words it's an AWESOME place - if you want to raise a giant flag into the sun saying "HEY LOOK AT ME, I DISCOVERED THE REGION'S SUNNIEST, most GROW'A'DELIC SPOT, YaW!!!"

Tell ya the truth I see a LOT; I said I see a LOT of people getting busted this way if they aren't careful.

"Yeah but they can't find me."

"Yeah you're right: there's no such thing as a game trail camera."

Doh.

So, no matter what kind of paradigm changes guerrilla growing undergoes,

with the advent of a way to pump MASSIVE amounts of water with a shallow well pump,

having been hashed out and designed by some people just talking about how to make the right things happen

O V E R T H R O W I N G the tyranny of the sanctimonious mouth breathing pedos who

still wear fur,

and

resent the internet because it

"Makes evurthang awl NEW an NOT LAIK IT YEWsTuh bE, YEW kin BUY THANGS DIFFURNT CULURS NOW, THAT CAINT BE GOOD FER NATIONAL UNITY!"

I firmly believe the MAIN DEAL of LIFE: PROTECT YOURSELF at ALL TIMES

is an aspect of it prone to be forgotten by people getting information overload on neat gadget giddyUP yo, EUPHORIA:

the EUPHORIC JOY of having FREEDOM in a WEAPON making them FORGET: there's no such thing

as a weapon that pays you, to lose your mind with it,
like you're gonna walk off from that.

It is a very good thing there's more than one person modulating every conversation because I'm a natural LST/Auxin-driven trainer.

First thing came to mind for me was, the tube that hooked into the unit to add water would become the same thing used to LST auxin-control train, the plants.

I didn't talk about it because I blew on by in the discussion of the growing mechanisms,

but there really, needs to develop, some brain storming on HOW to TRAIN so your MAINE GROW isn't SEEN.

LOL boobman MAYBE WE SHOULD NOMINATE NAMING GROWING IN TREES,

"MAINE GROWING!"
:laughing:

that is true, you need the right spot
i have been thinking about a tree LST
wind around the container, plant profile is gone
high maintenance though, but it takes it up a notch on stealth

Cannabis

Veteran
If there's not some talk on how to LST and what Auxin training is and does a lot of people will be planting flagpoles wondering what happened to their hopes and dreams.

Laying plants down makes the buds fatter guys because of the main plant shape-assignment hormone, AUXIN. There is a FAMILY of plant hormones called the AuxinS and the MAIN one is CALLED, AUXIN in general conversation usually.

It shapes trees by giving predominance to what are called "top tier" growing sites: growing tips on limbs.

In pot, the highest couple of inches the plant reaches, have the most growth channeled into them, as the plant tries it's annual reach for the sky and the wind so it can be pollinated / deposit pollen,

in the wind at the tops of the lower level grasses and saplings, that annual plants live amid.

So when you LST plants it MAKES them GAIN WEIGHT. However the PLANT constantly tries to BREAK OUT with a LEADER o MERISTEM bud which can make it to the sky before breeding and reproducing season says "time's up."

So it makes plants gain weight to lay the limbs down and doing this without breaking them is named, LOW STRESS TRAINING by the people who discovered it on Overgrow.

LEANING DOWN LIMBS is LOW STRESS TRAINING of a sort when you try to, even the canopy during your GUERRILLA STEALTH TIE-DOWNS to KEEP THINGS from BEING SEEN.

The OBJECTIVE is to EVEN THAT CANOPY till EVERY GROWING SITE
along EVERY GROWING STEM

is PERFECTLY HORIZONTAL to ALL THE REST. AT THIS POINT, the PLANT,

FEEDS AUXIN: the GROWTH HORMONE - TO ITSELF

by MAKING the very sites USING IT MOST -the GROWING TIPS and particularly the HIGHEST GROWING TIPS
be the sites ON the plant, that
MAKE IT.

Whatever is left over is shipped to LOWER TIER BUDDING/GROWING TIP sites THAT are LOWER and THEREFORE make MUCH LESS -down to almost none, themselves.

The PLANT's GROWING TIPS MAKE GROWTH HORMONE MOST, when THEY ARE HIGHEST growing tips. Making them ALL LEVEL makes them ALL, produce MAXIMUM GROWTH HORMONE so the plant can find
ONE or SEVERAL
that can GET ABOVE all the OTHERS
and MAKE IT INTO THE WIND STREAM of the SKY just OVERHEAD.

When the plant cant get a BREAKOUT MERISTEM up in the WIND STREAM it CONVERTS that ENERGY to MAKING MASSIVE AMOUNTS of
FLOWERS
and
POLLEN
in attempt to HELP ITSELF through simply FLOODING the environment with the instruments of it's reproduction in hopes NUMBERS of FLOWERING SITES make a better CHANCE for the stray pollen FALLING DOWN INTO the LOWER GROWTH from the wind stream.

That's the general deal.

So that's a fast tutorial about LST'ing. Auxin-based canopy training. IT MAKES the PLANTS GAIN A considerable amount of BUD WEIGHT.

The OFFSET is every day the plant gets busy doing it's best to break a growing tip out and go up so you have to keep kinda on them or four or five tips will get up and predominate and make the lower, smaller bud sites, stop growing so much.

All of you POT GROWERS need to go read AT LENGTH about AUXIN/AUXINS and you need to be able to have a discussion about it and pass it on without messing up the story.

MAINE might get it's hands on the internet and TURN it OFF because "it caint leed tuh NUTT'n but NO GOODe!"

Cannabis

Veteran
I think for most people if it's dangerous enough you have to weave it, then it MIGHT be worth hauling up a piece of wire, from below, and bending it/tacking it around some tree limbs so you can come back to it later and from below, hook with your watering "wand" a chinglie a couple of pipe lengths long and nurse the growing tips under it.

I could see that happening for a few guys and gals who have exactly the right yard/property/tree where they can get to it without any suspicion really, they just want to keep their property looking clear of exciting/and/or/guerrilla farming, action.

It seems like - and I say this shit somewhat for real: for some people who OWN or CONTROL a property, putting up a tree platform, with an appropriate scrog screen up there too,

might turn out to be the way a person can grow himself some weed.

Cannabis

Veteran
Jeez, when I started proof reading THAT post IGROWONE I thought to myself in my mental hologram, looking up from below, what - if you could see it plainly - it would look like,

and I realize, that - if you could drag, say a piece maybe.. I dunno, you'd have to be able to HANDLE it, you know? a piece of FENCE you could WRAP/TACK around LIMBS...

yOU could HANG the grow operation from the chunk of fence, and then USE the fence, for the scrog. Undoubtedly threads would be started about "MAINE SCROG FALLOUT OHNOeS!"

with pictures of dirt, plastic bucket, and plants everywhere, around the limbs of a tree where someone let their wire hangers bust out and a plant plummet to the ground. LoL.

Maybe name that kind of growing, where you go up there and HANG stuff then TACK/WRAP a SCROG screen a ''MAINE SCROG''

and you know the type, that would become MOST popular with people would be the

"REVERSE MAINE SCROG" where you TACK on some FOREST GREEN/BROWN CHICKEN WIRE

SIT the PLANT NEAR THE TRUNK STRAPPED DOWN and USE the SCREEN it's SITTING ON to PULL the TALL ONES DOWN TO, to SCROG them down.

LoL "My summer 2015 Reverse Maine Scrog" with a bunch of pictures of plant containers sitting on wire mesh, their plants woven, wove, woven, through the screen. How HILARIOUS LOL WE could SEND the STATE of MAINE PICTURES from VARIOUS VPNs/PROXIES/Internet Cafes around the world.

Wow REVERSE MAINE SCROG: that's a GREAT one to NAME it, you KNOW people have already done it but we should all start naming EVERY SINGLE THING that HAS to DO with GROWING in a TREE,

"a MAINE ______"

oH YES UPDATE:

I have been watching the MAINE OLLA and it CONTINUES to SATURATE FULLY and IS NOW in a STATE where THERE IS VISIBLE WATER, in WIDE, SLOW MOVING, VERY UNIFORM, REPETITIVE LOOKING, SHALLOW, DOWNWARD RIVULETS, RIGHT UP to WHERE the WATER LEVEL IS.

THERE is NOW about an INCH and a QUARTER of WATER in the "MAINE OLLA".

The darn thing works ya'll I'm not friggin jokin, GO TO YOUR YARD

GET A DOGGONE CLAY POT,

D.U.C.T. T.A.P.E. THE HOLE,

PUT A BRICK INSIDE

AND PUT THAT FLOWER POT IN IT.

THE WORLD'S MOST EFFICIENT AND WELL TRIED WICKING SYSTEM IS NOW IN YOUR HANDS, FOR YOU TO MODIFY TO BECOME AN EXTREME-EFFICIENCY WICKING OLLA FOR YOUR POT.

INSTEAD of BURYING your OLLA BESIDE your POT,

BURY the OLLA IN the GROUND and PUT the POT PLANT INSIDE, and FEED it WITH HYDROPONIC WATER.

HOLY SMOKES I JUST INVENTED AN ENTIRELY NEW TYPE OF HYDROPONIC PASSIVE GROWING.

JEEZ.

A MAINE OLLA WITH A PERLITE/COCO/WHATEVER HYDROPONIC MEDIUM

LEACHING WATER IN THROUGH THE WALLS! Jeez

HOLY COW DUDES I'M GONNA DO A HYDROPONIC GROW IN THIS THING.

I'LL START A THREAD BUT WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO PROBABLY MODIFY IT SOME FOR HYDRO

BY MAKING IT A SUPER MAINE OLLA WITH ANOTHER OLLA INSIDE, COVERING the HOLE of the MAINE OLLA it's IN

OLLA holding the plant, but ANOTHER INTERCONNECTED (via their drain holes being glued together so water flows between the two) one GLUED to the bottom connecting the DRAIN holes.

I thought earlier people would ask, how you'd make one able to be switched on later on during a grow like if you're using soil and a first the plant doesn't need a lot of water.

What you'd do is you'd use glue in the drain holes and EXACTLY the WAY a LIGHT SWITCH is RUN for a BATHOOM or BEDROOM you'd run an EXTRA TUBING RUN UP, OUT of the SOIL, where you slip in a small VALVE above soil there that, when you TURN it, it allows water in, through ONE of the OLLAS or the OTHER, according to HOW you'd LIKE to SET IT UP.

For instance you could set up a SUPER MAINE OLLA with at FIRST, the CENTER OLLA that was UNDERGROUND, feeding the PLANT: the OLLA you have GLUED IN at the BOTTOM: you could feed for awhile, in THAT one... ALONE and then when the HOT WEATHER COMES

TURN THE LITTLE 1/4 INCH FEED VALVE AND FLOOD THE OUTER, CLAY POT OLLA HOLDING THE PLANT, which you've got plastic around making it a MAINE OLLA: NOW, water would come IN via a drip line from your reservoir, still feeding through that internal OLLA you have glued over the hole in bottom with your little valve but with the valve OPEN, the WATER LEVEL would RISE UP around the OUTSIDE of that MAIN OLLA you had the plastic pot sealed around

If you're just coming up and don't know what I mean please look at the diagram of the SUPER MAINE OLLA I designed and drew while we were talking about this maximizing the wicking efficiency for trees thing.

YOU can put a FAIRLY simple, you know, little VALVE chinglie in there and FLOOD, either ONE, or BOTH of the OLLAS.

It's not drawn in but obviously one time a man figured out how to get water between two horse troughs. It's not super duper complicated, nevertheless I guess I ought to draw it up, huh.

I'll do that tonight, because I can friggin assure you, there's enough water coming in the walls of this twelve inch plant to feed medium amounts of water, to a plant in it. If you go look up a 12 inch clay flower pot from Wal Mart that's what it is.

The walls absorbed about a liter and a half, and about a half liter or so seems to be in the bottom of the pot right now.

I am REASONABLY sure, you could get REASONABLE growth from a MAINE OLLA from POT and I am

ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you could get GOOD growth from a reservoir fed SUPER MAINE OLLA with the INNER OLLA covering and interconnecting the drain hole of the larger OLLA it was put inside.

Cannabis

Veteran
mATTTER of FACT,

I think I'm gonna try to figure out how with the stuff I have lying around, to do a couple of different OLLA grows with these plants I have lyin around, hopefully my good neighbors won't steal me blind.

I can see this is goin on, guys, that olla (it's said "Ah'Ya" or "Oy'Ya") action is real.

GO GET A FLOWER POT and DUCT TAPE the HOLE and SINK IT IN a BUCKET and LOOK at WHAT COMES THROUGH.

igrowone

Veteran
the thought of scrogging had occurred to me after the LST post
that would need some tree climbing i would think, which would be good for some
a LST might be doable without climbing which would be better for me
but a scrog in a tree might be a 1st, never saw a thread/post of it anyways

Cannabis

Veteran
If you fed it water via a couple of chunks of pipe slipped together with a wire on it as a sorta hanger for it while you watered I think you could use it to give you about ... well, from ten to twenty feet of reach.

That's a lot if you only want to go up, one time per ever several visits, and are happy to climb up in there JUST enough to be able to reach.

I seriously can see a LOT of people setting themselves up to
fall
drop something and break it
get caught.

I drew the Valve Controlled Super Maine Olla just now, hang on; it'll be a minute. :dance013: :woohoo:
the thought of scrogging had occurred to me after the LST post
that would need some tree climbing i would think, which would be good for some
a LST might be doable without climbing which would be better for me
but a scrog in a tree might be a 1st, never saw a thread/post of it anyways

Cannabis

Veteran
VALVE CONTROLLED SUPER MAINE OLLA DIAGRAM

VALVE CONTROLLED SUPER MAINE OLLA DIAGRAM

I DREW THIS VALVE CONTROL DIAGRAM FOR A "SUPER MAINE" OLLA

which has an OLLA inside the MAIN OUTER OLLA of a MAINE OLLA setup.

A MAINE OLLA is a CLAY POT SLID INSIDE A WATERPROOF OUTER POT AND FED SO WATER WEEPS THROUGH IT'S WALLS.

A SUPER MAINE OLLA IS ONE WHERE ANOTHER OLLA IS GLUED OVER THE DRAIN HOLE OF THE OUTER ONE,

AND EITHER ONE,

OR BOTH OLLAS,

CAN BE USED TO FEED THE PLANT INSIDE THE POT, at ANY GIVEN TIME.

The WATER COLUMNS aren't able to be kept separate in this flow diagram but if a person wanted to feed separate water supplies for some reason obviously that's not hard.

THE VALVE CONTROLLED SUPER MAINE OLLA.

:laughing: :dance013::dance013::dance013::tiphat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=53635&pictureid=1251701

Latest posts

Latest posts