What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Tree Pouch

boobman

I don't mind at all if this idea spreads around but help me design this will ya my dear cannabis growers.

Using a army green or tree bark camo...design with me a pouch that can be tacked onto a tree out in the bush. Using a ladder you can go up the tree and tack in a bunch of pouches - making vertical growing above ground and above animal or thief.

Initially my idea is for putting ten bags on a tree and doing ten trees within a km so they are widely spread around. They would probably be pouches that could support the weight of enough material inside the pouch to grow an female autoflower or a very early flowering indica. It's not meant for a big sativa.

My idea would get you between 6- 12 pounds using 100 pouches and top yielding fem autos.

Anyways, initially, I suggest something like the P38 or P37 Belgian patrol pouch. I say double the size of it. Make it 12-18 inches tall. Make it 6 inches wide and six inches in depth when fully opened up. So it could have some pieces with holes for tacking nails through or for paracord to hold it up like a flower pot hanging from a tree.

Do I make this out of canvas or do I make it out of cordura nylon like we see on all the packs and bags these days? Should I consider any other kind of material?

What do you think guys? I think it could add stealth to your out door growing and protect from animals too. And thieves.

I appreciate your input. Thank you.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I would be worried about having such pouches discovered by someone simply looking up, while wandering the woods, though I suppose if you did not place too many pouches together up a single tree, and put in some extra effort to camouflage your setup, you could pull off this grow idea.

Don't forget the hassle of hauling water up a tree regularly for months, or pumping it up with a noisy engine. All told, I can see why successful tree grows are as rare as hen's teeth. Anyways, I wish you a good run with this idea, and please post some pictures later, as you implement this bold plan.

theJointedOne

Veteran
try putting them in the nest of branches, rather than hanging off the side of the tree.

this is how guerrilla was/is done in many places still.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be worried about having such pouches discovered by someone simply looking up, while wandering the woods, though I suppose if you did not place too many pouches together up a single tree, and put in some extra effort to camouflage your setup, you could pull off this grow idea.

Don't forget the hassle of hauling water up a tree regularly for months, or pumping it up with a noisy engine. All told, I can see why successful tree grows are as rare as hen's teeth. Anyways, I wish you a good run with this idea, and please post some pictures later, as you implement this bold plan.

Yeah, I've heard of that 'stealth' method in the NW....where you don't need to water (as much).

To me, sounds rather labor intensive. And squirrels, other crawling varmints can eat your greens in trees, too.

Good luck with the project!!

boobman

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. All of your points are valid. I was kust trying to figure out the shape of the pouch and what material it should be made out of. Does anyone want to chime in about those things?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to do that in the late 70's but we just used 5 gallon buckets (hand camo painted) and used battery powered pumps and backpacks FULL of liners with water...it was A SHIT-TON OF WORK......but at the end we had a phat wallet and a LOT of fucking friends LOL!

Your pouch idea sounds a LOT better GOOD LUCK!!!

boobman

Would making a tree pouch out of the material you find in a good backpack...called cordura nylon. Would that kind of fabric create mold? A good army olive drabe aka army green colour too. It would be strong.

ZZTops

Veteran
13273107_BG1.jpg

http://www.abc27.com/story/13273107/marijuana-found-growing-in-trees-in-york-county

13119156_BG4.jpg

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Holy Toledo ZZTops, that is one huge planter to get airborne, and I don't need no cheap sunglasses to know that is true ha ha.

On a serious note, that grow must be located on well fenced private property, or someplace so far out in the sticks that only 4-legged critters frequent the area, since no human would ever look up and mistake that monstrous rig for a spotted barn owl.

boobman

Jumpin Jeezus man! Sorry for the delay checking back on my thread. Those buckets are awesome! What a great story for around the fires doing it that way eh! I've got to try that out!

boobman

I did think about tree stands. For a few plants - yeah, it's a good idea. For ten to twenty plants, then we're getting expensive.

boobman

Was that the gorilla gold you mentioned? Thanks for your insights! Can I get it at herbies or should I try someplace else? good pics too!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
My hat is off to you, J Toker, for the tree-top engineering feat shown in the pictures you posted here. That setup does blend in with the foliage, and would be really difficult to see fer sure.

It never occurred to me that a constructed tree-top platform could be used as the planter, and that weathered tree-house appearance of your design, when viewed from below, is a great bonus for security.

Cannabis

Veteran
4:35 AM
Outdoor Tree Pouch - Cannabis Growing Outdoors - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I went back before I cleared my history and found where I came to this thread the first time, I think there are several quite valuable things to come out in this thread boobman and I'm sorry for bombing the thread later but you asked so I started thinking about it for serious.

I had been searching :

4:32 AM
growing marijuana in a tree - Google Search - www.google.com

And it's kinda funny because I had been reading a long time before that on this search:

3:15 AM stealthy marijuana plant - Google Search - www.google.com

I feel like it's been a productive thread, already, and one that is going to set in motion a gradually building movement for growing stealthily in trees.

Peace on yas.

Latest posts

Latest posts