What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

J

Jydsk

yep looking good...but weather is not looking great next week. I hope all works out for yah tho, i'll cross my fingers as i got some out there somewhere too...:joint:

Best of luck

blackone

Veteran
Yeah next week looks sucky with a mazimum of 15C and night temps down to 5C - even a small risk of frost next sunday. I hope it's not gonna happen yet... I definitely need more sun.

THC123

Veteran
lookin great there , i hope the weather will cooperate.

Same here , fat buds still few weeks to go and they forecast rain and mist and cold temps:fsu::wallbash:

dubite

@blackone: Looking mighty GOOD!! Hope you will have some nice nugs at the end!!
@THC as long as the difference between night and day is not too big and there is enough wind we should be fine ;) Have already developed a morning ritual where I clean off all the dew from GH.
What sucks indeed is that nights are already quite cold and my SS's are showing signs of purpling.

sneakinman13

Veteran
damn blackone!
looking veryy nice
i hope the weather stays great for you !
see you soon with some updates i hope...
good vibes

bongcritter

I hope all goes well for you blackone...I'm hoping for just another couple warm and sunny weeks...Thats all!!!

mold stay away indeed...ive been worrying a lot about it myself!

blackone

Veteran
Checked the weather forecast - looks like they're promising warmer weather after the weekend, although still very rainy... ew... If it looks really bad then I might be forced to harvest some tops in the weekend but I would rather wait because the small plants I harvested early look and smell like hay, even though the high is ok. Perhaps a cure will help them a little.
A Freja female that never made it outside - this one started autoflowering because I was neglecting it in a small plastic cup. Looks like it's perking up a bit after I chopped off the flowering top and repotted. With a little luck she will grow into a nice mother for next years outdoor - hell might even give a clone a go under hps.

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Went out to check on the girls because of the harsh weather. Brought some bags for harvesting just in case... Turned out to be a pretty sucky day.
Rainy, windy... but it had to be done.

Spot 3
Well.. the PotXFreja had a lot of mold so I harvested all of the oldest plants and also a couple of Freja. All of them had at least a little mold - one plant had mold on every branch.
picture.php

Yuck...
picture.php

Some of it was nice - lost like 25% to mold I think. Still could use a little more ripening but they had to go... most mold I noticed had indeed started in snail poop. Have read about it before and thought it was funny. Not so funny now - sucks to harvest early.
picture.php

Freja and Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/DP. The Phil cross seems to be mold resistant. Plant with mold in foreground is potXFreja - same plant that was shown earlier.
picture.php

Goodbye spot #3.. I hope the rest won't rot before I come back...
picture.php

Spot#1
Damn... when I came to the spot I couldn't see my plants and thought it was rippers. Turned out all of them were lying down because of the strong wind. No room in my backpack and no time - else I would have cut everything here down. Have to come back here soon for an early harvest too (doh)
picture.php

Spot#2
Well.. nowhere near ready so this spot is gonna get a chance to stand for a while. Esbe's crosses seem mold resistant but perhaps that will change when they mature.
picture.php

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
got to hate what some rain and wind can do to 5 months of work :(

they still look awesome bro :d

J

Jydsk

hate this time of year regarding the mold....i took all mine down before the weekend and after what i saw weather wise it was a good decission on my behalf. Well anyhoo, good luck on the rest of your OD....:abduct:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. I plan on taking down all of my PotXFreja this coming weekend, and also spot#1 that was totally flattened.
I saw Dyr's Arne crosses were getting a little mold so I probably won't take spot#2 to full maturity either but they do need some more time. Phil's ErdpurtXErocket/DP will probably get some more time if they don't start rotting on me too.
Weather forecast shows more sun now than it previously did, but with quite a bit of rain too - pretty cold nights also but no frost yet. I wonder what that kind of weather will do to my girls.

This coming winter I'll be going through all threads I can find from 50N to 60N to check up on strains - Thyphoon looks very very promising I must say, along with Royal Dane / Carpatian, Danish Passion, Auto Lhotse. PotXFreja and also Freja will probably get another go along with the Phil cross and some seeds I have on my PotXFreja that are probably fathered by the Phil cross - might be fathered by Freja (I had males of both strains autoflowering in my vegging cab)
Auto AK47 might get a chance too - I'm thinking if I put all of my regular strains out in May then they could go out in early June for an August harvest of buds grown entirely in the summer sun.

J

Jydsk

I've made a few beans off Danish Gold x Danish Gold this year, I will be doing them again next year, guerilla style.....not too leafy with lots of bud and hardly any mold. Smoke wise i can't comment yet as they are undergoing the royal treatment of dry and curing :)

doktoren

Looks really great Blackone!

Hope you get a proper harvest dude... Been lurking alot in this thread ;)

And btw, that freja "mother" got... Thats very interesting! i've been thinking of starting some outdo seeds for mothers next year... But youre ahead of me ;)

Have a superduper harvest buddy

Dok

blackone

Veteran
I've made a few beans off Danish Gold x Danish Gold this year, I will be doing them again next year, guerilla style.....not too leafy with lots of bud and hardly any mold. Smoke wise i can't comment yet as they are undergoing the royal treatment of dry and curing :)
Sounds cool:) Would love to hear a smoke report.

Looks really great Blackone!

Hope you get a proper harvest dude... Been lurking alot in this thread ;)

And btw, that freja "mother" got... Thats very interesting! i've been thinking of starting some outdo seeds for mothers next year... But youre ahead of me ;)

Have a superduper harvest buddy

Dok

Yeah it was a leftover I had - it's shooting alright now I just wonder if I can keep her from flowering. Will probably take some cuts as soon as possible because perhaps they might not auto as easily as clones - or perhaps I can keep cloning her perpetually until it's time to make mothers in big pots in March or so. Might even try her in my cab.
Might also try making a mother from PotxFreja- not sure if it's possible though.

Atm the PotXFreja dwarf plants I harvested a couple of weeks ago is what I'm smoking on. It has a pretty strange smell - a little sweet like caramel but quite subtle. Potency is nice - only takes a very small amount to get me the perfect stone for relaxing on a worknight. Taste seems nice - hard to really judge it as I have yet to try tasting her in larger amounts - but it leaves a sweet aftertaste in the mouth. Will get some pics up of the buds I harvested in the weekend. They're almost dry now - not too pretty - but probably as potent as the ones I harvested earlier.

Last edited:
J

Jydsk

Sounds cool:) Would love to hear a smoke report.QUOTE]

I'll do a smoke rep when all are cured...had a pre taste of Thaipan aka racehaze. I found a tall thin leaved pheno(1,5meters) which didn't finish before end of Sept. produced the most bud ive seen on that type of auto-sativa, i smoked a very tiny bit of fingerhash and got ripped...a creeper which comes in waves with tingling cheeks and a positive thought provoking high which lasts a long time, didn't notice any body stone worth mentioning, not the kind you wanna smoke at night.

More on that later tho :joint:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - looks like it's gonna be cloudy and a little rainy in the weekend, while next week will be dry but with cold nights - not quite as cold as they previously promised but still below 0 degrees 1 or 2 nights. This should really help the babies turn color - with a little luck it might work wonders for spot #2, and if I see no mold on my Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/DP in the weekend then they're gonna have to try it too - would love to see some really dark/purple/black buds.

I might have mentioned it already.. planning a stabilization project with Phil's Erdpurt * E-rocket/DP. The working title is Nugg-It (NI) or Nugg-It-Out (NIO) because it gave me some beatiful nuggets indoor. Seems to be on the early side of the Erdpurt influenced crosses and variation in this F2 generation I'm growing now is fairly limited. Never got around to pollinate the ones outside and I deeply regret that now because a couple of them seem earlier than the rest. They were put out in early July and probably would have been monsters and a bit earlier if put out in May.
The breeding project will only be started if they're proving themselves able to grow some potent, frosty nuggets with good bag-appeal.
I totally love the sight of the current early Danish genetics and will probably be growing several next year. They seem very great for bubblehash and I know firsthand that Eno's Freja crosses are damn potent. But something that would deliver tight indica buds that really look delicious in the bag is the goal for this project.

Latest posts

Latest posts