What's new

Organics round 2

Bmac1

Veteran
Some harvest shots from last night. As previously stated, I wanted to try and keep the odor under control at harvest time so I think a dry trim will be the best plus it usually leads to better, more intense aromas and flavors IMO.

All are hanging to dry and no shocker but the yield on the forum really is small, especially compared to the other two good yielders.

Sorry for the upside down but they are hanging, thats why.

GG#4

picture.php

Lime Cookies

picture.php

Forum

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
What is your tents humidity this time of year?
i think we are all a sucker for a little purpling.:dance013:
Great work Bmac. Looks tasty

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by folks. I always like to shoot for the 1lb dry mark with the 600W. Im not sure Ill get there this time with the Forum yielding so little. If I am to guess right now, I would say 12-14oz.

I would think in another run with the GG#4 and the Lime Cookies in the vert screens I could hit 16-20oz.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Superb grow Bmac. :) That's some good yields for 600W. How much time in veg for those yields? Approximate average?

Great work brother

Bmac1

Veteran
With nice stretchy and branchy strains like the GG#4 and the LIme Cookies, you dont need a whole lot. These were cut back a few times and kept in small pots before getting into the flowering pots. Then they only got about a week before I flipped. I could be a little high on the estimate on this run. With my vert screens and the glue and lime cookies, a 3-4 week veg would get me to a lb or more for sure.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
damn everything looks excellent b!

have you tried the lime cookies before or is this your first time with her? she is really pretty! i look forward to a smoke report on that.

:respect:

Bmac1

Veteran
This is my first run with all of these ladies. Im told that the Lime Cookies is a tasty day wrecker. Probably best saved for late night puffing or Sunday Netflix binges.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My set up is almost the exact same, 600 w, vert, same strains too. Only difference is the organics. I've been thinking of switching over. Glad your yields are still on point. I may switch over after seeing this run.

Bmac1

Veteran
Welcome aboard cron. My first go with organics, I felt my yield was noticeably lighter. The mix was a bit N heavy and a little light on the P and K so I made the additions I mention on the first page. Im happy with those additions as I think Ill be pretty happy with the yield this time despite the forum.

The numbers I listed above are my chem nutes numbers. I dont have it that dialed in organics as of yet but this run seems to be s definite step up from my first. I think the GG#4 fattened up quite nice and the Lime Cookies is no slouch either and rock hard buds.

Bmac1

Veteran
So I am starting to trim and get it into jars. Ive finished the forum cut and I got 3/4 of a mason jar full form a 10 weeker in a 5 gal pot. Ouch. It is great smoke but when Im only doing 4-5 plants at a time,
TONDq.gif

Ill finish the trim tonight and get some pics. Doing a plant at a time to keep the stank down.

The seedlings are doing well except for one of the SSDD, total runt that I will likely ditch. The clones are ready for transplant too. Got to get a tea brewing this weekend.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Looking forward to seeing your pics Bmac.
Next round should be pretty sweet.:dance013:

giphy.gif

Let us know your feelings on the smoke from your cuts if you get the chance.
PH

Bmac1

Veteran
So its all in the jars now and I have to say that this is my lightest yield to date. I think there were a couple of factors.

The main one being the GSC and its pitiful yield.

The second being that I was maybe a little too aggressive with the trim job at about the 3 week mark. I think I trimmed pretty good if I were growing under a horizontal bulb but maybe not the best for a vert application. Live and learn.

Lastly, I think I could have let them get more roots established prior to flipping.

I ended up with 4 mason jars of GG#4, 3 of Lime Cookies and 3/4 of one with the GSC. I estimate that each jar hold about 1.25-1.5 oz.

Despite the small yield, it is all outstanding bud, no doubt about it. Once it has a week in the jars, Ill get to some smoke reports and pics.

I will get a tea going later today so that I can get the clones into the flower tent tomorrow or Monday.

Latest posts

Latest posts