What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organics round 2

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you set up a drying space that exhausts into the tent intake?

I've a terrible palette (chain smoker, Gribbel style) but can tell when flower is dried near soil, in a musty room, garage, etc.

With the predators established I would be inclined to chop and replant.

Stoked to see the final result.

Bmac1

Veteran
It has to be in the tent for sure. I might just take the plants out and let the dirt dry for the 7 days. Then Id just cut a hole, plant a clone and maybe re saturate with a tea or some fish hydrolosate. Maybe even through another round of the predators in at the beginning as a safety measure along with the sticky strips. Id like to see if plants would be even better after a second round in the same soil.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I think the plants are likely to be working even better with the more mature soil. Stoked for harvest shots. :D

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i haven't been able to eliminate established pest issues with just hypoapsis miles. they will attack the eggs and larval stages they can access at the soil surface, but those flyers are too quick or something.

still a worthwhile addition to the garden: they are awesome as one line of defense, they're cheap and they stick around and multiply and they stay put on the soil and don't get into the plant at all.

i've had good results from nematode application. i've been using steinernema feltiae. they are relatively affordable. when i receive them i spoon out a portion and add it to dechlorinated water (i ususally use the distilled water from my AC or dehuey) in my pump sprayer.

i mix the remainder with enough water to root drench every container in the garden. that gets distributed out, then i foliar spray very thoroughly all non flowering plants, including cuts in the cloner. i also spray the mulch surface on every container in the garden.

this decimates the flyers and puts a major dent in a thrip or fungus gnat infestation IME.

the other most effective thing is a physical barrier preventing access to the soil, e.g. perlite, DE, growstone, etc.

that one breaks my heart because i like to have a nutritious mulch participating in the functioning of my no-till containers. it does work tho. put down a good 3--4" layer and they can't lay their eggs to reproduce.

only thing with that one is if you are using nursery pots they will just move to the drainage holes. but it is pretty dang effective in fabric pots IME.

ipot

i haven't been able to eliminate established pest issues with just hypoapsis miles. they will attack the eggs and larval stages they can access at the soil surface, but those flyers are too quick or something.

still a worthwhile addition to the garden: they are awesome as one line of defense, they're cheap and they stick around and multiply and they stay put on the soil and don't get into the plant at all.

i've had good results from nematode application. i've been using steinernema feltiae. they are relatively affordable. when i receive them i spoon out a portion and add it to dechlorinated water (i ususally use the distilled water from my AC or dehuey) in my pump sprayer.

i mix the remainder with enough water to root drench every container in the garden. that gets distributed out, then i foliar spray very thoroughly all non flowering plants, including cuts in the cloner. i also spray the mulch surface on every container in the garden.

this decimates the flyers and puts a major dent in a thrip or fungus gnat infestation IME.

the other most effective thing is a physical barrier preventing access to the soil, e.g. perlite, DE, growstone, etc.

that one breaks my heart because i like to have a nutritious mulch participating in the functioning of my no-till containers. it does work tho. put down a good 3--4" layer and they can't lay their eggs to reproduce.

only thing with that one is if you are using nursery pots they will just move to the drainage holes. but it is pretty dang effective in fabric pots IME.

i cant get rid of the fungus gnats i have. I have to start over soon anyway so I am just giving up.

Bmac1

Veteran
The previous time I had them, I tried the hypoaspis miles and they did eventually come back. I then put about 2" of sand on top of each pot and they disappeared. This time, I think the crab shell meal in the soil may help keep them at bay due to the chitin? I saw the odd one here and there and it took about 8 weeks to get to the point of actually doing something more than sticky traps. The first time I had them, when I saw one, I saw 10 and then I saw 1000. Exploded almost overnight. That was before I switched to organics. If I need to go the sand route again, I Will do so. Im not too concerned about them at this point.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Bmac
Your cuts are looking tight Brother.
Sorry to hear of your ongoing battle.
Little Bastards

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Bmac

Bmac

tumblr_l3tpetpQ9Y1qc6lz4o1_1280.png

Bmac1

Veteran
Here are some pre-harvest shots from this morning which is day 68 since flipping to 12/12. I plucked all the non frost fans off this morning after taking the pics and will cut them and hang the whole plants I am thinking. Will do a dry trim to try and cut down on the harvest funk cause make no mistake, the funk with these ladies is real, lol. They are so greasy its beautiful. The glue is floppy floppy floppy. She got a nice fade going on and is falling all over herself.

I would say that at this point, I am happy with the additions I made to the soil mix cause with the exception of the forum cut, the yield seems to be good to very good and the buds are quite dense. I am going to replant into the same pots once again for another run once the harvest dries. Its looking like the next run will be 2 lime cookies a glue a GTH#1 and a Bubblegum.

On to the pics. Group shot day 68:

picture.php

Da Glue:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
There is nothing like Smoking a little Gorilla

There is nothing like Smoking a little Gorilla

6378b0ebd2e3d3acdcb18a62309d0424.jpg

Sorry could not resist.
How long did you veg your cut before putting them into 12/12 Flower BMAC?

Bmac1

Veteran
They were held back in 1 gal pots and topped a few times to get cuts out but once they were in the flower tent, I gave them about a week to adjust and soon as I say them pushing out new growth, I flipped them.